Mytee shelf system

TimP

Does anyone have pictures of the mytee shelves installed in a regular van?

I am wanting to put new shelves in my van since the ones in the van are rusted badly. I like the mytee ones because I know they wont rust, but I'm thinking I'll probably only be able to put 2 shelves instead of having 3 shelves like a normal chemical rack. I really would like 3. Anyways I want to see pictures to see what it looks like.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
2 is all you get in a Van. Now a box Truck you can get 5 or six in there and a Trailer you can get 4

TimP

I'd like to see what it looks like. I'm thinking I might be able to buy 3 shelves and cut part of the third one so I can get a third level. Kinda like the shelf system in a van. But to see if it's possible I need to know the exact dimensions of the whole thing and how high the brackets are.

How have stainless shelves held up for others with rust? These powder coated steel ones are a joke if you ask me.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We used to sell our vans with steel shelving in them (after repainting) but we move stainless shelves to the newer truck. As long as the shelves are made from a decent quality stainless there are no issues.

TimP

I'm considering the ss shelves interlink sells, anyone have any experience with theirs?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
My adrian steel shelves weighted a TON, had 3 plus partition that I sold. Been looking for the mytee ones too.

Name
John LaBarbera
I try and do some picture tomorrow and post them. I'll show a tape measure along side so you can get a feel for the fit for your van.

TimP

I really like the idea of the plastic shelves. But losing a row of chemicals for storage is a deal breaker for me.

That's why I'm now leaning towards the stainless shelves. I really want the plastic ones. Too bad they weren't designed fit the same way the metal shelves are.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
here are mine installed in a trailer

003-5.jpg

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
TimP said:
I really like the idea of the plastic shelves. But losing a row of chemicals for storage is a deal breaker for me.

That's why I'm now leaning towards the stainless shelves. I really want the plastic ones. Too bad they weren't designed fit the same way the metal shelves are.

I know what you mean, but than got me thinking, how much chems do we really need in the van at all times?

Steve's setup is real nice.

Name
Nate W.
Mines is no where near as nice as Steve G. setup is, but it's in a regular size Ford E250. My first setup and TM I did myself. I'm still figuring out different setups to change mines around. I do like the shelves and had a bottle of something spill. Good thing it was on the bottom shelf as it would have leaked through to the second shelf if it was on the top. It's didn't rust or anything.

100_1460.jpg

100_1457.jpg

100_1456.jpg

100_1455.jpg

TimP

Nate do you think if you only had the very bottom part of another shelf would a gallon bottle fit between the roof and the thickness of the bottom part of the shelf and still be able to put the bottle in and take it out. In other words if you got a 3rd shelf and cut off the part above the the part that holds the bottle? To me it looks like it just might work.

It looks like Mytee could do good to make a top cap shelf that only has just the bottom for vans if there is room.

Name
John LaBarbera
TimP said:
Nate do you think if you only had the very bottom part of another shelf would a gallon bottle fit between the roof and the thickness of the bottom part of the shelf and still be able to put the bottle in and take it out. In other words if you got a 3rd shelf and cut off the part above the the part that holds the bottle? To me it looks like it just might work.

It looks like Mytee could do good to make a top cap shelf that only has just the bottom for vans if there is room.

Hi Tim,

You're right, and we have thought of that. But at this time we have no money. "No mon, no fun" as my mother-in-law used to say. To make another mold is very expensive. It's less expensive to just cut off the top with a saber saw.

Name
Nate W.
John LaBarbera said:
TimP said:

Hi Tim,

You're right, and we have thought of that. But at this time we have no money. "No mon, no fun" as my mother-in-law used to say. To make another mold is very expensive. It's less expensive to just cut off the top with a saber saw.

I believe it would fit. I intended to use 3 shelves, but they didn't fit. I did push the shelves against the wall of the van and didn't have to use the side supports that come with it to keep it from falling. Because it's so close to the wall, when I tightened the top shelf down, compression holds it in place.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Tim;

We like the Mytee shelves for our TM installs.

Here is a photo of the SS 3-shelf:
08rear534.jpg

It only has the bottom of the 3rd top shelf.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom