Natural Stone?

danbrown

Posted this job over on Dirtygrout but figured you guys might like to see this project:

Had a great job this week restoring some Carrara marble counters. We started at 50 and went to 3500. I finished it off with MB12.

I used both a Milwaukee and a Makita on this and it sure is nice having an extra polishing setup to use + the Milwaukee is just more of a pleasure to use during powder polishing.

This was my most extensive countertop refinish as of yet and there were a few areas that I wasn't completely satisfied with. Particularly edging in some places and some random artifacts here and there. However the customer is absolutely thrilled and will certainly spread the word about us for a long time. I'm going back on Tuesday to fill 2 seams with poly resin and do a sand and enhance on the soapstone sink too

picture-005.jpg

picture-023.jpg

picture-016.jpg

picture-024.jpg

picture-028.jpg

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
nice work Dan...MB-12 is awesome stuff...BTW why did u start at 50g on a counter? scratches or etching that deep?

danbrown

Bee Busy said:
nice work Dan...MB-12 is awesome stuff...BTW why did u start at 50g on a counter? scratches or etching that deep?

I started at 50G when we did the demo for her. I went in and presented her with 2 options - powder polish or hone and polish. We then demo'd both and the clear winner was honing and powder polishing. There were some deeper gouged areas around the sink that were not completely removed, but I was pleasantly surprised to not be able to find any remaining scratch patterns from the resins when all was said and done. I think that any of the "artifacts" and irregular areas left on the counter were on account of novice use of the MB12.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
yeah i always start at 220 and up...MB-12 is a wet to dry MPC...i was clueless at first... then Maurizio BBQ'd me on how it's properly done like he always did LOL...

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have my first complete large job on some 15 year old marble that some dumbass applied wax to four years ago. Will be using a mix of cheetah and monkey pad and hopefully comes out good. Will take some pics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom