Mytee Bentley JoeBilt Sheer/Manifold GreenGlide Combo

Bob Foster

Light weight carbon fiber Mytee Bentley 14" wand with a JoeBilt (Joe Bristor) Manifold on an adjustable JoeBilt Sheer Kit sitting on a Hybrid GreenGlide

Mytee hybrid compared to a GreenGlide Hybrid
IMG_1247.jpg

JoeBilt Adjustable Sheer Kit

IMG_1252.jpg

JoeBilt Bentley Manifold
IMG_1236.jpg

Nice Combo!

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
my yellow one cracked, I got the same glide for my bentley from Greenglides as well. I like the little tool it came with.. Nice jets. Greenie pimped mine with a piece of metal out of les's tool box , ghetto but it works. all he had at the time.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Bob, how does it compare to the greenhorn? Does it chatter on Berber? Do you feel the need to push down on the assist handle like other light head wands?

Joe Bristor

nice glide for sure. exactly what that wand needed.
I bet it makes all the difference huh Bob?

Joey, don't eat the yellow snow. :wink:

Mikey, no it's not tapped. Those 4 phillips screws you see near the glide go through four holes I drill through the head.
Then there's 4 T-nuts on the inside that mate these screws. Each T-nut has a threaded insert portion that extends into the hole to which the screw mates, and a flat portion which snugs up flush against the inside wall of the head. Four solid connections hold the two aluminum mounting brackets firmly in place. Then the black allen screws hold the ARC brackets in place. Looks like Bob's got those jets striking just behind the glide. Looks good Bob. Can't wait to hear hear how that wand performs. Hopin that glide makes it complete.

Bob Foster

Just set it up tonight and haven't had a chance to fine tune the aim or use it yet. Will let everyone know how it turns out.

Joe Bristor

Bob, the 3rd photo... is the center jet lined up with the exact center of the main tube of the wand?
It's a one-time adjustment of those tiny #2 screws that secure the straps to the spraybar.
Get that middle jet centered then the outer jets should be about 2 1/4" from each end.

Mike - Only the tube is carbon fiber. The head is cast aluminum.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Very interesting! Is that a swivel Bentley? If not is the modification doable too?

I saw the new PMF Ti Wand at John Olson's place in Utah. I actually liked the shape of it, the confined spray. The thing I don't like about it is the jetting. Big gap in the middle. If a 7th jet could be placed in the middle of that 15 inch wide wand, it would be pretty nice and even across the head. Needs a Greenglide.

Too bad these manufacturers can't get it right. After market is always needed.

Ryan

I thought you had a Prochem Ti wand? If so, Do you consider this wand a step down or comparable?

Bob Foster

Well I took the Bentley out for a spin today.

Chattered ever so slightly but then I changed my technique a bit and it was fine.
Light as a feather but just heavy enough that there was no problem doing one handed forward or backward strokes
Easy to maneuver
Gets real close to the edge of carpets at the wall - really cleaned this area better than any other wand I have used. When I switched to the hybrid GreenGlide I wondered if this would be affected as the Greenglide fits over the wand rather than into the wand like the stock glide. This turned out to be no problem.
I played with the JoeBilt sheer a bit and set it up nice for the wand. It's not likely I will have to readjust this but even if I did it only takes less than a minute to do it.

Love it! It's now the wand I'm going to reach for first on my truck for residential but I have yet to try it out on commercial.

The combination of the 14" Mytee Bentley with a GreenGlide with a JoeBilt sheer and manifold is worthy of your consideration if you are looking for a good wand.

Bob Foster

I used the Bentley carbon fiber stair tool today with a JoeBilt manifold on it. Same thing there too, it gets into the angle of the riser and tread really well and its light as a feather to use.

Bob Foster

Ask Joe Bristor or your local Mytee dealer.

I can't see eliminating any of the modifications without it severely affecting its performance in one way or another. It needs the sheer kit manifold and GreenGlide.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Bob Foster said:
Well I took the Bentley out for a spin today.

Chattered ever so slightly but then I changed my technique a bit and it was fine.
Light as a feather but just heavy enough that there was no problem doing one handed forward or backward strokes
Easy to maneuver
Gets real close to the edge of carpets at the wall - really cleaned this area better than any other wand I have used. When I switched to the hybrid GreenGlide I wondered if this would be affected as the Greenglide fits over the wand rather than into the wand like the stock glide. This turned out to be no problem.
I played with the JoeBilt sheer a bit and set it up nice for the wand. It's not likely I will have to readjust this but even if I did it only takes less than a minute to do it.

Love it! It's now the wand I'm going to reach for first on my truck for residential but I have yet to try it out on commercial.

The combination of the 14" Mytee Bentley with a GreenGlide with a JoeBilt sheer and manifold is worthy of your consideration if you are looking for a good wand.

Sounds pretty good. Is this the swivel Bentley?

Joe Bristor

Thanks Bob.
And especially thanks Greenglides. shiteatinggrin
I'll be sending a few people your way.

Loren, the swivel model uses the same head as the non-swivel so the shear kit is the same install.
Just know that the swivel is not for everybody. Kinda like going to a gun handle after 20 years of triggering a SW 1-bend.
Can't believe you'd even consider it. I think I'd get sea-sick myself.
It would however add some welcome weight down at the head.
The swivel model naturally comes very long (longer than the PCTi) but I can shorten it to any length.
I love custom carbon fiber straight tube tools for stairs, so light & maneuverable, maybe if you like the PMF swivel tool this would a step up.

I've got both 12 & 14 CCF in stock and can make em just about any length anybody wants.
see my garage sale for pics, lengths and options. prices still the same but free shipping is over.
Call Mytee too. They might have their manifold done now too.
Whatever you do, dont forget that GG.
The heads got that nice wide opening so an ultraslot would be in order, hint, hint, then even the crouton crushers would love it.

btw, Bob paid for the work I did on his wands. he paid shipping both ways too. :shock:

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Almost every day I get into tight spots around furniture, especially bedrooms. It is a fight to get into some corners and not knock something over with the other end of my wand. If the swivel is lockable, you should be able to have it both ways, but not sure it is.

I have never used the swivel, so it is possible I would not like it. It just seems like it would work well even on steps. Getting under beds and things also seems pretty doable with a swivel.

So is Mytee also offering a 5 jet sheer wand?

Name
John LaBarbera
Loren Egland said:
Almost every day I get into tight spots around furniture, especially bedrooms. It is a fight to get into some corners and not knock something over with the other end of my wand. If the swivel is lockable, you should be able to have it both ways, but not sure it is.

I have never used the swivel, so it is possible I would not like it. It just seems like it would work well even on steps. Getting under beds and things also seems pretty doable with a swivel.

So is Mytee also offering a 5 jet sheer wand?

Hi Loren,

Mytee's is still 4 jets. Because of the court injunction on Mytee glides we have suspended Bentley production for now. The Bentley can't be used with out a glide. We're taking the case to the circuit court of appeals and to the US patent office. It's going to take a little while longer but the time will come when anyone can make a glide and not be harassed. Joe made me laugh when he said he got sea sick from the swivel, that's a first. We've sold a number of the Bentleys with the swivel and never heard of that before. Maybe he was cleaning a boat.

John

Joe Bristor

Didn't Joey say that "Greenie did something to help get his manifold to his liking?

Whatever.
GGs is what makes my kit possible for this wand so I'll install it for free for anybody who pays shipping

Name
John LaBarbera
FCC said:
John LaBarbera said:
Because of the court injunction on Mytee glides we have suspended Bentley production for now.

John

So I guess I'm stuck with the pos manifold unless I lay out the extra cash for Joe's or make my own?

If that is what you really think, than you are either new here or don't know what kind of a company Mytee is. There is not a guy here that was ever left holding the bag by us. The injunction only effects the glides, we are still working on the S/S solution manifold. I believe the samples parts will be here in a week or so and if they are ok we will go into production and anyone who has a Bentley with the old manifold can get a new one at no charge. Just email or pm me your address and it will be done.

Name
Eric Valentine
I love my Bentley wand (original w/swivel). Bought it from Greenie, and it came with the manifold tweaked and a hole green glide. The swivel is not an issue once you get used to it. In fact, when I go back to a non-swivel head wand, I really miss having the swivel. It did take a little time to get used to (I hated the Bentley the first time I used it, but it grew on me)

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Fred,

The comment about being "new here" was a joke. Sorry you missed my humor in it. I also appreciate your patience but I can't send something I don't have, however we are working on it diligently. Would you like me to send you a new manifold when they are done? Just a question on the proto-type. Outside of adding weight does it spray properly or does it come out of adjustment because of the number of brass parts?

John

Name
John LaBarbera
FCC said:
Absolutely....just let me know when they are done. I'd really like an old manifold so I could actually use the wand (maybe...never had one) in the meantime without it costing me money (streaks)

as for the manifold.

too low = pile distortion at moderate pressures = lack of proper overlap at pressures that minimize said distortion

brass parts become misaligned easily not only because of the multitude of them but the ghetto attachment to the wand itself

12" path on a 14" wand

pain in the ass to keep looking decent.

I can't see how it would be an improvement over the old one......

Thanks for the input. You guys in the field are the real experts, especially with jetting. We manufacturers just try to make what you need at a reasonable price. We don't usually get it right out of the shoot. For us it is trial and error, but eventionally we'll get there. I'll send you an old manifold this week and the new one when it comes in. PM me your address. Thanks again.

John

Bob Foster

Today I used it on some CGD in a restaurant I have done a dozen times. It worked flawlessly. I really like the way this wand is set up. So thumbs up on commercial too.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
How does it compare to the Greenhorn? Do you have to press down on the wand? The weight of the head on the Greenhorn is perfect.

Bob Foster

The weight issue was a concern to me initially. But I have the GreenGlide on it which makes the head slightly heavier. So it isn't too light for even one handed operation on CGD.

I like the Bentley better than the Greenhorn now and I don't say that lightly. I sure don't want to offend Greenie when I say this. If I was him I would look into the merits of carbon fiber.

Let me use the Bentley for a month straight and see if my opinion stands.

The Greenhorn is a heavier built unit that I think would stand up to more punishment but since I am an owner/operator and I take care of my equipment its not a deciding factor.

pATRICK

Been using Joes Bentley along side my Greenhorn for the last couple of months and both outstanding wands.

However I feel with a proper glide because of the weight the Bentley will be my first choice just makes life easier.

Joe gave us UK cleaners the same shipping deal as US cleaners on the Bentley wand, good man.

Only problem with the Bentley is its so light I keep thinking it will snap in half, time will tell If it will stand up to a steel wand in durability.

mark shannon

Joe Bristor

Talking to Bill just now, he asked Bob about whether it's worth it to switch to my CCH vs GH.
Bob answered correctly, no.
Then Bob said yes, but only if your GH jets or check valves are worn, then yes, good to upgrade.
Correct again.
So Bill's gettin the works for GH, including the thermometer, $169 for both.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom