Mytee Boss sprayer update 43.8

Mikey P

Administrator
DO NOT FILL IT WITH WATER OVER 150º

And if you don't want to learn how to take the thing damn apart anytime soon try not to got over 100º

That little 45 psi Sureflow just can't handle the heat.

It hard not to use hot water especially if you want to use the Softened water your TM produces and if you need to refill mid job but you may need to use tap water in some situations to keep it alive.

This message has been brought to you by the now defunct MBSOA program.

TimP

I've been filling my Omni sprayer with water from my TM for quite some time with no problems. Sounds like you get what you pay for.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I don't think any electric sprayer should have 150+ solution run thru it.

regardless whether it's a cheap 1/2 size Surflo or their full size
(same with Flojet)

No???

why don't you buy a fookin Rocket Sprayer if you need 5 gal of solution?
They're only $100 bucks or so.
Change the POS spray wand to a good one and you're good to go

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
A rocket sprayer cost $100?

Looks more like $350.

I see Bob Vawter has one.

simple_to_use.jpg

TimP

last I saw I thought they were in the range of 3-400

I'll take one for 100

Greenie

Caps message is clear, numbers off just a bit. I tried to tell Mikey you want a full size 100 psi shur-flo, they are just better pumps.

Mikey P

Administrator
Greenie said:
Caps message is clear, numbers off just a bit. I tried to tell Mikey you want a full size 100 psi shur-flo, they are just better pumps.

Tell me?

Tell Mytee, good grief, I even have guys calling me to ask technical question on the damn thing now.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And they make 100 psi BATTERY charged pumps?

I don't like that you can't change out tanks on the damn thing.
Swapping out prespray for a protector is critical.
I think I'll pass on it.

John Watson

Hey bung hole Mike, He ain't pure enough to have a WATSON an a true Watson wears a Stetson.. and ain't a cabana boy

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
$300+ for a Rocket sprayer??

DAYUM!!...I paid $91 bucks for mine at Sam's Club appx 6-7? years ago
FO-REEL

I didn't like it.
too big and cumbersome for res.
too heavy to lug around up and down steps in empties
and we do very few large com jobs,
which is the only place it made sense for us

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You could hook up a spray system to use with your smokin OP system!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am putting 150 to 160 temp water in my rocket sprayer 2 or 3 times a day

I have had it for 14 months now...the only thing I have done it I changed the solution line because I did not like the one it came with......

I go approx 2 weeks between charges and it has never missed a beat....

Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
Boss blew

My Mytee Boss is toast already, Some pump issues, Cant anybody build a sprayer that works.

Let see how MYtee takes care of Me

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
How come none of you guys use the Dewalt powered hydro force sprayer? Besides no holder for the extension it works great. A little expensive at $435.

Al

We had the Dewalt and it didn't last. We use the Multi- sprayer have a battery and an electric they work real good, we have replaced a couple of batteries. Get it from Hard Ball for the cheapest price. 8)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Re: Boss blew

Vincent Feehan said:
My Mytee Boss is toast already, Some pump issues, Cant anybody build a sprayer that works.

Let see how MYtee takes care of Me

Will handle this first thing in the morning. I am at the airport heading to Denver and will be gone all week. Call my cell. It is on my card I gave you or get it from Mikey or call the office and get it from them. You Mytee guys (John, Paul and Nathan) if you read this before i call get this handled please.

Vince just so you know Ron had a problem that just turned out to be some buld up. He ran descaler through the machine and it cleared up. I'll call you as soon as possible tomorrow.

Name
Ron lippold
we should not have to do anything to a brand new sprayer. it is nice, puts down alot of juice, but i think it still needs work.

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Vince,
Sorry to hear of your difficulty. You got me a little confused. Friday night you emailed me and said the pump was continually running. I emailed you back and I said I would look into it on Monday. Saturday morning you email me to tell that Mikey told you the pump was toast. "Toast" to me implies it's not running. Did I miss something? I know Mikey is a gifted individual but diagnosing a pump problem long distance can be puzzling , so I was going to check with Sure-flo for you.

Just by way of a reminder, some of you guy's have some high heat truckmounts, and that water can be too hot for any diaphragm pump. Like I had posted previously Sure-flo said that water over 160 degrees will damage the pump. 200 degrees is abuse and will kill it. If your first email was accurate, and the pump is just not shutting off, it can be something as simple as a piece of debris in the valve of the pump. If this is the case it's something that can pass with out damage to the pump.

I feel bad that Mike is receiving such calls since he's busy with his own business and we are glad to help any and all regarding our products. If, for some reason, your dissatisfied with Mytee's customer service you are welcome to call me at Mytee. (858-679-1191 X216) In all fairness my guy's try very hard but like the rest of us may not be running at 100% all the time. I appreciate and thank you for your understanding and your patience.

John LaBarbera
Mytee Products Inc.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
In Vincents defense. It is very frustrating when something fails or performs below what your use to in the field. I have tossed my hydroforce a couple times in anger to find out it was clogged or the inside hose became detached, still frustrating.

I don't know about the new Mytee but I find if a shur flo fails just prime it again and it keeps on ticking

Name
John LaBarbera
I hear you Matt. I wasn't trying to put anyone on the defensive. If I came across that way I apologize, Vince. I can understand frustration. We all feel it from time to time.

Sincerely,

John

John Watson

I ordered mine to get in on Big Johns special, Haven't done anything but try to charge the battery which was already charged.

I haven't even tried to put it on the truck to make a place for it. I do not want to go and try it and have the internal hoses fall off, my fat hand and arm don't fit to good in there. I don't want to put water directly from my TM in it because my temp Gauge is on 230 but lowers to about 160 through my 1/4 " courtesy fill hose. I filled and still fill my Multi sprayer with and have been doing so for the past 8 years. It sprays fine but the brass valve gets almost to hot to handle at times.

I keep hearing about these little problems and realize John L said he would take care of us who bought the first boss units. Is the pump that much different than the multi's? I know the solution starts to cool right away, but might take a 1/2 hour or so for a 3.5 gal mixture to cool below 150..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom