Need a 1x4"+3x5" Drive Pulley

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Got a Kawasaki 31hp (1.125" shaft) to repower my old PowerClean. Need a drive pulley with three five-inch groves to turn the 47 Roots DSL blower 1:1 and one four-inch groove so as not to redline the Cat 3CP pump. Can get a four-groove 4.125" pulley from Motion Industries, but it would underdrive the blower (it has a five-inch pulley, which is the minimum), and slightly overdrive the Cat 3CP at 3,000 rpm.

Appreciate (almost) any ideas.

FredC

Village Idiot
You can't run two pulleys?

edit
ACAEBCB0-9C8C-419F-82C1-1FEEDA31251D.jpeg

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny

edit
View attachment 105334

edit
View attachment 105334
Thanks, Fred. I had asked that of the service manager at Empire Floor Machine who is a former Pro Chem engineer. (I bought the engine at Empire, a Kawasaki distributor.) He has installed this engine in many machines. He told me two pulleys wouldn't work well, I think because the key wedges holding the pulleys to the shaft wouldn't stay tight.

Last edited:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Thanks, Fred. I had asked that of the service manager at Empire Floor Machine who is a former Pro Chem engineer. (I bought the engine at Empire, a Kawasaki distributor.) He has installed this engine in many machines. He told me two pulleys wouldn't work well, I think because the key wedges holding the pulleys to the shaft wouldn't stay tight.
Just spoke to the service manager again. I must have misunderstood him. He said I can use two pulleys and drive the swedges in opposite directions on the shaft.

But it would be more convenient to have one pulley with the two diameters, because I might need to move the pump a little to make room between the two pulleys.

Last edited:
Reactions: FredC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom