My new butler on order

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I will be picking my new baby up in a week. The bigger blower(trilobe), high heat option,filter box in the back. No hoses or wands, I will use my stuff. The biggest part for me was, they gave me 50% of the purchase price on trade in.(2005 butler) The 5 year 100000 mile warranty will be great on a gmc. Plus they had a 2008 leftover van for $2000 off of a 2009.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Welcome to the "New" group Lyman. Mine went on the truck today and should be here in a couple of days. I can't wait to get it myself. Did you get the new 2.5 inch hose reel? I'm waiting to see it to decide how I am going to rig it.

Mark Saiger

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
No standard reel. I don't run the reel live. I have a 75 foot 2 inch that comes off the reel first.(70%of my jobs are within 75 feet.) Then I have a 50 foot 2.5 to get me to 125. I carry a 25 foot 2 inch to make 100 or 150. I ran a 2.5 off of the filter box to the side door to conect hoses. Greenie hooked me up with this setup.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Lyman, congrats on your new money makin rug suckin machine! :mrgreen:

A 2005 unit seems kind of fresh to me. Why replace it? How much $$ exactly did you get for the trade in unit as discount from Butler? Did you give the manufacture the van and all? Miles on truck and hours on machine? Just wondering how all that works...

Mike Draper

How much 2.5 Hose can you fit on that reel? Will you post some pic's of the hose reel? Thanks.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
The 2005 was 46 new and they gave me 23 on trade as per there guarantee it was worth 50% if I kept my records. That is after 4 years. The new one with almost all the bells was 52. My 2005 has 40000 miles and 2250 hours. My 2005 made me in the low 300 s in gross.

The new reel from butler looks the same as the old one but is 6 inches longer to the rear and plumbed for 2.5. They have made a lot of changes from my 2005 for the better. I try to trade every 4 years and it has worked great for me. In 8 years with 2 butlers, I have only had 2 days that I couldn't work. They are 2 hours from me, so when I have a problem, I drive over and they fix it that day.

Greenie

Lyman said:
The new reel from butler looks the same as the old one but is 6 inches longer to the rear and plumbed for 2.5. They have made a lot of changes from my 2005 for the better.

If you get some time, could you list the changes, and which are more important to you? Thanks.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
The blower that goes with the high heat is a trilobe 4007. The trilobe makes more heat then a dual lobe. Thus heating the water to 250 now instead of 240. I will report on that when I get it. Also dual splash. I new plate in the filter box, I haven't seen yet. The switches on the control board are only waterproof switches and right behind the passenger seat are circiut breakers. The 2.5 reel is braced at the bottom and plumbed with 2.5 to the reel which is 2.5 hook up, thus live 2.5.. The throttle is controlled by the computer not the chain thingies. No more 100-200 rpm drop, I will report on that. Sorry you asked, there glides are better then a year ago. Looks like a slot glide, but still 1.5 inch tubes. They have a new valve on the wands that is adjustable travel for the trigger and are stainless and easily rebuildable. For 150 they put overhead lights in on a seperate switch for each. The handle on the solution reel has foam on it, the old black aluminum handle would burn your hand when it was in the sun.
They are also making one in a 2500 series truck with a 4.8 motor for 5000 less then mine.

Greenie

Thanks.

Live 2.5 and still a 1.5" wand.... Maybe I'll just send em a Greenhorn and be done with it.

Does a tri-lobe really make more heat, I have my reservations, could just be a restriction backpressure thing, let us know if you can cook an egg on the blower case.

A perforated plate in the filterbox and 2.5 reel show they are listening.

Mike Draper

Yep, they are listening to us, here on mikeysboard. Now only if they can have superior customer service like their message says whenever you call and get put on hold.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, you have to give them some credit for listening. I am impressed that they have made some changes. Way to go Butler.

TCS always tells me that they just don't have any demand for improved plumbing, larger wands and hose. To me that is short sighted. If they plumbed everything with 2.5 off the waste tank and 2.5 to the door, everybody would love it. Build it and they will come.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
They have a new guy when you call for service now. His background is in the automotive field. Seems to be like he knows a thing or two. The other guy I hated.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Congrats on the new machine. I'm envious of the short 75' run . My average is 150 +. Can't wait to see pics.

wired

Good luck on you new truck. It always feels good getting a new truck. You got a great deal on your trade in. I will have to keep up on my record keeping. I have a 2007 with high heat ,240 waste tank electric hose reel all the extras. I can fit 125 ft of two and half in hose in it plus a 25 ft two in whip works great. You really need to get a green glide wand from jeff it is a must. Use your butler wand as a spare or it is great if you are dual wanding. If you can send us some pictures.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom