My new neck..

Credits
You got some insurance?
Yes, we provide insurance for our employees. Most small companies don't or cant afford it and honestly unless some more drastic changes happen not sure how much longer we will be able to. It went up 125% after Obamacare in 4 years. It's been insane. The good thing is we use an employee leasing company, Superior doesn't have any "employees" we are all employees of Helpside (Formerly A Plus Benefits) So far my portion of the hospital's bill is 6 grand. Haven't got the doctors or the anesthesiologist yet. They charged 12 grand for the 2 plates and screws!!! I should have brought the one that had to be taken out in and made them re use it... We will hit our maximum out of pocket which is 10 or 12 grand cant remember for sure. Lots of things are being cut from the budget this next year or two but I am off pain meds and after 5 years of that stuff that makes me the most hopeful..

Credits
Hoping for a complete & full recovery John & Lora.

It's a great feeling to get off the drugs.

Last night, I was going through some boxes & found the "plate" that came out of my leg.
I think I mentioned before how I complained about the pain, then they took some x-rays & found a floating screw that had not been screwed into the bone.

Take care mate & look after yourself, no jumping from great heights for a while, okay?? :winky:

Leg Plate 1996.JPG

Supportive Member
Credits
Hoping for a complete & full recovery John & Lora.

It's a great feeling to get off the drugs.

Last night, I was going through some boxes & found the "plate" that came out of my leg.
I think I mentioned before how I complained about the pain, then they took some x-rays & found a floating screw that had not been screwed into the bone.

Take care mate & look after yourself, no jumping from great heights for a while, okay?? :winky:

View attachment 78279

So you two were literally screwed!

Credits
honestly unless some more drastic changes happen not sure how much longer we will be able to. It went up 125% after Obamacare in 4 years. It's been insane.
Our healthcare system really is in shambles and unfortnately I don’t see it getting any better anytime soon.

I am by all means an advocate of capitalism and am never a fan of government intervention but there are far too many unethical pharmaceutical companies, lawyers and doctors in this country.

As seems to be the norm in all situations the few have ruined it for the many.

Best of luck to you in your recovery.

Latest posts