Mytee Bentley Wand - What do you think?

drierisbetter

I've read alot about the Bentley wand, and it seems to have nothing posted recently. Mikey said he was going to get a non swivel demo, and that was the last thing I found about it. For those who have demo'd it, or have one, what do you think of the wand?

Is it solid like a prochem quad jet or ti?
Is it light?
Is the swivel a nice feature? I was thinking if people don't like the swivel, just take it to the weld shop and have them put a little weld spot on the swivel. Then it's a no swivel wand.
Does it overspray?
Does the glide slide as well as a green glide? We have a hybrid and slot gg, the hybrid slides much easier.
What is the current setup of the wand? I know it has gone through a few changes.
Does it have no-drip jet extenders?
What size of jets does it have? Degrees and flow... The quad jet comes w/ 95015 (i think).

I looked at getting the 16 inch evolution, but it looks like junk after reading reviews. We run an everest, so there should be enough power for any wand.

I'm considering buying it, so I'd like some feedback :)

Thanks.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
See if you can use any new wand for a couple days or so with a return policy.

Mikey P

Administrator
The spray bar is the deal killer for me.

The angle is all wrong.

Splashes all over the damn place with high flow and you cant lean the wand back far until the jets are in the pile.
The manifold needs to be split in two ala' the PC Ti Wand.

Porty only wand IMO.

Name
John LaBarbera
drierisbetter said:
I've read alot about the Bentley wand, and it seems to have nothing posted recently. Mikey said he was going to get a non swivel demo, and that was the last thing I found about it. For those who have demo'd it, or have one, what do you think of the wand?

Is it solid like a prochem quad jet or ti?
Is it light?
Is the swivel a nice feature? I was thinking if people don't like the swivel, just take it to the weld shop and have them put a little weld spot on the swivel. Then it's a no swivel wand.
Does it overspray?
Does the glide slide as well as a green glide? We have a hybrid and slot gg, the hybrid slides much easier.
What is the current setup of the wand? I know it has gone through a few changes.
Does it have no-drip jet extenders?
What size of jets does it have? Degrees and flow... The quad jet comes w/ 95015 (i think).

I looked at getting the 16 inch evolution, but it looks like junk after reading reviews. We run an everest, so there should be enough power for any wand.

I'm considering buying it, so I'd like some feedback :)

Thanks.

1) The Bentley is solid and well made. The worlds only carbon fiber tube.
2) Mytee make a swivel and a non-swivel. The non swivel is 7.5 lbs the swivel is about 9 lbs. Also we have 2 lengths reg. and tall.
3) Most seem to like the swivel. It's not for everybody. Mikey doesn't like it. What can I say.
4)The glides are PTFE generic Teflon.
5)Mikey doesn't like the over spray. He may be right on this. I didn't notice it till he mentioned it. No one else has commented on that issue.
6) No extenders. We do install Teflon ball check valves on the jets that I like quite a lot.
7) I should know the jet size, but we been experimenting with different ones so I can't say for sure which size we have settled on.

We will have a testing station at Connections so those who attend can try them out. One guy will be running one on a Vortex so we can see what the consensus is on a big TM. We only have experience on 500 psi portables. The design of the head give superior extraction in my opinion.

I think Jimmy Ladwig is right that a dist. should allow (and I think most do) a loaner program so that you can try out a variety of wands to see what works for you. We've tried to cover as many preferences as we could with the Bentley but it's hard to please everyone. I personally do not think roto-molded plastic is the right material for a extraction head. But you never know. We, at Mytee have settled on a powder coated aluminum casting.

The price ranges from about $500.00 to about $675.00 depending on whether it has swivel or not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom