My reviews of the spraymaster injection sprayer, JUNK?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Yes I won it on the MB aucction.. So I am sorry if i make anyone mad

I received the sprayer..

i hooked it up. And water started spraying everywhere.. The QD piece was cracked. So I called! They were very friendly. And sent a part out asap! Great customer service. She said it must have cracked when tightened with the vise.. So i got the part put on. used it for ten minutes and then the other side cracked. I bought and replaced the part myself.. It leaked everywhere. Then all of a sudden there is no pressure. So i went to clean the 2 filters. one was broken in half inside the brass fitting... and the other one has a crooked screen.
So no i did not call them about this. I am sure they would fix it.. I will just buy a new HF. And toss this thing in the garage. Its pretty sad that a brand new piece of equipment comes broken in so many places out of the box. I dont want to keep putting parts on it just to make it work right. It should have came that way. I will continue to support MB. But I hear this is a rare problem these sprayers are great. I really wanted it to be.waste of money sorry guys

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
dont pitch it..send it to me..I will pay shipping cost and fix it my self........

Becker

Name
Becker
I've had good luck with the standard HF.. they last about 2 years..

Price is right.. They seem to go on sale once per year.

I like the new jugs.. wider opening for refilling.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I don't know how you guys can use these things. I bought one here also but after using it twice, out of the truck and into the garage it went. Electric sprayers are way more convenient.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Re: My reviews of the spraymaster injection sprayer GREAT

All of ours work flawlessly, including the one we just received in the MB auction.

Not sure how Joey had so many problems, in 40 years never had a QC crack, even with abuse.

I will gladly pay whatever Joey has invested if he wants to sell it.

Thanks,
Lee

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
they said it cracked when they tightened it up.. so i will call and just order a new one i have decided. that way i actually pay them for it. ill try again

S

sam miller

Ya I burned through several HF before getting as spraymaster that lasted years! got a new hf and the draw hose lasted a month no biggie, then the water line to the gun popped fixxed that to, but after a few months those things should last longer!

Name
Nate W.
Who tightens stuff with a vise??? Box wrenches, crestent wrench,channel locks, but never a vise... Something sounds off...

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Just a little hint of brass fittings. I see a lot of folks cranking down on them and that's fine but a bit overkill. Get a set of stubby wrenches and you're less likely to crank the shit out of these types of fittings. Also, I see folks wrapping the shit out of the threads with teflon tape. After two layers you'll find it's a lot easier to over crank on brass. Try 2 layers and stop cranking when your wrist clicks.

We are concerned that this QC failed. We will send a new water line and in return please put the faulty water line in the box that the new one came in.
Over tightening can be the problem and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Thanks,
Sal

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Sal Muscarella said:
We are concerned that this QC failed. We will send a new water line and in return please put the faulty water line in the box that the new one came in.and send it back maybe???
Over tightening can be the problem and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Thanks,
Sal

ok ok so i am a pita today :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
always a lemon out there somewhere in the mix
been using spraymaster for 5-6yrs at least, if not a few more. Had to change the injector valve a couple times but perfect operation the past 3 since I started using the CanAm. I think the old water system had too much "stuff" in it. Love the jugs.
I can't understand how they use a battery sprayer for prespraying. Be filling the think continually!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thank u for resolving the issue. They called me and are sending me new parts

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
3 gallons in an electric sprayer will last through 2 or 3 jobs. Ya, that's inconvenient. Helper sprays rooms while you are cleaning. It's the only way to go.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron Werner said:
I can't understand how they use a battery sprayer for prespraying.

you must work alone
cause I'd be putting a great big foot in someone's azz if they stopped the wand to pre-spray

not to mention using a $15 to $25K machine that's using 1 to 3 gal pr hour of fuel to do the job of a 3 gal electric sprayer.
If it takes you 5 minutes to spray an average res job x 4 a day x 250 days you just put an additional 50 hours on your TM

having said that, a HF can be useful for the solo operator .
(if he doesn't care about precise dilution rates)

But I can't see that it makes any $en$e for a single wand two man crew

..L.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The five minutes spent with a Spraymaster is well worth the time spent. You can put down more prespray, more consistantly, and HOTTER than any pumpup sprayer, and do it MUCH quicker.

Over time man-hours saved are much more than gasoline.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
KevinL said:
3 gallons in an electric sprayer will last through 2 or 3 jobs. Ya, that's inconvenient. Helper sprays rooms while you are cleaning. It's the only way to go.

uhhhhh are ya even putting any spray down??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

3 gallons....2 or 3 jobs :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Lee Stockwell said:
The five minutes spent with a Spraymaster is well worth the time spent. You can put down more prespray, more consistantly, and HOTTER than any pumpup sprayer, and do it MUCH quicker.

Maybe over a pump-up
but not much, if any quicker than our electric, Lee
It puts out 1 gal in a 70 seconds .
Not much if any more than a HF (I can't remember what our HF puts out)

and with two man crew, a HF would cause me to LOSE money with very few exceptions
(like a small empty that can be completely hosed down as crew2man sets everything else up)

As you know, none of us makes a dime til the wand moves across the carpet.
every second the wand isn't moving, we're losing money.
Everything should be set up and coordinated to facilitate the smooth and orderly flow of such.

stopping the wand is anathema to me unless there's a good reason...pre-spaying ain't one of 'em when quality electric sprayers designed to do the job are available

The other thing I just thought of, it could be less efficient for a solo crewman too in some cases.
If the job is such that he can't hose down the whole place at one time, it means when he needs to spray another part of the job, he has to walk out to the truck, turn down the heat, then clean/bleed off hot water or an In-line won't feed ..cause as you know, they don't draw above certain temps

..L.T.A.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
Just a little hint of brass fittings. I see a lot of folks cranking down on them and that's fine but a bit overkill. Get a set of stubby wrenches and you're less likely to crank the shit out of these types of fittings. Also, I see folks wrapping the shit out of the threads with teflon tape. After two layers you'll find it's a lot easier to over crank on brass. Try 2 layers and stop cranking when your wrist clicks.

Scott is right on here. These brass fittings are soft and there is no reason to tighten them down till they smoke.

Be sure to have your torque wrist callibrated every year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom