natural cleaning products

Cameron1

Met with a new Client today that has children with autoimmune disorders. She wants me to clean her carpets with some type of organic cleaner or anything that is natural and safe.

The problem is that the carpets, wool rugs, and furniture are fairly soiled and spotted. I want to help her, but certainly do not want to do anything that might harm her children. Anyone have a product that they cam recommend?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
tell her that Arsenic and Hurricanes are natural also. "Natural" isn't always better.
With that said, Procyon is a green labeled product that works well but eats brass after a year or two. I used to used it and liked it except for the eating the brass part.

The Preacher

i just tried Soap Free and was impressed by how well it worked. i have some of Steves Green Encap on order.

does John G still make Abstraction???

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Jon Don's Planet Guard worked surprisingly well.

2008_0715CarpetCleaning0027.jpg

2008_0715CarpetCleaning0024.jpg

Name
I'm Rick James
Bi-O-Kleen would be the best bet for you and it is WELL known. If your not going green than your already falling behind...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve said:
Met with a new Client today that has children with autoimmune disorders. She wants me to clean her carpets with some type of organic cleaner or anything that is natural and safe.

The problem is that the carpets, wool rugs, and furniture are fairly soiled and spotted. I want to help her, but certainly do not want to do anything that might harm her children. Anyone have a product that they cam recommend?

I have little to no experience with those type disorders.
I had a couple custys with severe alergic reactions to most all detergents and anything with fragrance.

Here's a suggestion that may help.
Get the name of the manufacture that makes her soaps/shampoos, dishwashing liquid and and laundry detergents.
Maybe they have a product you can use.
What about her laundry detergent? the kids are well with it?

I'd gladly be called a hack for using her laundry detergent as a pre-spray followed by mega hot mega flush/rinse stokes with clear clean water...

...L.T.A.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
We've gone with Judson's 02 in a situation like this, and followed up with our allergy relief chemicals. We only used 02 because it was nasty the first time.

Masterblend complete line of Anti Allergen products, you can even sell her on the laundry detergent.

Offcourse you wouldn't be charging your regular rates.

The dillution ratio is pretty high, so you're still making $ N not wasting too much chems on 1 job.

I'd do a 3-4 month maintenance program on her as well.

Walt

I deal with many customers like this. Some of them think they have a "condition" and others really do. Do not underestimate the seriousness of either. I would only use some thing that she approves first. Many of these types of people are very knowledgeable about what is cleaners that can harm them. So do not try to pass something off as safe if you are not sure. Absolutley do not use something with a synthetic fragrance.

I would recommend BioKleen. She certainly is already aware of there products and may already be using some of them (that is a huge confidence builder for her).

Just use fiber glow liquid (four ounces per gallon as a prespray). You will probably need to boost it with 1 ounce per gallon of BOK oxybleach and one ounce of there Citrus/Soy product. Prespray normal to heavy and rinse with fiberglow powder or just hot water. You should probably scrub this in and let it dwell. Bac Out and Citrus Soy as spotters.

If the spots are hers (not the previous tenant) they are most likely easy to get out . She shouldn't have red dye spots if she is sensitive to chems. With practice, I think you will be surprised at how much comes out.

And lastly, don't be afraid to charge on this. These types of customer are used to paying extra for these services.

good luck!

GRHeacock

Steve- Once you- get her furnishings cleaned, I suggest putting her on a fairly frequent maintenance basis. Perhaps as frequent as 2 months. The object is to not let her furnishings get appreciably soiled.

This will minimize potential hazards from the soiled furnishings.

And I too recommend Bi-O-Kleen products.

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom