NEC (National Electrical Code)

Brett

Looking at some of the NEC codes, saw that most commonly used breakers are rated for 80% of their nominal capacity for 3 hours or more continous running. That means a 20 amp breaker is rated for 16 amps under those conditions and 15 amp for 12. If you run your equipment for a long time, your sure stressing your customers electrical, probably even if you don't go to max time. There are 100% nominal breakers available, but tearing apart customers panel to see if it has them doesn't sound like much fun. Not to mention most residential plugs are 15 amps regardless if they are on 20 amp breakers. I also saw that 14 guage extension cord is rated for 18 maps max. My Recoil with 14 ga pulls 19 no load with the 2 stage and 3 stage vacs running. Would of been nice to get 12 ga cord on it from MFG. The new vacs like the M5 uses pull 12.5 amps I believe. Ok for 1 vac and cord and 1 vac and pump, but guys trying to add 3 of these new vacs plus pump on two cords sounds a little risky, but maybe they will figure out a way to do it safely. Always check with licensed electrician and city for current codes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom