My pump pressure is all over the place

hogjowl

Idiot™
I set it at 500 psi and 20 minutes later it's at 200. I set it back to 500 and clean for another little bit and then have to dump my water. When I turn the machine back on, the pressure is suddenly at 1200 psi, or even so high that my high pressure safety valve it blowing water.

What's the deal?

Rex Tyus

Sounds like you are getting air from some where or a hose is kinked. I had that happen on my Cleanco once and I had failed to tighten the cap on my water filter screen.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when you replace the hose with the pin holes and that don't solve the problem...replace the unloader regular you can get it at windtrax

part # for our trucks is 7670..cheapest place I could find it...( if you replace it do not forget to remove the check valve inside the unloader)..

Speaking of check valves........ while you are at it for a extra $24.00 I would replace the check valve coming out of the E-2 exchanger and get it over with....If you do go with the style in the picture...the part # is C88B.........this is the best check valve out there for our machine..it holds up way better then the one that is on it now and is a lot cheaper......this one will last forever....it is made to withstand some heavy hydraulics fluids and water at 2000 psi and very high temps.....

IMG_3849.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
Man ... ya think a pinhole might be the cause? Dang ...

I wonder if my pulsation dampener could be the culprit? When I hole the solution hose it's throbing like crazy. I suppose that's not natural, so I figure I need more nitrogen in it. Right?

Jim ... your V posts are outstanding. Thanks for the info., and I hope those pictures are still available when I get ready to order the parts.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
a bad pulsation dampener is just going to make the solution hose jump around like a epileptic rabbit...it should not really effect your pressure that much.....
..I don't want you to go out and drop money on a unloader unless we are sure...but to me that is where I would be looking at if I was standing in front of it...the unloader and or the check valve...

the pulsation dampener on our trucks are not refillable (unless some one changed it to one )

windthrax part # 6028 was the cheapest I could find for the ones on our trucks..

BTW the unloader regular has to be the white spring

BTW again..a bad or weak unloader will also make your hose jump around some...mine was bad and after I replaced it everything calmed down...my E-2 was even vibrating.....and I was having presure problems..I kept losing pressure because the unloader was backing itself off and then after I reset it it would spike....

gasaxe

just a thought if your truck has the older autometer style gauge the sending unit/gauge could be going out. mine does same thing pressure doesnt actually drop but gauge show a drop. i.e. set at 500 psi later on will show 200 crank back to 500 then when gauge starts acting right shows higher. If the pressure is actually droping outside of the guage saying so then disregard this post...

Greenie

Jim, do you have a pic of where that checkvalve is plumbed in on your unit, I'm saving this stuff to help our customers.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
This is when I still had the square tank..the check valve was one of the first items I replaced because I was having problems with my water temps because my old check valve was not closing

100_3240.jpg

the one that came with the truck is about the size of the ones on wands..it is pretty small

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What's the clear liquid running into that Mason jar? Interesting adaptation.

John Watson

John, your looking to close at the photo's. Jim said this photo was when he STILL had the square tank. Now with the round one he can place the coils a little more discreatly.

It is plain to see, Jim has to have a STILL way to support all the changes he did to his great looking machine and remember he takes all those great STILL photo's.

Jim is STILL one of my favorite posters!!

Hope you STILL aren't wondering what collects in the clear jars..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
John La Rue said:
What's the clear liquid running into that Mason jar? Interesting adaptation.

..If you are talking about the small container without a lid in the bottom left corner of the picture ..that is just a empty jar that is sitting under the blow by tube for the therm oil..in case it leaks or lets lose I don't want it all over the truck...the clear tube going across the picture is from the old chemical jug and is going down to the pump...one has nothing to do with the other...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I found this picture...this is what the original check valve use to look like.....coming straight out of the E-2

100_3480.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom