Mytee M5 question

kevinj61

Is it normal for the solution tank pump to run constantly or should it only come on when you pull trigger on your wand?
on the mytee M5

kevinj61

Yes goomer I did already by the Mytee M5--works great also bought the hot turbo heater the one with 4 heater switches that works very good as well as long as you put start out buy putting hot tap water in your solution tank then when it runs threw the heater it get really hot

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Congrats.
When you get a chance, open her up to get to the lower compartment that contains the vacs and pumps. You will see 2 clear hoses connecting to the inside of the rear fill connector and pump out connector. They should each have 2 hose clamps on them. My clamps were loose from the factory and slipped off during one of my first jobs. I have heard of this happening to some others. I put a thin coat of flexible GOOP on the barbs and tightened them down securely. Something you might want to check.

kevinj61

thanks goomer i'll do that, have you heard of anyone taking out the pressure sensor switch or anything like that onthe mytee hot turbo heater so it won't leak if your psi is too high

Name
John LaBarbera
Goomer said:
Congrats.
When you get a chance, open her up to get to the lower compartment that contains the vacs and pumps. You will see 2 clear hoses connecting to the inside of the rear fill connector and pump out connector. They should each have 2 hose clamps on them. My clamps were loose from the factory and slipped off during one of my first jobs. I have heard of this happening to some others. I put a thin coat of flexible GOOP on the barbs and tightened them down securely. Something you might want to check.

Good advice, Thanks. Mytee has already made that change in our production models. We changed to high temperature hose with swedged on fittings.

Name
John LaBarbera
kevinj61 said:
thanks goomer i'll do that, have you heard of anyone taking out the pressure sensor switch or anything like that onthe mytee hot turbo heater so it won't leak if your psi is too high

That's the relief valve. We removed it and change an internal hose.

kevinj61

how do you remove it, is it hard and is it safe for the unit itself because i would love to do it please help!!

Name
John LaBarbera
kevinj61 said:
how do you remove it, is it hard and is it safe for the unit itself because i would love to do it please help!!

Hi Kevin,

No it's easy. Contact Nathan at Mytee 858-679-1191 X206. You will need some parts, we will supply them to you at no charge.

kevinj61

ok i'll call nathan at mytee and thank you very much john, hey and while were at it have you ever cleaned carpets using the encapsulation method and can it be done using a 175 rotary which i already have one of those and don't want to buy another machine if i don't have to but all i have is the carpet brush for it, will that work or do i need to buy some other type of wheel or brush for it again thanks for you help and info

Name
John LaBarbera
kevinj61 said:
ok i'll call nathan at mytee and thank you very much john, hey and while were at it have you ever cleaned carpets using the encapsulation method and can it be done using a 175 rotary which i already have one of those and don't want to buy another machine if i don't have to but all i have is the carpet brush for it, will that work or do i need to buy some other type of wheel or brush for it again thanks for you help and info

I used a 175 with a shampoo brush and Rick Gelinas' soap, Release-It. Worked good for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom