My "Now Hiring" sign is on! I have a problem finding a place to put it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Facebook is a big no for me. I'm also hesitant to ask friends, due to hurting their feelings if their son doesn't get hired. I have a local college, but I'm worried I'll get someone who can't work when I need them, not around their school schedule.

So where do you hang your Now Hiring sign to get the best employees?

Ron K

Craig's List
What heading?
Gigs?
Customer Service?
I'd like to see what it takes in CA since we get a lot of transplants up here.
Member of the Atheist Club so no Godders had a part time ministers wife, great worker but had some "higher" issues.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
@Mikey P does have and excellent listing

And any consultation @Matt Wood our newest guy only made it 3 weeks and we cut him loose.

Well... He just had "showing up for work issues"

Document those problems if happens by the way and dump them fast.

Also, let them try carpet cleaning before you hire... Or actually before they say yes I really want to do this.

We are searching again but have heard rumor of our young guy who left us to follow his girlfriend (Austin) might be coming back. So with slow season we are good yet.

But... We are looking to add 2 people right now or in the near future

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m really dreading hiring someone, but I’ve got to get the ball rolling on it. I’m getting much bigger jobs more frequently, and the busy seasons are 5-6 jobs a day.

Mikey P

Administrator
CL

• santa cruz > general labor
This posting has expired from craigslist. [?]
You will have the opportunity to make changes before it is made live. [learn more]

favorite this post We want to create a Carpet/Upholstery and Tile cleaning tech (aptos) hide this posting

compensation: $15 per hour to start and wages increase as your responsibility grows.
employment type: employee's choice

NO experience is a must.

We are a high end service company and dont want bad habits learned from past employment with other cleaning companies.

We are looking to fill a full time position to clean carpet, tile/stone and upholstery five days a week.
We're looking to start training this position asap
Customer service/interaction experience needed.
Big smiles and a people pleaser are what we need
Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
Will train in all aspects of carpet, upholstery, tile and stone cleaning, identification, sealing and repair.

Excellent driving record is a must
Drug screening plus future random screening.
Criminal background check.

Benefits and vacation pay.
Clean cut is crucial
Familiar with driving a diesel cab over truck is a plus..
Office is in Aptos, most work is in Santa Cruz County. A few days a month spent in the San Jose or Monterey area.
8AM starting time, usually done by 5/6pm. Occasional late days ti'll 8PM
Being a seasonal service, hours will range from 20 to 50 a week.
MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION to get to work on time.
$15 per hour to start and wages increase as your responsibility grows.

Please email your resume

No phone calls
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 6120701597

posted: 9 months ago

updated: 8 months ago

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I’m getting much bigger jobs more frequently, and the busy seasons are 5-6 jobs a day.

Close together? Small/minimum type jobs? Fastest wander on earth? On board water?

Couldn't imagine being able to do that much in a day. You by yourself, Matt?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Close together? Small/minimum type jobs? Fastest wander on earth? On board water?

Couldn't imagine being able to do that much in a day. You by yourself, Matt?
On the really big jobs, I have a couple people that are on standby, but that isn't too reliable, because they have a full time job and or school. So most of the time, I'm by myself.

On the days where I'm doing 5-6 jobs, those are 12-14hr days. I'm not a speedy gonzales

Reactions: jcooper

steve_64

I've done ten jobs in 8 hours by myself. Lots of empty rentals and small jobs. Very fast wanding and not quality work.

4 to 5 is normal during busy season now. But they are bigger jobs and I'm doing way better work. Still have busier days too.

Use to drive to Chicago to do rentals. Hour or so there and then same coming home and do 5 to 7 houses in between.

We work 7 days a week now in the busy season so I'm getting much needed rest now. I really need a good tech. I'm trying to figure this out too.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom