my Scruz manager..

Mikey P

Administrator
with my techs at home on unemployment,
and considering that northern California bought into the bullshit more than most areas, I'm quite proud of what
Sarti Padgett has been doing running solo, with just a years worth of experience...

Untitled.png

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
he has that true OO mindset of walking into each job and looking for every opportunity to add value to the home owner and to our bottom line with out being a huckster asshole
It's something I have difficulty with having started as a huckster, although inadvertently. I need to sell more.

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
with my techs at home on unemployment,
and considering that northern California bought into the bullshit more than most areas, I'm quite proud of what
Sarti Padgett has been doing running solo, with just a years worth of experience...

View attachment 100052

I enjoyed having him in class in Nashville. He’s got that rare combination of intelligence, personality, and determination that’s hard to find in an employee.

Do you have a strong non-compete clause in your employment agreement?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
It's California..

Understood.

Keep him happy, and find ways of letting him know how stressful and thankless the task of business ownership can be without letting on why.

He might like reading these emails a customer of mine received last night:

Hi,
We had our upstairs carpets and both stair cases cleaned about a week ago. We waited the 24 hours and then replaced the few small furniture items that we had moved. I would also like to mention that we had two queen sized nest chairs in our bedroom that are absolutely crawling with bugs now. Those were quite expensive.
I have spent the last THREE hours trying to kill about a million tiny black beetles that have began emerging from the master bedroom carpet.
To be very clear, we had NO ISSUE with carpet beetles prior to your services. I’d like someone to rectify this situation immediately. This is absolutely sickening. I paid nearly $300 to spend hours with my children scared to pieces while my husband is working. Every time I make any kind of progress, there are 20 more. They’re landing on me while I’m trying to pick them out of the carpet and if it weren’t nearly 2am now, I’d pack my kids up and stay in a hotel. I’m trying my hardest to kill every bug I can see and now I have to worry about mattress infestations, clothing, etc? That is shameful. I expect a phone call ASAP.

(Received at 1:40 AM)

Hi there,
I just wanted to let you know that my entire family is still awake and trying to help contain this horrid infestation as best we can.
Since my husband came home from working his 14 hour shift, I had a moment to read about about carpet beetles. We have a garbage bag full of them for you to collect - as well as pictures and video.
I have an immunocompromised child. She is prone to respiratory issues and had pneumonia a few months ago.
Now, you may be asking yourself, “How can you determine that this was our fault?”
Easily. We have other carpeted areas in our home that were not cleaned by your company and are not infested with bugs. Also, the master bedroom closet is carpeted and was not cleaned and again, doesn’t have a beetle infestation. The only window that had to be opened was a window in the master bedroom.
We’ve had to move furniture (myself and two of my children) to try and spray areas that were heavily infested. The Nest chairs that I mentioned previously, were brought by Santa Claus and he paid $429.99 each. Those now need deep cleaned and sterilized as well since they are teeming with bugs. I tried to heavily spray a perimeter around our bed because the king sized mattress is also brand new. The bedding (which includes 2 Solaran blankets ($72.99 each) will also need sterilized. The pillows will need replaced.
This situation needs rectified immediately. Now, I left my number in a previous email. You’re welcome to call me. If you’d like to speak with a more calm adult who is just as furious and disgusted as I, you may contact my husband, Luke. His number is (Number removed by FredC).
For reference, our address is (Address removed by FredC). We understand that this matter could escalate to a law suit but we are hopeful that your company will do the right thing and fix your mistakes at your own cost.
Your website states “satisfaction guaranteed.”
WE ARE NOT SATISFIED.
Just as added information, we have always had regular pest control visits as a precautionary measure. None of us like bugs. None of us like bugs that could harm our chronically ill child. It’s after 3 am. My husband is sleeping in the basement with two of my children and I am sleeping in bed with my youngest child. This is the absolute last thing that we needed in our lives. I have faith that your company will work diligently to rectify the situation at hand. As it started, it was the fear of the bugs that I found upsetting for my girls and myself. Upon further reading, knowing that my oldest daughter does not have the immune system to handle even exposure to minor things (such as a common cold which caused her to miss eight days of school and of course right middle lobe pneumonia which caused nearly 15 days off), this is of the highest concern.
Please call myself or my husband (at 3am, after being on the verge of physical sickness myself, after seeing all of the bugs, watching the horror of my girls, and trying to find a safe place for everyone to sleep) you may have better luck contacting Luke.
We are eagerly awaiting your game plan and how it will be executed immediately, as in now. Tomorrow or I suppose you could say later on today. We’re concerned for the health of our child but we do also have a great deal of clothing, sentimental items, and things that we do not want or have to replace. I’m sure you don’t want that either.

I hope you’ve had a restful sleep,

(received at 3:08 AM)

If this doesn't keep him from wanting to open his own business, nothing will.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Understood.

Keep him happy, and find ways of letting him know how stressful and thankless the task of business ownership can be without letting on why.

Hi,
We had our upstairs carpets and both stair cases cleaned about a week ago. We waited the 24 hours and then replaced the few small furniture items that we had moved. I would also like to mention that we had two queen sized nest chairs in our bedroom that are absolutely crawling with bugs now. Those were quite expensive.
I have spent the last THREE hours trying to kill about a million tiny black beetles that have began emerging from the master bedroom carpet.
To be very clear, we had NO ISSUE with carpet beetles prior to your services. I’d like someone to rectify this situation immediately. This is absolutely sickening. I paid nearly $300 to spend hours with my children scared to pieces while my husband is working. Every time I make any kind of progress, there are 20 more. They’re landing on me while I’m trying to pick them out of the carpet and if it weren’t nearly 2am now, I’d pack my kids up and stay in a hotel. I’m trying my hardest to kill every bug I can see and now I have to worry about mattress infestations, clothing, etc? That is shameful. I expect a phone call ASAP.

Hi there,
I just wanted to let you know that my entire family is still awake and trying to help contain this horrid infestation as best we can.
Since my husband came home from working his 14 hour shift, I had a moment to read about about carpet beetles. We have a garbage bag full of them for you to collect - as well as pictures and video.
I have an immunocompromised child. She is prone to respiratory issues and had pneumonia a few months ago.
Now, you may be asking yourself, “How can you determine that this was our fault?”
Easily. We have other carpeted areas in our home that were not cleaned by your company and are not infested with bugs. Also, the master bedroom closet is carpeted and was not cleaned and again, doesn’t have a beetle infestation. The only window that had to be opened was a window in the master bedroom.
We’ve had to move furniture (myself and two of my children) to try and spray areas that were heavily infested. The Nest chairs that I mentioned previously, were brought by Santa Claus and he paid $429.99 each. Those now need deep cleaned and sterilized as well since they are teeming with bugs. I tried to heavily spray a perimeter around our bed because the king sized mattress is also brand new. The bedding (which includes 2 Solaran blankets ($72.99 each) will also need sterilized. The pillows will need replaced.
This situation needs rectified immediately. Now, I left my number in a previous email. You’re welcome to call me. If you’d like to speak with a more calm adult who is just as furious and disgusted as I, you may contact my husband, Luke. His number is 814-280-2215.
For reference, our address is 262 Camp run road, Harmony. We understand that this matter could escalate to a law suit but we are hopeful that your company will do the right thing and fix your mistakes at your own cost.
WE ARE NOT SATISFIED.
Just as added information, we have always had regular pest control visits as a precautionary measure. None of us like bugs. None of us like bugs that could harm our chronically ill child. It’s after 3 am. My husband is sleeping in the basement with two of my children and I am sleeping in bed with my youngest child. This is the absolute last thing that we needed in our lives. I have faith that your company will work diligently to rectify the situation at hand. As it started, it was the fear of the bugs that I found upsetting for my girls and myself. Upon further reading, knowing that my oldest daughter does not have the immune system to handle even exposure to minor things (such as a common cold which caused her to miss eight days of school and of course right middle lobe pneumonia which caused nearly 15 days off), this is of the highest concern.
Please call myself or my husband (at 3am, after being on the verge of physical sickness myself, after seeing all of the bugs, watching the horror of my girls, and trying to find a safe place for everyone to sleep) you may have better luck contacting Luke.
We are eagerly awaiting your game plan and how it will be executed immediately, as in now. Tomorrow or I suppose you could say later on today. We’re concerned for the health of our child but we do also have a great deal of clothing, sentimental items, and things that we do not want or have to replace. I’m sure you don’t want that either.

Guy must have been using Beetlejuice as a rinse.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Good deal Mike. You can’t cover every base and you can’t keep em if they decide to bail, or bale🤷🏻‍♂️ Enjoy the ride while it lasts, but don’t expect it to
forever🤷🏻‍♂️

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Understood.

Hi,

Hi there,
This situation needs rectified immediately. Now, I left my number in a previous email. You’re welcome to call me. If you’d like to speak with a more calm adult who is just as furious and disgusted as I, you may contact my husband, Luke. His number is 814-280-2215.
For reference, our address is 262 Camp run road, Harmony. We understand that this matter could escalate to a law suit but we are hopeful that your company will do the right thing and fix your mistakes at your own cost.
WE ARE NOT SATISFIED.

Jim, As you know, I'm a master of caring and a customer relations expert. I suggest you write her back and tell her to write the North Pole alerting Santa Claus to the fact that he brought in the infestation when he delivered the chairs. I would also warn her about the risk of cross contamination when a deliveryman such as Santa is constantly sliding up and down dirty chimneys.

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The guy who is "blessed" with this customer has been in the business for 42 years. He thought he had seen and heard everything till this one.

And that's in Pennsylvania, not California.

But I agree, I do think Santa is the culprit.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Understood.

Hi,

Hi there,
WE ARE NOT SATISFIED.

Jim,

Any sense about what actually caused this infestation?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Jim,

Any sense about what actually caused this infestation?

They likely brought them in with something they purchased or took in from outside, or they infiltrated the house coincidentally. I seem to remember Ken telling me that you guys had an issue with earwigs many years back that wasn't your fault either.

This is just another "the cleaner was the last person here, and so its his fault" routines. This happened two weeks after the cleaning, to give some more data.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Compared with other insects, bedbugs are slow to reproduce: Each adult female produces about one egg per day; a common housefly lays 500 eggs over three to four days. Each bedbug egg takes 10 days to hatch and another five to six weeks for the offspring to develop into an adult.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Compared with other insects, bedbugs are slow to reproduce: Each adult female produces about one egg per day; a common housefly lays 500 eggs over three to four days. Each bedbug egg takes 10 days to hatch and another five to six weeks for the offspring to develop into an adult.

Good stuff.

But these are carpet beetles, not bed bugs.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
They likely brought them in with something they purchased or took in from outside, or they infiltrated the house coincidentally. I seem to remember Ken telling me that you guys had an issue with earwigs many years back that wasn't your fault either.

This is just another "the cleaner was the last person here, and so its his fault" routines. This happened two weeks after the cleaning, to give some more data.
I don't remember the earwig incident but then again over the years I tend to repress a lot of we have been blamed for causing. I do seem to remember a carpet beetle situation but can't remember the outcome.

Reactions: steve_64

FredC

Village Idiot
Good stuff.

But these are carpet beetles, not bed bugs.

Still, the life cycle of a carpet beetle would seem to preclude the cleaner being the cause of the infestation. If he cleaned it a week ago he would have to bring a bunch of essentially full grown beetles which, while possible, seems unlikely.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton
Back
Top Bottom