Mytee Escape ETM

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I love it and I think everyone should own one. I pump out basements with it all the time. Its a great flood restoration machine. I have been cleaning with it since March and I am very happy. Any questions or if you need my opinion call me and I will tell you all about it. It is time guys start to go electric and lose the gas problems. Take some gasex.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Take some gasex.

Hi John, I value your opinion, and I'm working on going all electric, unfortunately, (as far as I'm aware), we don't have the ETM down under in 240 volt.

However, the main cause for my reply is the constant confusion over American/Aussie speak.

Just how do you pronounce GASEX ?? :redface: :redface: :redface:

Shorty.

PS::: Ken also confuses me occasionally.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
OH !!!

GAS :surprised:

Sorry. :icon_redface:

I know ya'll are upside down "down under" , Shorty...but there wuddn't a "Y" GA'SEX......git yore hED out of the gudder man...:icon_redface::yawn::icon_razz::lol::very_drunk:

in all serious though....you folks with 240vt would seem to be the perfect candidates for lectromounts , no??
or is the readily available* (*read "easy" access) amperage needed for "true" gas TM performance is limited there too??

John, i love you man, and I'm genuinely glad to hear you love your unit and hope you get MANY years of reliable service with it
BUTT.... blowing breakers on even 5% of the jobs (as you mentioned) in big porty mode (only 2 vacs running) would drive me nutz

lectromounts "might" be the future ..but not in their current config , me thinks ..
the amperage needed for "true" gas TM performance requires 4 vacs...which dictates the use of a large generator for hassle free operation.
Not to mention the need for hot water (which increases efficiency)

truth is, the lions share of fuel use is getting the gear there and back ...be it a big ballz super sucker gas TM, porty, shake 'n shine machine or mop and bucket ('least for us anyway)
the $aving$ of using shake 'n shine, Cimex, mop'n bucket or Mardie's shampoo box can be substantial over 700 hours a year of gas TM fuel use
but when adding a gas generator to run lectromounts with "true" TM performance, along with fuel systems to heat water , the $aving$ aren't all that substantial.
given floor space needs and other mechanical systems needed (gas genset and heater) the luster of lectrounts doesn't make as much cent$

side note ...how do you pronounce your last name ?
.is it Tu-say-oh? ....(with the "tu" part being pronounced as in "Tuscany" Italy )

Thanks

..L.T.A.

Last edited:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Ta Larry.

After looking at the Mytee website, I'm still a bit more confused.

Tell me if I got this right........................ please.

The ETM runs on 230 volt, whereby you run two extension leads into the premises you are cleaning for electricity supply?

At what Hertz? 50, 60 ?

There are also two extra options:

It can be hooked up to run of an 10,000 watt generator, that is connected to the vehicles engine if local power is not available.

Also it has an optional heat exchanger, I presume this runs off the gen; set or vehicle engine ?

If one had the available power, you could also use an lpg heater such as a Silver Eagle to save emission fumes, gas and noise.

I'm envious that I'm so bloody old now just as this good gear hits the market.:icon_redface: :clap:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ta Larry.

After looking at the Mytee website, I'm still a bit more confused.

i might be too, Shorty...but i'll explain it as i understand it

The ETM runs on 230 volt, whereby you run two extension leads into the premises you are cleaning for electricity supply?

no-sir....the "regular" ETM runs on two 110vt cords
the sOOper dOOper ETM (additional dual vac module for a total of 4 vacs ) runs on 3 (or four cords??)

maybe the 220 part that confused you was the mention of their "splitter box"??
a device that allows you to plug into a dryer or stove outlet (both 220vt and minimum of 30 amps) and split it into two 110 vt circuits

There are also two extra options:

It can be hooked up to run of an 10,000 watt generator, that is connected to the vehicles engine if local power is not available.

Also it has an optional heat exchanger, I presume this runs off the gen; set or vehicle engine ?

that was a prototype lectromount John brought to Mikefest
It is 220vt
"real" TM power, but just plain not practical and only a moron that didn't know how to add 2+2 would ever buy one.
as it requires more amps than available in any home (as a practical matter anyway)
cause the only place with enough amps to plug into is the stove plug ..someone might be dumb enough to move Mrs Piff's dryer , but i don't think even the biggest of #5's would be dumb enough to move Mrs Phiff's stove out.

so that particular unit "needs" a $5000 inverter type generator that has to be "somehow" shoehorned into a van's engine compartment and spun with the van engine .
which means you HAVE to run the van's engine to supply power to run enough electric vacs to produce gas TM performance .
Kind of the LONG way around, given the expense and clusterfck of it all ..when gas power TMs already do the same thing with less retrofitting, wires and no more or less fuel use

If one had the available power, you could also use an lpg heater such as a Silver Eagle to save emission fumes, gas and noise.

you did touch on one of the greatest virtues to lectomounts ...the noise and emissions.
electric vcs are so much easier to quiet compared to blowers .
the other is CLEANNESS ...anyone that's run a slide-in knows the oil film (from the oil breather) that accumulates inside a van after years ...but if you run a genset and flame fired burner..much of that cleanliness goes right out the window...or rather right in you van, as the case may be

"practical" use lectromounts are still glorified portys for the most part.
They have a place, i s'pose ..and i PROMISE I'm not dogging them (even though John, Terry and Bob Savage might think so)

but lectromounts with "real" TM power (the 4 vac systems) require large generators in the 18hp range for "hassle free" use .
that makes them less practical than a slide-in that uses same/similar size gas engine to spin a blower and pump

imHo of course

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Shorty

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Ta for that, makes a bit more sense now.

Although our dryers SOMETIMES have a 15amp outlet, most are 10amp.

ALL of our stoves are hard wired direct to the switchboard/fuse-box, so that rules the stove supply out.

SOME air conditioners run from a 15amp plug, although most now are split systems and are also hard wired in.

To run the 110 cables, I'd need a BLOODY BIG converter/transformer, which would probably weigh more than the EMT and cost me (down under), nearly as much. :frown:

I still like the principles of it, for over there, looks like I'll have to retire earlier. :lol:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
you where old the day you was born

That's Oirish if ever I heard it. :lol:

PS::: Send Lockitt Johhnies girl back to EnZed. :winky:

She should NEVER be placed on an avatar, :very_drunk: but she is starting to look better than Porky. :pig:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Three Kiwis and three Aussies are traveling by train to a conference.
At the station, the three Aussies each buy tickets and watch as the three Kiwis buy only a single ticket.

"How are three people going to travel on only one ticket?" asks an Aussie.
"Watch and you'll see," answers a Kiwi.

They all board the train. The Aussies take their respective seats but all three Kiwis cram into a bathroom and close the door behind them. Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the bathroom door and says, "Ticket, please." The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes it and moves on.

The Aussies see this and agree it was quite a clever idea. So after the conference, the Aussies decide to copy the Kiwis on the return trip and save some money (being clever with money and all that). When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the Kiwis don't buy a ticket at all. "How are you going to travel without a ticket?" says one perplexed Aussie.
"Watch and you'll see," answers a Kiwi.

When they board the train the three Aussies cram into a bathroom and the three Kiwis cram into another one nearby. The train departs. Shortly afterward, one of the Kiwis leaves his bathroom and walks over to the bathroom where the Aussies are hiding. He knocks on the door and says, "Ticket, please."

John

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I still like the principles of it

who wouldn't ?
uber clean and quiet
no gas needed to run it

the first manufacture to break the amperage draw needed for "genuine" gas TM performance ...will be rich
Cause i don't think any of us would be running gas TMs when/if a better mousetrap becomes available

..L.T.A.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Are there any brushless vac motors available? They would reduce the heat produced (which is just wasted energy) and greatly reduce amp draw. Or increase performance with the same amp draw.

Name
John LaBarbera
Are there any brushless vac motors available? They would reduce the heat produced (which is just wasted energy) and greatly reduce amp draw. Or increase performance with the same amp draw.

That's a good question. I would have to investagate that. Thanks.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
The SR Ametek vac motors (10 years ago) were brush-less. Problem was, they would over-heat and shut down for several minutes while you were cleaning. Not good, nor was it even remotely acceptable.

Heat is not a problem with electric vac motors. Mine are just warm to the touch after running constantly for several hours

Reactions: John LaBarbera

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Well even besides heat, brushless motors in drills and impact drivers that are coming out are claiming over 50% more run time as compared to their brushed models. The elimination of brushed reduces friction and increases efficiency. They also way outlast brushed counterparts do to no commutator wear.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Well even besides heat, brushless motors in drills and impact drivers that are coming out are claiming over 50% more run time as compared to their brushed models. The elimination of brushed reduces friction and increases efficiency. They also way outlast brushed counterparts do to no commutator wear.
I agree.

The technology I mentioned was 10 years ago. However, I am getting boocoo hours out of the brush electric vac motors. They can also be re-furbished if you catch them in time. A new one cost about $150 and takes a few minutes to replace.

Replacement cost is very small compared to a PD blower.

Reactions: John LaBarbera

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Replacement cost is very small compared to a PD blower.

how many hours on that over driven 45 blower of yours you dual wand with, Bob?
if i recall you mentioning it before, it was serious high hours

my retired TM had 12,000 hours on the original Roots 45
change the gear lube (yea i use 85wt gear lube) every 500-1000 hours
and give a few squirts of grease to the bearings every now and then is all that was done

..l.T.A.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
how many hours on that over driven 45 blower of yours you dual wand with, Bob?
if i recall you mentioning it before, it was serious high hours

my retired TM had 12,000 hours on the original Roots 45
change the gear lube (yea i use 85wt gear lube) every 500-1000 hours
and give a few squirts of grease to the bearings every now and then is all that was done

..l.T.A.
It was 20,000 hours.

A PD blower will last longer than most guys keep their TM's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom