My NEW BLOWER is on its way....

breathe72

Care to take a stab at how much its gonna cost?

Ugly.

(Hydramaster 427).

I'm nauseated at how much this is gonna set me back, but am damn glad to be up and running shortly.

Its amazing how much you can get done around the house, when you're wrought with worry over your machine.

Thanks again to those of you who called and tried to find me a used blower.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
knowing hydramaster, they prolly had roots make a proprietary blower just for their machines. this allows them to charge more than double what a new blower would cost, this is what prochem did on my machine with the pump clutch, they had cat make the 3cp's with an old ball 16mm shaft, standard is 20mm so I was forced to pay $350 for a $75 part at bridgepoint. suppliers and manufacturers if you listening some cleaners like myself know when they are getting phucked with no vaseline.

Name
Lee Stockwell
47 is NOT interchangable with a 45! It shares the same end plates and drive dimensions but has larger plumbing and deeper footprint.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Larger plumbing..Yes

But turn the legs around and a 47 has the same mount as a 45!

breathe72

packfancjh said:
$2700 plus shipping and install. Lucky guess.

You hit it on the money, Chris.

So the mark-up...... is it Hydramaster marking it up FOR their disty? Or.... Is the disty involved as well?

I'd kinda like to know who gets all that extra gravy.

In which case, I'm going to ask them to help me out with the frieght cost, maybe even see if I can get something for the old blower?

I tried to get one directly from Tuthill: $1600 and some change...... But No dice.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
In this case Tuthill won't sell or ship directly to end users you have to go through a distributor. Hydramaster would be the source of the part but they have their own disty which in your case would be Interlink. Each stage gets a price increase which makes it a little more when you add in shipping. Unfortunately I couldn't find a cheaper price for you on the blower but if you need more parts for the coupler you know who to call. I hope the repairs go smooth for your and you can get back to work soon.

Greenie

I don't know where to start:

First off, it's a proprietary part that must be bought through HM, all other comments on an alternate source aren't helping.
There is a lesson here on proprietary parts, if you don't want to buy proprietary parts, don't buy a machine that uses proprietary parts.

Bawb seems to have ingnored the horsepower differential of a 47 and 45, and the madatory plumbing of horizontal or Vertical ports based apon machine design...but anyways, this thread is about his HM spec 4007 blower...how did we get off on a 45 blower rant?

On Stevie's pump comment, I'll bet it was a case of "discount purchase" more than screwing the little guy, bet you a dollar to a doughnut, those japanese pumps were cheaper, and they bought a BOAT load.

On the Who gets the gravy, I would say everyone involved in the chain, why carry HM if you can't make money off the sale of the machine, the service, and the parts? Might as well build your own, it is a for profit business, I feel bad for ya gettin' the short end of the shaft. which btw, you should get a decent core charge for your old blower, they are just gonna put a new Lobe/shaft in it, and new seals, but they have priced the parts to discourage rebuilding them (more proprietary stuff).

As a final note, you don't hear about belt drive machines snapping blower shafts, consider that in your future planning.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Economics. Average margin for a machine is 25% and a manf. is probably making less so lets say 45% of the price of a machine is profit for both folks. So between the two of us (supply and manf.) we make a total of between 5-14k off a machine depending on which one you buy. During the life of this machine you are going to make 1-2,000% return on your money. Who is getting the better deal? Part's are what keeps machine makers in buisness. Why do you think there are really only two manf. Without a strong chemical line the other guys are really struggling. I know without the parts Blueline wouldn't be where they are and I wonder how well they are doing right now with no chemical line.

Again I am not looking for a poor me but the ones that make the real money on machines is you guys the end user.

Greenie

To add to John's post, What was BLUEline before they were the BLUEline you know today?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
The mere fact that i have PERSONALY switched five or six 45 TO 47's means ...what?

"horizontal or Vertical"
Which ever way you need it and as far as the HORSEPOWER REQUIRMENTS...mean squwat when you're running a DIRECT DRIVE...so THERE!

And Greenie...the word is STANDARDIZED COMPONENTS...that's what we should look for......when buying equipment!

DAMN...Lisa was RIGHT...about you!

Name
John LaBarbera
That blower is not proprietary. HM doesn't make it. They have an exclusive on the dual splash, dual shaft from Tuthil. You can get the same thing from Roots. They also make them. Sutorbilt no doubt has them too.

John

we are opening the new Judson Truckmount Reengineering Services.

If you have a truck-mount that has problems, we eliminate all electrical controls and other type of troublesome components such as exhaust diverters, solenoids, and relays. One of the main reengineerings is the elimination of direct drive couplings, We convert the system into a belt drive.

LES

TimP

Leslie Judson Jones said:
we are opening the new Judson Truckmount Reengineering Services.

If you have a truck-mount that has problems, we eliminate all electrical controls and other type of troublesome components such as exhaust diverters, solenoids, and relays. One of the main reengineerings is the elimination of direct drive couplings, We convert the system into a belt drive.

LES

What kinds of things would you do for a Hydramaster CDS 4.8?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Seems to be the problem of the week. Had a blower suck in a seal (I think) on one of my Butlers (a 47 Tuttil) Just got it in yesterday and it was $2300. I was talking to my dad the other day and in 45 years of family business and the number of trucks we have had, this is probably only the 3rd blower we have ever gone through. We do work the crap out of them and keep them a long time. It was just my turn to have one go bad. I am going to have it rebuilt in Minneapolis for a spare. Will probably sit on the shelf way to long though.

Oh and 2 days later, the alternator went out of the newer GMC/Butler about 30 miles in the middle of no where. So much for having 2 vans so If one is broken I can keep working.... Two truck bill was $164 and repair about $350 after hours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom