Mytee 6002 batt.powered sprayer GPM?

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
Would like to know the GPM of this model. I'm looking for a pre-spray applicator that kicks out a decent amount of spray. My pump up garden sprayer takes way too long to apply pre-spray. Suggestions for other options beside the 6002 are welcome...

Name
John LaBarbera
FloorPizza said:
Would like to know the GPM of this model. I'm looking for a pre-spray applicator that kicks out a decent amount of spray. My pump up garden sprayer takes way too long to apply pre-spray. Suggestions for other options beside the 6002 are welcome...

The pump is rated at 1 gal per minute. A 6002 is about 2/10 per gal per min. 6008 is about 8/10 per min. 6010 is 1 gal per min.

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
Thanks... I'm not seeing the 6008 or 6010 anywhere on your web site. Can't seem to find anywhere that sells them, either.

TimP

I believe he is talking about jet sizes to fit with the spray nozzle.

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
TimP said:

Ah, so an *8*010.... as in jet... instead of 6010 sprayer model. Gotcha, thanks. Looks like I'll be getting a different jet to put on the sprayer. I'd love to have a full one GPM battery operated pre-spray applicator.

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
John LaBarbera said:
TimP said:

Sorry. My misunderstanding. I was thinking jet size not model #.

John, I just appreciate you being here to answer every dumb question this newb has thrown your way. I'm brand new at all this, but I can tell ya this much... what little I have *is* Mytee, and all the stuff I'm gonna be getting will be Mytee, too.

I'm sold on the M5, and the Hot Turbo. I'm still undecided on whether or not (for the little that I do. This is *very* part time for me) I need the new cabon fiber bentley wand, though.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
FloorPizza said:
Thanks... I'm not seeing the 6008 or 6010 anywhere on your web site. Can't seem to find anywhere that sells them, either.

Umm Brandt you where just in my store. :roll: You know you can call me. Oh and if you want the sprayer we umm have them.

P.S. Are you coming up for the Free Class tomorrow and the BBQ on Wednesday?

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
Hey John, yup, I sure was. I'm still putting together the list of all the Mytee equipment I'm gonna be getting, and still doing all the research along with it. When I call ya, it'll be to place an order, rather than talk your ear off all day with a bunch of questions.

I'm down in St. George now, so it's a bit more of a drive than it used to be to get to your store.

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt

And just so it's out there... I *will* be buying all my equipment from you. I just tend to research the bejesus out of everything before I buy it. I've spent the last six months researching CC'ing, and I'm expecting to start making some initial equipment purchases "real soon now" (that's "Married Man" for "when the wife will let me").

So when the phone *does* finally ring, you're gonna need a pen to write down the order, not a lunch, a coke, and a soft pillow to rest on while you describe every product in it's most infinite detail.

BTW, I hope you got ProChem straightened out on who the closest ProChem distributor is to St. George. Let me know if they need the order number... you could use it to show what prochem dist it shipped from and to where it was shipped. I'm still shocked that they think Seattle is closer to St. George than Orem. Geography isn't a strong point of mine, but even *I* could figure that one out.

This is the list so far, but it's subject to additions/subtractions/changes...

Mytee M5
Mytee Hot Turbo
50' recovery/solution hose (still wondering if 50' is ok on an M5 without a booster)
12" wand. Thinking about the new Bentley, but probably go with just the regular 8300 EZ
Mytee 6001 sprayer with an 8010 jet
8400 Upholstery tool (hoping this could be used as a car carpet head, too)
8700 Crevice tool
Mytee 500 230v to 115v conversion kit

The above stuff is pretty firm. I'm still researching/reading/scratching various oriffices over the rest of the stuff. Like what hardware to use for pre-spray agitation, tile cleaning, etc. I've been leaning toward getting a Rotovac 360 and using the brush head for pre-spray agitation, then using it for carpet extraction if it's really nasty. Then I could use the tile attachment for, uh, well.... tile. And the stair head for stairs. There's so many different options and combinations...still very undecided. I was very impressed with the original dual head Rotovac you let me try out, but I did not like the way that it severely limited stroke speed. The 360 looks like a better option for total control of stroke speed. And of course I'll also need a few other smaller attachments for tile edges and small tiled areas.

I've tried a 175 for pre-spray agitation, and it worked very well, but I'd like to combine it into a multi-purpose piece of hardware like the RV 360.

Pre-spray agitation is definitely a requirement for me, though. A porty (in my very newb opinion) just *needs* the additional help of pre-spray agitation to even start to approach the level of cleaning power of a TM. Then following up the pre-spray agitation with *more* agitation during extraction (ala RotoVac) helps even more. Pre-spray agitation with a 175 then extracting with a dual head RV allowed me to get some stuff clean that I honestly thought was beyond saving. With a porty. I'm sure it would have been a quick job for a TM guy, but for me it was an all day event.

So how's that lunch, coke, and soft pillow treatin' ya??? :)

Well... I'm off... I'm gonna go rent an Olympus porty today (just to try it... I gotta be as thorough as I can) to re-do the carpets in the house we just moved in to. The landlord had them "professionally cleaned" before we moved in, and you'd never know it; they are disgusting. Especially the suspicious brown stain in the living room.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You sure have done your homework! I don't see anything wrong with your list. I might have different preferences but there is nothing wrong with your list since you have/are doing your due diligence.

Take before and after pictures of your carpet. Not only can you use it as "evidence" when you move out but maybe you can pick up your landlords buisnesss

Rotovac

Name
Nick
The Rotovac 360 does have a few advantages over the Rotovac Powerwand. You mentioned the different heads available for it, there are now 5 different heads for the 360.

You will find the 360 is more efficient. The side to side swing motion of the 360 will allow to clean faster, plus with less spray jets, the 360 will leave the carpet drier. Both the Powerwand and the 360 clean great!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom