my rotovac 360i video.

Todd Anthony

My amateur 360i video. This is the first time I've tried to edit video, what a PITA. I cleaned this house on saturday, the guy in the background was drinking if you can't tell. It was a rental with a fast turn over, one guy out the other in the same night.

He wasn't the one filming.

w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FN9r7s-ILIw]

Bob Hauser

you need to slow down way down you are not in a race. waaaaaaaaaaaay to mutch prespray , apply the prespray like you are painting a bmw nice and even.. dog and pony show, put on the glasses and see what the cusy is seeing good for you for doing the video good job
bob h

First prespray the carpet then bring the vac hose in.

Don't look like you are in such a rush. I know it is a rental, but when you are filming slow down.

Act like you care. Don't kick the hose around.

Hey your videos are better than mine. I don't have any.

The good news is my buddy just graduated from college and now owns his own production company specializing in HD video editing. I will keep you guys posted. Hopefully I will get some kick azz videos.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
read the rotovac directions............ you are making way to long passes.. and you are not overlapping with half of the machine...

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
i was in atlanta a couple of weeks ago for an infomercial seminar so to speak
i was over lookin at the 360i and a local cc comes over and says to me
you got to get one of those
i said why
and he showed me pixs of jobs he has done with one.
says he get 60 to 75 a room when he pulls that out
i ask what are your regular prices 79 for a whole house
so i got my new i phone creation out and i said look at my pixs
Guys some one is goin to have to prove to me this is a better way
before i chunk down 2 grand for one
10 flow and 200 degere plus water gets her done for this ccer

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
We can clean well with whatever.... But I will say my 360i makes it easier and fluffs up the carpet better.. I used it at a restaurant last night and i wasnt impressed

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
not bad, but why wand it after, if its a quick turn???

and you give new meaning to the term "hydrosoaker" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
joeynbgky said:
We can clean well with whatever.... But I will say my 360i makes it easier and fluffs up the carpet better.. I used it at a restaurant last night and i wasnt impressed

Yes it suck on commercial carpet.

Todd Anthony

Thanks for the comments. Yeah I did soak it down it was pretty trashed but didn't show up well in the video and I was in a hurry. At the time I wasn't to concerned with the video. I was running late and I had plans that night to watch the strikeforce fights on showtime.

I mix my prespray weaker because I always use too much prespray and I also rinse too much resulting in more time on the jobs. I am working on that...

Most of the places I do are trashed and don't pay well.

On residential I alway use the air path so my dry times are like 2-3 hours max. Mostly dry when I am done.

I used a Fresh soft water rinse. Extreme Clean was the prespray. 8-10 oz in the HF

This was one of those jobs where I had to wait around longer then I wanted to in order to get started.

After all, it turned out pretty good and the guy even gave me a tip:)

Brett

The Asian Sensation said:
So the 360 cant clean up close to the tile edges??
He could of got closer. It's about 3/4" from the outside shroud to the beginning of the L vac port opening.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Todd,
Don't let these yahoos hammer on you like you did something wrong. You cleaned a trashed carpet and made it look great. It doesn't matter how you got from point A to point Z; all that matters is that your client was happy and the check cleared.

You didn't use too much prespray. Each carpet dictates how much prespray will be required.

Just because you didn't get 3/4" from the tile and walls doesn't matter, it had to be wanded anyway. As did the corners.

You did nothing wrong, you did a great job. After all, the guy gave you a TIP!! That alone says volumes about how you know how to make your customers happy.

Keep up the good work and NEVER make excuses for doing a good job.

James

TimP

Todd Anthony said:
Thanks for the comments. Yeah I did soak it down it was pretty trashed but didn't show up well in the video and I was in a hurry. At the time I wasn't to concerned with the video. I was running late and I had plans that night to watch the strikeforce fights on showtime.

I mix my prespray weaker because I always use too much prespray and I also rinse too much resulting in more time on the jobs. I am working on that...

Most of the places I do are trashed and don't pay well.

On residential I alway use the air path so my dry times are like 2-3 hours max. Mostly dry when I am done.

I used a Fresh soft water rinse. Extreme Clean was the prespray. 8-10 oz in the HF

This was one of those jobs where I had to wait around longer then I wanted to in order to get started.

After all, it turned out pretty good and the guy even gave me a tip:)

I think everyone who responded about too much prespray needs to shut their trap. You can soak the face fiber with little to no transfer to the padding. I fully endorse your method of cleaning trashed carpet and in fact practice the method myself, and I'm on Waldo's top 25 list so my opinion should carry some weight. And to the person who commented that you should spray it like you're putting on a thin coat of paint, you've gotta be kidding. Prespraying carpet is nothing like painting a car. :roll:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i agree about the painting thing...and about socking it to "areas" that are nasty...

but on flips who cares i guess.....unless its a 1 day flip, then you got a problem

Todd Anthony

Thanks for the comments guys. If I am in a nice home I take more time and do a better job. In these grease pit I am not as concerned with residue or PH as I am in a nicer home with people who care about keeping it clean. I don't act as rushed as I did in that Video either.

I did prevac the job but it clogged up my bissell with all of the dog hair. I didn't want to use my $400 commercial upright. It was pretty disgusting, so I nuked it...

Each job has a different set of circumstances depending on the situation as you all know.

Name
jack zerkie
When I started in 81 my first class was with Bob Whitcamp, Bob loved pre-spray if you want to be a great cleaner use pre-spray it does what its made for and then the extraction step makes the job look clean and finished.I do use a lot of pre-spray, but maybe thats why I, m still busy. Thank you BOB!

TimP

JACK ZERKIE said:
When I started in 81 my first class was with Bob Whitcamp, Bob loved pre-spray if you want to be a great cleaner use pre-spray it does what its made for and then the extraction step makes the job look clean and finished.I do use a lot of pre-spray, but maybe thats why I, m still busy. Thank you BOB!

I agree 100%. Remember taCt

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
not to much pre-spray..............

When using, do not over-spray, as gravity will take the stains down very quickly, Instead, mist and rinse

TimP

joeynbgky said:
not to much pre-spray..............

When using, do not over-spray, as gravity will take the stains down very quickly, Instead, mist and rinse

I have to disagree. Gravity can't pull moisture down as much as you think. Misting is just barely enough to get the tips of the fiber wet it wont travel to the base of the yarn. You aren't putting down enough juice if the base of the fiber isn't damp. You have to get the detergent throughout the yarn to do your job correctly. If you're getting moisture to the back of the backing you've gone too far. When doing rugs I always check the backing and it's always dry unless I went real crazy rinsing. But it's not because of prespray. I think it's one of the biggest misconceptions in our industry.

Back
Top Bottom