My new years adventure edited...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Was helping my old worker out with his fireworks biz.....1 in a million shot happened...ember fell into a reload box right as the reloader was getting it out.....

all 4 of us are fine and we jumped in the snow soon enough....

not to long of vid becuase the wife (not mine) dropped her phone...but you can hear it at the 22 sec mark

http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-snc6/7 ... ad5a07ce97

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Re: My new years adventure

I saw it, they just have to log into their FB account to see it as your wife uploaded it thru FB.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

[embed]http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-snc6/78761/55/175578679149249_29492.mp4?__gda__=1294195954_f147c95c78057a06715aabad5a07ce97[/embed]

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier

what were you shooting off for a reloadable

we have had a few adventures when setting off fireworks at our year end party

set off 12 excauliber shells along with a few doubles and quite a few artillary shells all at once

Name
Lee Stockwell
I watched it a couple times and can only imagine how it must have felt up close...pretty intense, and it looks you you guys had been quite careful.

Thanks for posting this Doug, I'll sure remember it when I think I'm being "careful enough".

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
It is an actual fireworks company...did it for some rich people in sun valley idaho...

it was my 1st time, and they trained well...it was a 1 in a million happening....right as the guy opened the box to grab reloads, a ember dropped in....igniting the box....

these are 3", 4", 5" 6" shells, like you see at a fireworks show....

the show was over 1900 about 1300 of those were in "cakes" or preloads, the ones that go bang bang bang 1 right after another...

i would say this blew 4-500 individual ones in a short 3-4 minutes

oh forgot to mention...i was holding a 6" shell, when it started :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was like wtf do i do with this.....i jumped with it....then when the debris and embers started around me...i noticed the damn fuse (about 2.5' long) was hanging out...so i grabbed it and tucked it in the snow, so it didnt light...

the crowd across the way was cheering like nuts, i dont think they realized we had issues...we then got up and finished the few dozen left in the tubes, and lit the finale...it never got the fire :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
heres a "before" shot....while setting up...ill get the "aftermath" pic in the next few days

I was at the far side of the shot

2010-12-31143629.jpg

2010-12-31143618.jpg

T

The Magician

Glad to hear you are ok. Be carefull.
Reminds me of my Vietnam days. Incoming 122MM motars landing too close and losing lives

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom