My prochem upholstery tool is cursed, water spray cold while Dynachem overheats to 30

Name
Lyon
I've replaced the filter and solution line in the tool and still can't figure out why I'm getting cold water. I run the 24hp Honda at half throttle or I over heat the machine in minutes. I even put a high flow spray tip on a few years ago. I think I should sell it and buy a drimaster or sapphire tool.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
So while you use the prochem uph tool you can test hot water?

Do you get hot water while using a wand?

If you are getting hot water with the wand but not with the upholstery tool, then when you use the upholstery tool just bleed the cold water until you feel it getting hot.

Reactions: Moser Brothers

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Open up the bypass screw at the handle of the tool. You'll get as much hot water as you can stand.

The reason its cold is you have 100 ft or more to pull through and you're not flowing enough water. That's what the bypass screw is for, open it up to the desired heat and it will flow some water back to the waste tank so you have hot water. I'd close it if you set the tool down for any length of time or you'll fill your tank unnecessarily.

Name
Lee Stockwell
If doing a LOT of upholstery I have made a Tee to recirculate water back to my fresh tank. Just run a second solution hose. Based on the recirculating Kleenrite system.

When using the Sapphire tool it's NOT needed....just rock and roll.

Name
Lyon
So while you use the prochem uph tool you can test hot water?

Do you get hot water while using a wand?

If you are getting hot water with the wand but not with the upholstery tool, then when you use the upholstery tool just bleed the cold water until you feel it getting hot.

I leave the screw open all the way. I hold the trigger down long enough I'll start to get hot water, I don't have to do that with any other tools

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
There is not enough flow to deliver the heated water to your upholstery.

What psi are you running on the machine?

What size is the jet on your PC tool?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the slower the water moves the hotter it should get...the faster the water moves then the less heat you have.....

when I clean UPH I have to open the by pass on the machines because the water is not moving fast enough and it sits there longer and heats up....

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
On a Cobb unit there is not heat control.

If he does not flow enough water to the tool at a good rate, he won't achieve the heat he wants.

Cobbs is not a bypass system, but bypass systems do 2 things for heat exchangers. They can bleed off super hot water or steam back to the tank or they can let the get the cold water out of the line and let the hotter water reach the wand on demand.

I am thinking this is a flow problem if he is getting good heat with a carpet wand as the difference is the greater flow of the wand let him get hot water quicker vs the upsohletry wand that has a reduced flow.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
NO heat control? Not even a temp control ball valve?

That's odd. I'd think for some instances you'd water less heat, blood & protein spots, wool carpet. You guys have wool in Texas? :p
Small little animals, if you stack a couple together they'd be as big as a longhorn steer. :winky:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
yes there is an on/off valve for flood work and such but not anything you can do on the simple dynachem to dial in heat unless something is different than my old machine was.

on the bigger units the blower exhaust flows through the heat exchange along with the exhaust stream so at an apex(don't know the temp off hand) the blower will "cool" the heat exchanger to a maximum of some ware around 275 degrees. I BELIEVE THIS IS CORRECT, IF I AM WRONG - LARRY PLEASE CORRECT ME.

We really had no issues and i am considering purchasing another dynachem here in the future as a backup unit. in texas in the summer you have as much heat as you could possibly want but damn was the van hot if you closed here up with out letting it cool for 10 or so minutes.

you should look at how much surface area larrys heat exchangers it is very large compared to others in the industry. all stainless steel. by the way. just don't go higher than 1400 psi don't ask me how i know.

Name
Marcus
I screwed up and bought an old unit for $500 from a local cleaner, I've cleaned the jets many times, it won't always stay lit, I should toss it and buy a new one

Kero- deisel heat saved me aloof time labor and headaches
It is probably not much more than heat exchangers and safer than propane.......easy to get worked on...
It will change your business...you will be able to do any grease ball resturant or tile job.....
As soon as got kero heati tied off my trigger and went to work...you will be amazed the change in your machine...
the best heat in the industry...hands down....
I don't believe it costs more either...cause I figure you can get thru the job quicker wo. Triggering and save time on your truckmount...no more prescrubing....
Cleans the job faster.....
Cap

Last edited:
Name
Lyon
I make a note in my book anytime I see a street or subdivision I'd like to send to. Then you can just look up the routes that go there.

Myself, I'd try to stay as close to home as possible and mix in some farther away fancy places. 30 miles is far for us, even for tile.

I have a little giant heater and when it works it heats up to 250 in minutes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom