MYTEE M5 fresh water only cleaning machine?

BUSY BEE

we just purchased the M5 after hearing all the good things said about it. Problem: if yer gonna have a portable that offers auto fill shouldn't it be able to draw emulsifier as well? Can anyone tell me how I can rig this thing so my guy can clean apt complex carpets with a prespray and emulisifier? None of the literature I saw said this was a fresh carpet cleaning machine, I just assumed it could draw soap since it has auto fill going up to only 500 psi. Can it be rigged to draw soap? Thanks, Bill

R

rotovacguy

Bill, why not just use an inline sprayer? Run a small solution line from the qd of your pump to the inline sprayer, then out to your wand. Why run the crap through your pump if you don't have to?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Just a thought, but you could use a seperate inline sprayer, add your emulsifier and favorite metering tip and instead of running a spray wand, add a quick connect. So you could run a solution line to the machine and then another hose to your wand. And vola.. inline detergent emulsipher that is independent of the auto fill problem.

damn you stole my idea!!! :twisted:

Todd Anthony

steve g said:
easy run a hydroforce sprayer with your prespary, then rinse with clear water, easy.

What would be the best prespray to use if your only going to use water to rinse with? Some of them are kind of hard to rinse with just water. Maybe something like Soapfree from Masterblend but is that strong enough for the real dirty stuff?

thanks

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Actually Grease Eraser rinces very well with plain old water. It actually recommends it. Though their argument may not be spot on, I can vounch that not only does their product attack heavy soil effectivley, it cleans out nicely with hot water. Though anytime you can even a conditioning agent or a surfactant to lower the surface tension, you'll get better flushing action as the water can more easily penetration through the fibers.

Name
John LaBarbera
BUSY BEE said:
we just purchased the M5 after hearing all the good things said about it. Problem: if yer gonna have a portable that offers auto fill shouldn't it be able to draw emulsifier as well? Can anyone tell me how I can rig this thing so my guy can clean apt complex carpets with a prespray and emulisifier? None of the literature I saw said this was a fresh carpet cleaning machine, I just assumed it could draw soap since it has auto fill going up to only 500 psi. Can it be rigged to draw soap? Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill,

If you want to inject chemical into the solution tank, just interrupt your water feed at the intake with a dema valve, and siphon the chemical in. If your dema valve acts up it's an easy fix outside the machine.

Bjorn

PUUUMP003.jpg

R

rotovacguy

Nate The Great said:
Odin said:

Looks freaking complicated! :lol:

That's what I was thinking, plus you're still passing the emulsifier, or whatever else you plan to add, through the pump. Running an inline avoids that, saves your pump.

Bjorn

ah bull shit a little dry slurry thorugh the pump is not going to hurt a darn thing

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
challenge with running your inline sprayer inline with the wand
you don't get the flow to the wand. Those inline sprayers have a very small outlet. Ever take the end off and spray directly out from one? Just a thin high pressure jet, but not a lot of flow. Works great for prespraying but I don't think it would be enough for a wand.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Can the auto fill feature draw water from a fresh water tank? Is it a pump, or is it just a float valve that requires a pressurized source?

Name
Nate W.
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="BUSY BEE":2da26ojd]we just purchased the M5 after hearing all the good things said about it. Problem: if yer gonna have a portable that offers auto fill shouldn't it be able to draw emulsifier as well? Can anyone tell me how I can rig this thing so my guy can clean apt complex carpets with a prespray and emulisifier? None of the literature I saw said this was a fresh carpet cleaning machine, I just assumed it could draw soap since it has auto fill going up to only 500 psi. Can it be rigged to draw soap? Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill,

If you want to inject chemical into the solution tank, just interrupt your water feed at the intake with a dema valve, and siphon the chemical in. If your dema valve acts up it's an easy fix outside the machine.[/quote:2da26ojd]

Hi John,

I have a question about that setup. When having auto-fill on the machine, and the water gets close to shutting off as the tank fills up, with the water pressure going lower, will it still pull chemical?

I thought long and hard about that. When I metered JJ02 rinse, I just poured the rinse directly into the machine. I couldn't use my auto-fill because the dilution would be off. Maybe I just have OCD when it comes to following the instructions listed on the label?!? :lol:

BUSY BEE

John LaBarbera said:
[quote="BUSY BEE":83fcup0d]we just purchased the M5 after hearing all the good things said about it. Problem: if yer gonna have a portable that offers auto fill shouldn't it be able to draw emulsifier as well? Can anyone tell me how I can rig this thing so my guy can clean apt complex carpets with a prespray and emulisifier? None of the literature I saw said this was a fresh carpet cleaning machine, I just assumed it could draw soap since it has auto fill going up to only 500 psi. Can it be rigged to draw soap? Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill,

If you want to inject chemical into the solution tank, just interrupt your water feed at the intake with a dema valve, and siphon the chemical in. If your dema valve acts up it's an easy fix outside the machine.[/quote:83fcup0d]
Okay. Why do have to spend more money for all this extra stuff and go through this? I wouldn't have bought it if it was a fresh water cleaning machine that has to be rigged. Like I said I found this out after I bought it there isn't anything in yer advertising or brochures that mention it. This was bought for cleaning apt complex carpets where u need to clean with an emilsifier

BUSY BEE

hey John, I gotta get to work. could u please call Chris or Scott Hagen at Sieera Cleaning Supply in Reno NV thats where I purchased the M5. PLease instruct them on how this can be fixed. Thank you, Bill.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
BUSY BEE said:
[quote="John LaBarbera":4xw5glf3][quote="BUSY BEE":4xw5glf3]we just purchased the M5 after hearing all the good things said about it. Problem: if yer gonna have a portable that offers auto fill shouldn't it be able to draw emulsifier as well? Can anyone tell me how I can rig this thing so my guy can clean apt complex carpets with a prespray and emulisifier? None of the literature I saw said this was a fresh carpet cleaning machine, I just assumed it could draw soap since it has auto fill going up to only 500 psi. Can it be rigged to draw soap? Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill,

If you want to inject chemical into the solution tank, just interrupt your water feed at the intake with a dema valve, and siphon the chemical in. If your dema valve acts up it's an easy fix outside the machine.[/quote:4xw5glf3]
Okay. Why do have to spend more money for all this extra stuff and go through this? I wouldn't have bought it if it was a fresh water cleaning machine that has to be rigged. Like I said I found this out after I bought it there isn't anything in yer advertising or brochures that mention it. This was bought for cleaning apt complex carpets where u need to clean with an emilsifier[/quote:4xw5glf3]

Does this mean the romance is over? :wink: You never show the warts on a first date. What I can't figure out is what the hell good is an auto fill porty without detergent injection?

Odin said:
ah bull shit a little dry slurry thorugh the pump is not going to hurt a darn thing

As soap will work as a lubricant, I concur.

Name
John LaBarbera
BUSY BEE said:
[quote="John LaBarbera":158a17tr][quote="BUSY BEE":158a17tr]we just purchased the M5 after hearing all the good things said about it. Problem: if yer gonna have a portable that offers auto fill shouldn't it be able to draw emulsifier as well? Can anyone tell me how I can rig this thing so my guy can clean apt complex carpets with a prespray and emulisifier? None of the literature I saw said this was a fresh carpet cleaning machine, I just assumed it could draw soap since it has auto fill going up to only 500 psi. Can it be rigged to draw soap? Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill,

If you want to inject chemical into the solution tank, just interrupt your water feed at the intake with a dema valve, and siphon the chemical in. If your dema valve acts up it's an easy fix outside the machine.[/quote:158a17tr]
Okay. Why do have to spend more money for all this extra stuff and go through this? I wouldn't have bought it if it was a fresh water cleaning machine that has to be rigged. Like I said I found this out after I bought it there isn't anything in yer advertising or brochures that mention it. This was bought for cleaning apt complex carpets where u need to clean with an emilsifier[/quote:158a17tr]

Hi Bill,

As everyone on this board knows I'm always glad to help, but as you stated my advertising says auto fill not chemical injection.

And Willy P, when it comes to false advertising we all know "who's your daddy".

BUSY BEE

John, what I'm saying is yer leaving out a very important part to this machine, kinda like Chevy advertising a nice new gas saving car but guess what? When u pay and they deliver it to you, It doesn't come with air condition, go to an outside source and have them install it. What u said helps but I'm irritated to have to come here and figure this stuff out for myself and spend more $$$.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ok... here you go:

Chemical Kit, Low Pressure

Placed on the outlet side of the pump. Unique siphoning design draws chemicals or soap to aid in your cleaning flexibility. Be sure to use the black low pressure nozzle and open the adjusting knob on the injector when in use.

•Max Pressure: 4,000 PSI
•Max Temperature: 200° F
•Max Flow: 3-5 GPM
•Inlet: 3/8" Quick Connect Plug
•Outlet: 3/8" Quick Connect coupler
•Material: Brass
•Weight: 0.35 lbs
(Shipping charge of $7.95 will apply on this item if the total order is less than $59.00)

MODEL DESCRIPTION PRICE
BE-85-400-000 Chemical Kit, Low Pressure $40.20

and a completel ist of options.

http://www.ultimatewasher.com/chemical-injectors.htm

You'll have to figure out how much this draws and change out quick connects, but it should have no problem working for you.

R

rotovacguy

Odin said:

Chemical Injector Kit and Parts

Do you have a hard time removing tough dirt and deep stains. Do you need to use the chemicals with your pressure washer? We have a solution for you: pressure washer chemical injector. We offer a unique resolution for you to apply any type of cleaning solution with any kind of pressure.

How Does It Operate?

Pressure Washer Chemical Injector Kit consists of the soak suction filter, 6 FT of clear tube, adjustable knob, injector and 3/8” quick connect couplers. Operation: quick connect the pressure washer chemical injector on the outside (discharge side) of the pump. Place the soak suction filter into a container of your favorite chemical and attach the black low pressure soap nozzle to the tip of the wand. Start you pressure washer as normal and the pressure washer chemical injector will do the rest. When you are done applying cleaning solution onto the surface, turn off the chemical adjustable knob and replace the soap nozzle with a 0º (red color) or 15º (yellow color) nozzle to remove loosened dirt.

Types of Injectors

There are two types of injectors: upstream and downstream injector. An upstream injector is installed on the inlet side of the pressure washer pump system. A downstream injector is installed on the outlet (discharge) side of the pump. The more commonly used one is the downstream injector.

The advantage of the upstream injection is that the user will be able to apply the chemical with high pressure. The disadvantage is that by having the chemical run through the pump, the pump seals will wear out much quicker.

The advantage of the downstream injector is that it is inexpensive and that the chemicals cannot damage the pump system; the disadvantage is that it can only be applied with low pressure output.

Most of injectors are very simple devices with no moving parts and will little that can go wrong. If your injector stops working, look for causes external to the injector before you replace it!

That's all I'm saying, Terry, it won't harm it, just wear out the seals sooner. I'll take last step chem injection any day.

As for the flow, Ron, all of the injectors on Sweeney's paste all look to have MORE than adequate flow for cleaning carpet. Not sure wear you think an inline impedes the flow. I use mine with the wand all the time to keep the chems out of my pump, can't say I've noticed a flow loss.

BUSY BEE

John LaBarbera said:
[quote="BUSY BEE":35htrpud]we just purchased the M5 after hearing all the good things said about it. Problem: if yer gonna have a portable that offers auto fill shouldn't it be able to draw emulsifier as well? Can anyone tell me how I can rig this thing so my guy can clean apt complex carpets with a prespray and emulisifier? None of the literature I saw said this was a fresh carpet cleaning machine, I just assumed it could draw soap since it has auto fill going up to only 500 psi. Can it be rigged to draw soap? Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill,

If you want to inject chemical into the solution tank, just interrupt your water feed at the intake with a dema valve, and siphon the chemical in. If your dema valve acts up it's an easy fix outside the machine.[/quote:35htrpud]
Okay John I talked with Chris about this today. Thanks, I had no idea what u were talking about when you posted this, now it makes sense. Maybe some out there reading this may have learned something as well. Thanks, Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom