Mytee Qwik Dry suprisingly versatile!

Bob Foster

Willy's post about his new Air Path prompted me to post about my experience of a recent purchase of a Mytee Quik Dry downdraft fan. This fan from Mytee has proven itself to be much more versatile that I thought it would be.

Mytee4700QuikDry.jpg

I used it on some wool carpet recently that I wanted to speed dry and it amazed me.

I've also left it up on it's side and used it to dry a couch, love seat and chair. The advantage of this fan when used on its side is it broadcasts a fairly wide drying path. I didn't have to set up two or three fans to do the work that I normally would have had to do but actually dried all three furniture pieces all at the same time and without having to reposition the Quik Dry. It also had a huge volume of air it was moving.

Today I set the Mytee Quik Dry on top of a mattress and it really dried it fast.

Mytee fine indeed!

http://www.mytee.com/products/product.php?id=4700

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Interesting. I checked several suppliers here (Cobbs, Superior, Pembertons, Interlink) and did not find it listed on their website. The prices I did find via Google search ranged from $598 (!) to $398. The 398 was from a place called CleanSmartz, who I have never heard of.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I got the Air path for 550 Cdn. I can't tell you how impressed I am with it, although the Mytee looks pretty good (especially those 4 cup holders :wink: )

Bob Foster

That Mytee website shows a suggested list of $425 but I bet you can find it for less. Lots of Mytee dealers here on the board so just pick your favorite.

R

rotovacguy

Those are the ones I was looking at. I did notice on the Mytee website that they make 2 versions, a 2700 cfm model, and a 4700 cfm model, I believe. What model do you have, Bob?

Downdrafts just seem to be much more versatile than the snails I presently own, but need to save some coin, as they are not exactly cheap! :D

I saw Powr Flite makes a downdraft rated at 9800 cfm, that must be like a dang hurricane popping that beast on. Probably overkill in most residences, but probably works great on larger commercial jobs. Anybody try one of those?

Name
Nate W.
rotovacguy said:
Those are the ones I was looking at. I did notice on the Mytee website that they make 2 versions, a 2700 cfm model, and a 4700 cfm model, I believe. What model do you have, Bob?

Downdrafts just seem to be much more versatile than the snails I presently own, but need to save some coin, as they are not exactly cheap! :D

I saw Powr Flite makes a downdraft rated at 9800 cfm, that must be like a dang hurricane popping that beast on. Probably overkill in most residences, but probably works great on larger commercial jobs. Anybody try one of those?

I've heard that the power flite down draft is a bitch to carry (from a local cleaner). He wants $150 for it, rarely uses it but it is big. I think the specs said it was 50pounds. I was thinking about getting it but it might be big.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
There are alot of things not on our site. I wish Lora had more time to add everything but it is what it is. With that I love Mytee. I sell a bunch of their stuff BUT the airpath is a superior product. Saving $100 isn't that big of a savings when you compare them side by side.

Name
Nate W.

I'm have to agree with you on 1 point Big John. Air path does work better on carpet then Mytee's one, but Mytee's seems to be more versatile then the airpath. Smaller, more compact, more room in the van, and still has a big kick for it's size. Using it to dry carpet, is just one benefit from that. The Air path is only made to dry carpet. Imho.

Bob Foster

Mytee makes two sizes of these units. The one I have is the larger one which is a 16" diffuser, they also make a smaller one with a 12" diffuser.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Don't get me wrong i'll sell them to anyone that wants one. I just want to be real clear that it is NOT an airpath. I love mytee products this one just isn't my favorite when it goes head to head with whom it is trying to compete with.

Again i'm not knocking Mytee I LOVE Mytee they are my go to for any portable extractor, i'm just telling it like it I see it on this particular product.

Name
steve snail
I have owned 3 of the Mytee downdraft dryers for a year or so. Like John says, no airpath, however, they do the trick for me. Stack-able, small footprint and customers like the fact that they are on wheels. I leave 'em behind all the time, pick them up the next day.

Name
Nate W.
hogjowl said:
Vortex owners don't need no teeny fans to help dry carpet.

I would hope not. With all the money you spent on it, you don't have enough to afford a air path. Also, as lazy as you are not doing dry strokes, I know you wouldn't carry in a air path.

:twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom