Nasty rental over time

TimP

Ok so I cleaned this place a while back using some juice the board was pushing at the time and I wasn't happy with the results. I just recently got a call back to clean it again. It was filthy, perhaps worse than before the first time I cleaned it. I used my normal high PH cleaner this time and extracted with my RX-20. I figured it would be interesting to see the difference in results over a year or two time period since I cleaned it before.

This was the most recent cleaning. Photo taken with my droid 1 phone.
IMG_20110401_152721.jpg

This was the result a couple years ago. With glided wand. Picture taken with a point and shoot camera.
IMG_3782.jpg

As you can see the first cleaning wasn't too good cause of the junk tlc'er, in my opinion. I still have every bit of it except what was used on this job......

TimP

juniorc82 said:
Did you pre scrub either of them?

As if I'd do that for a trashed rental trailer. :roll:

Hell, it didn't even get a prevac. Spray and suck my friend.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I wouldn't right off that first prespray yet. Your second shot at it with your other prespray didn't come out much better. Try it again on something that doesn't need to be replaced and you might be surprised.
That there carpet is history. Looks all matted.
My droid camera takes the same shitty pics.

TimP

Goomer said:
I wouldn't right off that first prespray yet. Your second shot at it with your other prespray didn't come out much better. Try it again on something that doesn't need to be replaced and you might be surprised.
That there carpet is history. Looks all matted.
My droid camera takes the same shitty pics.

There is a difference. And I think the carpet was dirty before hand than the time before. The point was it was cleaner than the first time even with 2 years of extra filth on top of it.

here was the previous before. I didn't take one this time, but it was worse this time.
IMG_3777.jpg

Yes the carpet is wore out but you have to remember this is a rat nasty rental house that gets trashed. Replacing the carpet isn't going to be worth it ever. Lets just say the people who live in these places are equivalent to having pigs live in them. Remember this is considered lower Alabama and that was a rat nasty carpet before hand.

To me it sounds like you've never dealt with true rat nasty carpet and rentals. This place will look like that again in probably 6 months even with new carpet.

Name
jack zerkie
That looks like many of my regular jobs weekly. Try some Cobbs pre spray and put enough down to do the job and extract and see the difference. The definition of trashed is what each person see it as. Your above photos are to some people normal as the way they live and say the carpets not bad by their standards.Don,t give up you can try many ways and things and find a new combo on this type of job.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
TimP said:
To me it sounds like you've never dealt with true rat nasty carpet and rentals.

Dude, I'm in NYC.

What makes you think the prespray made the difference more than the RX?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
For staining like that, a pre-spray with oxygen in it would help considerable. Removing soil in those trashed places is easy, its that staining that isn't. If your pre-spray doesnt have oxygen in it then adding hydrogen peroxide will help a lot.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I would of pre-scrubbed it.

Just wasn't cleaned up to my standards.

Remember, rat nasty or whatever.

You are supposed to be a carpet CLEANER??

TimP

Dave Yoakum said:

If the renters DGAS then why should I go out of my way for a low paying job to make it perfect. The carpet will look like crap in a few months like I said. I think some of you people think too highly of yourselves and your customers. The carpet needed replacement, no matter if I pre-scrubbed or whatever I still wouldn't get on the carpet regardless and why should I work so hard. The owner was very happy, my competition would of done less. I gave a lower price for less work. It's not always about doing the best job you can in all situations it's about making money and making a customer happy. Trust me I've been cleaning long enough to know how to do a better job and what could of been done. I give different levels of cleaning, rental carpet gets whatever gets the job done fastest. Adding O2 costs me more money and isn't required to make a happy client. I think all of the people who criticize need to get a life. The point was the end result was better the second time around.

Just because you guys wont rest and wont look up the previous post I made about this. It was the mixed rite high ph prespray. This I used traffic slam.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
When you post pictures and the carpet still looks like chit. I makes cleaner think you may be looking for some tips.

Which is what you are recieving.

As far as your attitude:
Just hope that the restaurants you eat at, the places that service your car and other service providers you deal with, don't think the way you do.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
i good prespray like grease eater from magic wand would have cleaned the carpet by itself.. all you would have had to do is spray it down then suck.. you wouldnt of even needed to agitate it.. And it would have been like new.. Its all in your chems... I fyou have good chems you dont have to work hard anyways.. We never prescrub, because of our chems and it looks like new everytime

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
This is why I'll never get rich in this business. There is no way I could leave a job in that condition and if for some reason that was the best I could do I wouldn't charge a dime for it.

I just happened to have ran into one like that last week. I was hired by a property manager(I had never worked for this one before). A trailor on a dirt road not cleaned ( or probably vacuumed) in over ten years. The pm hammered me on price she had a quote from a big franchise that was $100 cheaper than my discounted pm rate but they couldn't get to her on time. I agreed to discount it by $40, thinking I'd just pre-spray and extract. It was half way through before I realized it was looking crappy. I reapplied the pre-spray to the whole thing and scrubbed with my rotary then extracted. HUGE difference. In the end the pm offered to pay my original quoted price and said she felt guilty for hammering me on price in the first place. She said I was her cleaner from now on and she referred me to another pm while I was still there.

The truth is all that only added probably about 30-45 minutes to the job and would have been less time than that if I would have pre-scrubbed from the beginning. To me it was worth it and would have been worth it even had the pm been a tool. I can't have somebody seeing that after the fact and knowing it was me that left it that way. You know the owner/tenant is not telling them about the fact they were being cheap so they'll just assume I do crappy work.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
joey895 said:
This is why I'll never get rich in this business. There is no way I could leave a job in that condition and if for some reason that was the best I could do I wouldn't charge a dime for it.

I just happened to have ran into one like that last week. I was hired by a property manager(I had never worked for this one before). A trailor on a dirt road not cleaned ( or probably vacuumed) in over ten years. The pm hammered me on price she had a quote from a big franchise that was $100 cheaper than my discounted pm rate but they couldn't get to her on time. I agreed to discount it by $40, thinking I'd just pre-spray and extract. It was half way through before I realized it was looking crappy. I reapplied the pre-spray to the whole thing and scrubbed with my rotary then extracted. HUGE difference. In the end the pm offered to pay my original quoted price and said she felt guilty for hammering me on price in the first place. She said I was her cleaner from now on and she referred me to another pm while I was still there.

The truth is all that only added probably about 30-45 minutes to the job and would have been less time than that if I would have pre-scrubbed from the beginning. To me it was worth it and would have been worth it even had the pm been a tool. I can't have somebody seeing that after the fact and knowing it was me that left it that way. You know the owner/tenant is not telling them about the fact they were being cheap so they'll just assume I do crappy work.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Joey, I just shows (as most of us here already know.)

That going above and beyond the call of duty pays off in the long run.

(and most of the time it only takes a few minutes difference.)

It work for you and it works for me.

That is why I have far more reviews that any of the other cleaners in my area and It gives me great long term new clients everyday because of it.

A

amazingcleansc

purple power, oxy clean and a 350rpm floor machine with a red pad baby!

you'll have that sucker sparkling in no time!

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
TimP said:
Dave Yoakum said:

If the renters DGAS then why should I go out of my way for a low paying job to make it perfect. The carpet will look like crap in a few months like I said. I think some of you people think too highly of yourselves and your customers. The carpet needed replacement, no matter if I pre-scrubbed or whatever I still wouldn't get on the carpet regardless and why should I work so hard. The owner was very happy, my competition would of done less. I gave a lower price for less work. It's not always about doing the best job you can in all situations it's about making money and making a customer happy. Trust me I've been cleaning long enough to know how to do a better job and what could of been done. I give different levels of cleaning, rental carpet gets whatever gets the job done fastest. Adding O2 costs me more money and isn't required to make a happy client. I think all of the people who criticize need to get a life. The point was the end result was better the second time around.

Just because you guys wont rest and wont look up the previous post I made about this. It was the mixed rite high ph prespray. This I used traffic slam.

Where's the fun in not giving it your best game? This sport is supposed to be FUN, right?

Seems you're burning out. Find another sport.

I would raise your prices so you never have to do that stuff again. That should be replaced. I will be willing to bet that ever stain will pop back up in a month. Those look like spillls that are in the pad as well.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I would say you'd need to do the test with the same tool. Rx wins when up against a wand IMO.

Albert

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I can appreciate where you're coming from Tim, hear it a lot.
The stance I take with renters is that I'm not cleaning it for them, I'm cleaning it for the next person moving in. If they walk in and the carpet is looking like crap, it better be because it was someone else that cleaned it. I can't afford someone saying I do subpar work. I've turned down jobs where they were willing to pay me 65cents/sf because I knew it just wasn't worth cleaning it. I told that client to invest in new carpet.

And in the end, I would give it my basic "wernering" cleaning, just because. If a job is worth doing, its worth doing it right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom