Mytee Speedster 1003dx tripping circuits (with converter)

Rick4Life

Hey everyone,

I was well aware of the problems with this machine in regards to tripping customers circuits, which is why you need to get an electrical converter so you can plug the electrical cords into their dryer outlet.

Yesterday I purchased the Mytee 3-prong and 4-prong electrical converters. I used the 4-prong converter today and tripped it 4 times in one room. My options are to reduce down to 1 vac and use two heaters, or go with 2 vacs and no heat in order for it not to trip.

Does anyone have any tips on what I should do? I'm going to call Mytee tomorrow, but this is not acceptable.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Re: Mytee Speedster 1003dx tripping circuits (with converter

4 prong into what more details......

Bjorn

check the amp draw on the pump the bearing could be going also check the brushes on the vac motors could be drawing more amps

not all 230 dryer outlets are the same some have one leg stronger than the other

Rick4Life

I cleaned a buddies house a week or so ago and it was tripping the circuits just as frequent as it did on this. Could you also have a bad electrical cord? It is only coming from one electrical cord. It seems that vac 1 and heater 1 are both getting juice through it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

so then the problem is not in mytees product..it is in your machine....bad cord...

are you using extension cords...could be a few problems odin said...

loose or bad cord cap...

Name
John LaBarbera

Just call us, we'll be glad to help sort this out for you. 858-679-1191 Talk to Nathan X206

I'm sure Nathen P. can help you. I had the same problem with mine and ended up not running heaters, but you can preheat solution tank by just tuning on the heaters and pump . Then run the heated water back in to the fresh tank for a few minuts . That will give you some hot water to work with, then shut heat off when you start cleaning.

BTW I'll bet Odin is right on the pump , cause he's a jen Io US.

Name
John LaBarbera

Odin said:
check the amp draw on the pump the bearing could be going also check the brushes on the vac motors could be drawing more amps

not all 230 dryer outlets are the same some have one leg stronger than the other

Also check the amp draw on the individual heaters

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy

Heaters on portables are just a waste of amp draw... They sound nice but never seem to work out. Next time just get another vac motor.

jimmyolas

We use mytee converters for flood jobs when we need more juice. I only tripped it once using the Elimanator Heater thing that has 4 cord heater ( like etes, but better)
i believe those are at least 20 amps per circuit on that converter.
IMG_0986.jpg
IMG_0985.jpg

jimmy
San diego Water Damage

Name
Nate W.

I have never tripped a 3 or 4 pronge converter box. My converter box only has 2 outlets on it. It ran our electric workmaster truckmount with no problems. Same with the portable. It sounds like your using 3 cords on the box? Overloading the box. I run 4 cords whenever I use my portable with no converter box (stack washer and dryers are a pain to move).

If you got a Mytee HotBox, it works fine on its own circuit 15amp gfci. Do you have a heater in the portable? I'd use the converter box for the machine & internal heater, and a separate circuit for the external heater. also, fill up your portable with hot tap water to start. !gotcha!

Rick4Life

I am only plugging two cords into the converter. The two that plug right into the machine.

Name
Nate W.

Rick4Life said:
I am only plugging two cords into the converter. The two that plug right into the machine.

I see. I'm SOL for ya... Sorry..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom