My rotary died.

Rex Tyus

It is an old ass SSS 17". we were spinning along and all of a sudden it made a grinding/ clunking sound. The motor is still working. It just isn't spinning.

Is it worth tearing into ya think or should I just break down and get another, and salvage the motor?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
It depends on your budget. We have found with clark machines its cheap and easy to take apart and the local electric motor shop has been able to get any part we need.

If the motor is good I would say keep it

Jay D

Name
Jay D
My dual speed did the same thing Rex. Took it in and they wanted $800 to fix it, I said Ya right. Powrflite has there dual speed on sale for $720 I believe, single speed 600. Or watch craigslist if they have it where you are.

Rex Tyus

The SOB is really heavy with undersized wheels anyway. I have wanted a new one but just haven't been able to make myself turn loose the money. Now I gotta make a decision.

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Rex,

A SSS is a Pacific floor machine from Michigan. What you're describing is a broken drive connector between the motor shaft and the transmission shaft. That is a pretty universal part. Try calling Pacific and see if they can help.

John

Rex Tyus

Thanks for the input everyone. John I always wonderd who made SSS. Thanks for the info. I will check out a replacement part vs buying a new one. I am trying to be more frugal. 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom