Mytee Big Boss cordless vs. Penguin cordless sprayer

theden

Thinking of either buying the Mytee Big Boss cordless sprayer or the Penguin cordless sprayer. I understand both have made improvements in the last year or so. I'd like hear about any pros or cons of each if anyone has had experience with both of these to compare them.

Luke

I bought a Big Boss about two months ago, haven't ever used a Penguin. I like the Big Boss over all. However, the front wheels quickly became bent and started falling off. I have since taken them both off for good. Don't really need them, the rear wheels are large and it rolls easy just by tipping it back slightly. I like the fact that it holds five gallons and it puts out a good volume of spray. The coiled spray cord could be longer, I'm thinking of switching it out for a longer one. It is heavy, but like I said, it rolls easily. One improvement I wish it had would be a charging indicator light, red charging, green fully charged, but that is just a minor thing.

Name
John LaBarbera
Luke said:
I bought a Big Boss about two months ago, haven't ever used a Penguin. I like the Big Boss over all. However, the front wheels quickly became bent and started falling off. I have since taken them both off for good. Don't really need them, the rear wheels are large and it rolls easy just by tipping it back slightly. I like the fact that it holds five gallons and it puts out a good volume of spray. The coiled spray cord could be longer, I'm thinking of switching it out for a longer one. It is heavy, but like I said, it rolls easily. One improvement I wish it had would be a charging indicator light, red charging, green fully charged, but that is just a minor thing.

Hi Luke,

Appreciate the comments. We put stem casters on the front of the sprayer at the request of some of the users. On smooth floor, no problem, but I can see them getting bent if they hit a ridge on a side walk hard or something like that. We put an indicator light on the back of the unit that shows battery condition. (Green, Amber, and Red)

Some of the other features that the Big Boss has is a removable tank that can be changed out for different chems. Also a "Side Kick" bottle for optional chems. The pump and hose is easily purged for changing chems. At Mikey's request we used a large 12 volt pump compared to our old Boss or the Penguin.

tim

I love the big boss but could definitely be more durable! In one year the hose sprung a leak near the handle, charging light broke, plug receptor for charging broke and couldn't recharge, switch shouted out too . About $200 in parts and a bitch to replace. Needs a longer and more durable hose, clear tank to see liquid, switch near handle to protect it and not require constant bending, charging indicator, no charging position on the switch, bigger pneumatic wheels for bringing up stairs, a charger that doesn't break with a years normal wear and tear, a hose that is longer and doesn't kink when you walk farther than 4 feet! I can't live without my big boss and don't want to go back to an omni or multi. I would pay more for equipment that lasts, maybe cimex will make a sprayer!!

G

George V

I like my Big Boss...

Can't tell you which works better because i never owned any other electric sprayers.

With the Big Boss i'm using about half the chemicals compaired to my in-line.

i also have the side kick which makes it ez to switch to fabric sealant.

Name
John LaBarbera
tim said:
I love the big boss but could definitely be more durable! In one year the hose sprung a leak near the handle, charging light broke, plug receptor for charging broke and couldn't recharge, switch shouted out too . About $200 in parts and a bitch to replace. Needs a longer and more durable hose, clear tank to see liquid, switch near handle to protect it and not require constant bending, charging indicator, no charging position on the switch, bigger pneumatic wheels for bringing up stairs, a charger that doesn't break with a years normal wear and tear, a hose that is longer and doesn't kink when you walk farther than 4 feet! I can't live without my big boss and don't want to go back to an omni or multi. I would pay more for equipment that lasts, maybe cimex will make a sprayer!!

First time for these comments, but they are good. On the hose issue, how much longer? If it is coiled it can't be longer with out dragging. Regular solution could be longer and just coiled around the handle. Seems some use it differently than others. Some will roll it around others leave it in one place and use the hose. Not saying either is right or wrong just different. I like the thought about the switch on the handle. I'll have to give some thought to that.

Which hose sprung the leak? I'll check on the wheels also, they are nice.

Thanks again for the constructive criticism, and I'm glad you still like us.

tim

John, the solution line leaks right at the handle. I would prefer a straight solution line about 15 feet in length so it doesn't have to be moved in a room. Sit it in the hall and go. Even the bigger wheels gelinas sells for the cimex is nice...may be overkill but right now it sounds like an elephant going upstairs! 5 gallons in the sprayer is hard on your back to carry up stairs so better wheels would be nice. I wouldn't part with my big boss for anything so making it more durable and even more convenient would be great!

starrett

Also have the big boss for about a year. Castors are bent and the hose kinks real bad, but overall performance is great. I have also had to put a strap around the tank at the top to help keep the handle from breaking off. Tanks are easy to change and I have one white for scotchgard and two blues for detergent and or sanitizer. Charger light was broken from wand hitting it . Heavy basturd when full, but great capacity.

N

NOTASOUTHERNBELLE

We have 3 Pengiun's that are all going on 9 months old. We use them commercially-not alot of stairs-and they seem to be holding up fairly well. We like the longer hose on the sprayer-but have had problems with the seals on them-all 3 ended up leaking from the backs. One was returned and the factory gladly repaired it. Upon further inspection-we noted quite a mismatch of parts (fittings) in the leaking areas . We took it upon ourselves to replace these fittings and seal them right and haven't had a problem since. i would think for the amount of money these" little monsters cost", they would be a little better built. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom