my new toy showed up today

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Picked this up off amazon for $59 . Gives instant readings on both f and c temps, relative humidity, dew point , and wet bulb. I think it may also calculate grains. Much cheaper than the delmhorst ones I was looking at. I only do a little bit of water so I didn't need a fancy schmancy one. It will come in handy on some of our strip and wax jobs where humidity levels can be life and death when it comes to dry times on floor finish
th_hygrometer_zps7639ddfe.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson
as long as you always use the same meter you might be ok. My experience with cheap not for our industry meters is they are 10-15% off which isn't a big deal for the HVAC guy but for the water damage guy that's an extra day of drying and pissed off adjusters and an extra 45 days of arguing to get paid. Oops missed where you are using it for strip and waxing... :) You should be fine for that...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It maybe off but many meters are, it should be fine. Those phone adjusters than depend solely on readings are idiots for the most part anyway. They don't have a clue what is going on but because they went to an IICRC class they thing they know something. Those moisture reading will tell them what the grains of moisture are in the air.....BFD. We are drying wet materials, often trapped wet materials and you can have low grains but still wet materials.

Anyone that is using RH & Temp as their way to judge if you should have equipment on the job or not is a fool!!! :madd:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Just because the carpet feels dry, and the air is nice, does not mean the structure is dry.

We have them here that are smooth talking wankers with flair, they "persuade" the adjusters that all is well when in reality it is not.

:yoda:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom