My you tube video

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Hi Mike,

Good video overall, something I've noticed that could help you. This is not a bashing at any way, just trying to help.

Intro - The area where the camera man is filming seems very dark, maybe if he stood on the other side(balcony) there would be more light, people w/ glasses could have a hard time viewing the video. You can grab a 5-6 feet tripod from Walmart for $20 bucks and a contractors 500-1000 watts dual light for another $20 bucks, this way the camera is not shaky and you have great lighting in the room you're filming.

When the tech rings the doorbell, shirt is not tucked in, than he steps back(perfect) and looks like he's had a bad day(kinda looks pissed). 0:29 seconds of video. It's polite to say "Hi, I'm joe from Ace carpet cleaning(smile), than ask "May i come in" and wait for response, women remember every detail.

Some people might take offense to the rug doctor comment, "let's see you do that w/ a rug doctor", we know they suck, but homeowners might own one or a bissell steam cleaner, might throw them off.

Narrator does a great job overall mentioning steps.

Consider shortening the video a bit, some clients might not have the time to watch 4-5 minutes of carpet cleaning video. You might be able to decrease it to 1-2 minutes, and still be a great video.

Many times when dealing with women, you have to look at details, since they see and pick out things we'd never think about. I've had women tell me they didn't go w/ the last guy because he had nose hair sticking out, breath stinked...he could've been the greatest cleaner or had the baddest equipment, but never had a chance to prove himself. Your tech in the video has a good clean cut appearance, just tweak it.

Hope that helps.

Mikey P

Administrator
Good comments above.

Most women don't like to shake hands.

A slightly older tech with some hair would come across better.

Those back back vacs are great for hard floor but don't pull dirt out of carpet, just OFF of carpet.

I really cant imagine that video would help more than some of your more famous clients giving your company live testimonials.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Nice heres what i would change...........

Take the van out.......... IT looks old and the sign on it sucks...

The tech looks like he was about to fall off the porch, then he didnt even put his booties on all the way, looks like hes high

Backpack- get rid of that vacuum

Iron is gine but for you video you should use a real iron made for carpet cleaners... whats is called i forgot. or dont show iron at all.. customers will see that and say i can do that with my iron.

carpet was not pre-spayed evenly

I like the stair cleaning and the speed drying.

ONE big problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you just put carpet protector on Berber carpet!!!

Protector will not benefit berber carpet.....

Mikey P

Administrator
98% of the home owners who watch it as it is won't notice all the shit us cleaners do.

But they'll be bored stiff.

How about some fast moving video of your guys cleaning interjected with live spoken testimonials abut your great crew and service.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Youtube video

q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA21RLjDBL8q]

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I liked it, looks great!

The only thing I found fault with was the voice over guy said "we saturate the carpet". I know what you mean but customers may not, I'd change the word to something more palatable.

harryhides

Name
Tony
My reaction :

1/ Too Long - cut in half.
2/ Poor lighting, bounce the light from a 1000watt Halogen off the ceiling.
3/ One hand shake is plenty enough.
4/ Booties are off for most of the show.
5/ Use a Turbo vac - back pack does not impress unless you have a shot of a lot of dirt in the bag.
6/ Front of your agitator is filthy.
7/ Voice over is fine
8/ Would suggest a "magic square" of cleaned carpet surrounded by filthy uncleaned carpet, in a traffic lane to illustrate the benefits of your service.
9/ Use a tripod.
10/ Set up some corner guards and sliders under heavy furniture and anything else like wearing cotton gloves while carefully moving furniture - being really considerate and careful = big points with most normal women even in Kasas.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Good job on the video! Better job on the help. I thought the van needed to be cleaner. The tech did not look like he had any interest in the outcome

FirstMy you tube video

If you are up to constructive criticism, great.

First the video is way too long. It should be no more than 60 seconds. Use powerful images and photography to get your message accross without talking so much.

The customer really doesn't need to know every step in your process.

I would hire a professional to put a video together.

Think of something you do that is either diifferent or of value to the customer. If it is price then focus on that. There are lots of good videos already. Watch some of those to get some ideas. Brian Robison's video is pretty good, gets way more info accross, and does it in a shorter time.

Don't feel bad. The important thing is you are on the right track. Every marketing piece I have created that is successful came with weeks or even months of changes and redoing to get it the way I want it. No one can create a perfect ad in one try. Same applies with business cards, brochures, van wraps etc.

FirstMy you tube video

If you are up to constructive criticism, great.

First the video is way too long. It should be no more than 60 seconds. Use powerful images and photography to get your message accross without talking so much.

The customer really doesn't need to know every step in your process.

I would hire a professional to put a video together.

Think of something you do that is either diifferent or of value to the customer. If it is price then focus on that. There are lots of good videos already. Watch some of those to get some ideas. Brian Robison's video is pretty good, gets way more info accross, and does it in a shorter time.

Don't feel bad. The important thing is you are on the right track. Every marketing piece I have created that is successful came with weeks or even months of changes and redoing to get it the way I want it. No one can create a perfect ad in one try. Same applies with business cards, brochures, van wraps etc.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The video is intended to be a demonstration of our cleaning process. I will not clutter it with testimonials. Testimonials don’t mean crap unless they are from someone the potential customer knows personally. It is not indented to impress BD CC, so it dosent matter that back pack vacuums don’t work well on residential. It would not impress the customer to see me using my everyday $99.00 vac. It doesn’t matter that I was in fact prespraying Berber in the scotchgard scene.

I agree it is too long and the awkward moments need cut down to be just long enough for the voice over. Agree that I need photos of the big truck. This is being filmed by my friend to help him out while he is out of work for a couple of weeks. Time and skill level are limited.

The Tech is ME, You Kocksuckers! :x

I look a little pissed because it was the 10th take at the door my friend didn’t have the camera on half the time. I Personally Challenge anyone who criticized my appearance to show me a you-tube video explaining their cleaning process with their BIG UGLY HEAD :lol: :lol: :lol: in it.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, Its ok.. Im sorry. lol But if you would stop smoking the wacky tobacco you wouldnt look high.. But my sister did say your doable. whatever that means.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
where is your you-tube video? or web site or photo? Is all I see is a servicemagic listing on the net. Maybe I'll request a Quote.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
my website is bad......... so i was just critising you cause i know mines worse, give me a break. lol so your googling me to find dirt on me lol i see

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Those who live in brick houses………………
Maybe you should focus on you maid service, fag.........

Stop ******* with my post Mikey. Your board atracts nothing but brike dick losers I am signing off and out. Way to go, moving up to a two truck operation after 20 year asshole.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
MrSteam said:
Hey i'm looking for an agitator like yours, WTF is it?

Thanks

It is a 15” GLS Whitaker made for encap, but much better for pre-scrub.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
anyways since you me looked me up on google.. haha dont know what you saw.. hey my house is brick and 6 months old what ya got? a double or single wide? oh well im done you got a little to upset . over it

joeynbgky said:
anyways since you me looked me up on google.. haha dont know what you saw.. hey my house is brick and 6 months old what ya got? a double or single wide? oh well im done you got a little to upset . over it

Joey are you drunk?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
ACE said:
Those who live in brick houses………………
Maybe you should focus on you maid service, fag.........

Stop ******* with my post Mikey. Your board atracts nothing but brike dick losers I am signing off and out. Way to go, moving up to a two truck operation after 20 year asshole.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I thought the video was good. It is long but if someone really wants to know they will watch what you do. There were alot of good points made by people trying to help.

You should really read them with an open mind and take what you want from it and make yourself happy with what you do. If you are happy with the way YOUR video is then that is all that matters. I get hammered all the time about my website, business model, looks and anything at all and I don't care. People attacked everything I put out there and some were just idiot and some were idiots with good points and some were constructive. It made me make some good changes.

I would definitely lose the picture of the van, it is podunk for sure

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Crowley is smart
an asshole, but a smart one

Mike, first off, grow a thicker skin and stop being so butt hurt over comments on a discussion board...
It's not like some of the comments wouldn't HELP you produce a better vid.

you can shave time off the vid in a few spots.
example, there's not much value in seeing a guy connect an in-line sprayer or adjust the belt on a back pack vac

I won't go into some of the poor cleaning techniques I noticed, cause 99.78% of the consumers wouldn't know good from bad technique anyway

..L.T.A.

Scott Rogers

Over all a very good video, A few tweaks and you will be good to go

1 thing not mentioned above I would change, Do lean your tools on the customers walls. You show the Vac head leaning on the wall.

Spots2Stop

Great work on the video Mike. Pay no attention to the smug remarks. Making videos can be fun and frustrating at the same time. Having to do multiple re-takes can get you in a neggative mood fast. You will notice out of the 50 video's I have made so far they all have flaws and yet they still make the phone ring.

Joe Hill

MrSteam

ACE said:
MrSteam said:
Hey i'm looking for an agitator like yours, WTF is it?

Thanks

It is a 15” GLS Whitaker made for encap, but much better for pre-scrub.

Awesome thanks. You got a good thing coming along with the video, as you said its a draft. Good start.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Good vid.
If a potential customer is interested they will watch and be impressed with the process. The finished vid will be good to see once all the tweaks are made.
Maybe make a short version to get their attention and this longer one for the more interested.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom