Mystery Spots

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I do the carpets in 3 -20 story buildings. A great company, pays well and on time and they didn't complain about this , but it bugs me. In every one of them, the halls ( nylon cut pile commercial) have edges with what looks like filter soiling, but it comes out 3 inches. It will not move. I've tried every thing I can think of. Citrus solve, high alkaline, shampoos, encaps, acids, ultrapac renonovate, screaming hot rinses, hand scrubbing,high pressure, low pressure, and the list could go on. It just will not move.

Here's a pic of what it looks like, my camera didn't catch it well enough. Sloppy painter got the hinge.

SFL003.jpg

Rex Tyus

Re: Ok- I need ideas

Could be from the pest control application. I can't think of anything new if you have treated it as it were filtration line. Pest control applications can be irreversable.

Jay D

Name
Jay D

Did you try fels naptha? Great for filtration soiling if that is what it is.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Jay DeLaughter said:
Did you try fels naptha? Great for filtration soiling if that is what it is.
I don't think it's filtration as my regular product blows that away under the doors to the stairwells and most every where else I use it for that. The halls have air exchange. I dunno, but it just pi$$es me off that I can't get it to move. I don't know where to get Fels.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L

Could be the untouched carpet that isn't walked on?

Walking in the traffic areas has exposed a lighter color due to wear.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

just a guess, but traffic wear maybe?
the edges get no traffic, so they reflect light differently.

edit..DAMNYOU JIMMY
you BEAT ME by 3 minutes
I didn't see your post
but we're right

..L.T.A.

Name
Shawn Forsythe

Here's where you get the Fels.

http://www.soapsgonebuy.com/

You didn't mention an oxidizer. Filtration pollution soiling often responds to oxidation of the minute particle hydrocarbon soiling of filtration lines. Try something like Energizer(Sodium Percarbonate), added to your citrus boosted prespray. Agitate, and rinse with a hot water alkaline rinse.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker

Looks like wear to me also. Does the carpet seem slightly thinner in the light areas then in the dark?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

mix a bottle of prochem filtration soil remover in your prespray and go it with the 175 up to the edge. If it is soil it is done. If that doesn't take care of it, it's a keeper

hogjowl

Idiot™

Pest Control applications haven't caused a problem in over 20 years. Once Duresban and Vapronite were discontinued.

Only stupid carpet cleaners continue that myth.

Rex Tyus

Pest Control applications haven't caused a problem in over 20 years. Once Duresban and Vapronite were discontinued.

Only stupid carpet cleaners continue that myth.

Your information is not completely accurate.

TimP

It looks like a traffic issue to me based on the picture. Darker where nobody has walked and lighter or grayer due to traffic and abrasion.

If you can run a white towel on it with all kinds of different solvents and nothing budges it then most likely it's clean. Of course the exceptions are urine, dyes etc.....which need reducing or oxidizing agents.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom