Need a blower for my Prochem Performer...

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I need to replace the blower on my performer. Has the 4 blower on it, not the 45... Question: Can I put a 45 blower on the regular Performer if it's not the 405 model?

I'd also like to have the knuckle valve-i think its called? Anyone have experience with doing this upgrade?

Name
Lee Stockwell
The regular blower is the 45, with 2.5" plumbing.

The 405 uses a 47 with 3" plumbing. Same belt configuration, but the blower is 2" deeper, meaning the "back" legs of the blower are not in the same place as the 45. Frame is drilled for both.

Marty thinks I google this....

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
OK, so putting the 47 blower on this would require some reconfiguring of the hose sizes, hose connectors and the bracket that holds the blower in place... Is it worth it?

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a 45 blower?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I would assume you use this machine single wand?? even the performer 405 is NOT a dual wand machine, maybe a wand and an upholstery tool but thats it. the point is I don't think its worth the trouble, you are not going to see enough extra vacuum with the 405 blower to make much difference in a single wand situation. if you need more vac single wand, just run the machine on high.

also the kunkle on our machines is a waste pretty much, the factory relief valve on prochems is actually a pretty good unit. I got this info from greenie himself. I think the knunkle sees more benefit on smaller machines too.

Ryan

Ben how many trucks do you run? Just curisoity.... I saw your marketing sight looks well built.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Doc Holliday said:
He flushed it out, before that it was working fine. :twisted:

:lol:

MSG...or 90 weight GeAr LuBe... :shock:

If it is LocKeD-Up...I would suggest..Wrap it in a blanket..fill it full of ASTROGLIDE...And
play Barry White music for 24 hrs...Rinse with CoVaSia... Then a TaXi ride to the other
side of TOWN.... :wink:

Ryan

I flushed my blower this morning and got a ton of crap out. I don't see how because I use a panty hose before my filter and have a blower filter. I think my shut off switch has been stuck a few times though. After you flush 'er do you just spray with WD or should I lube it with something else?

Edit: thread hijack sorry

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ryan said:
I flushed my blower this morning and got a ton of crap out. I don't see how because I use a panty hose before my filter and have a blower filter. I think my shut off switch has been stuck a few times though. After you flush 'er do you just spray with WD or should I lube it with something else?

Edit: thread hijack sorry

Run the unit until it is completely DRY...Then wd 40... :wink:

Ryan...I always mix a little "Simple green"..in the flush...When the suds are Clean..
your blower is clean...Then rinse with clean water until there is NO suds..Run until
blower is dry...then WD 40... :wink:

CAUTION...always introduce the MIX into the blower in small proportions...and let it clear the blower..before adding more mix...TOO much mix at one time creates "Back Pressure on the blower"

glenboy

Name
GLEN
could u all tell me the procedure for flushing your blower ,,are u followin bawbs advice ?or wat?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
glenboy said:
could u all tell me the procedure for flushing your blower ,,are u followin bawbs advice ?or wat?

Hi Glen..

We are hijacking Bens thread...Sorry Ben.. :oops:

Glen you can pm me or call me 352-588-2499... :wink:

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi

I rebuild blowers for our own use, of rebuilding Butler TM's for sale. Right now I have 2 Roots 4.5's rebuilt. One has holes drilled for Butler belt tensioner, the other does'nt. I can sell them for $800 + shipping each, with a 6 month (no abuse) warranty. The probem is they must ship big truck.

So if your need mid TN, and need one we can also install for $40 an hour.

Thx,
Dale

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
bensurdi said:
OK, so putting the 47 blower on this would require some reconfiguring of the hose sizes, hose connectors and the bracket that holds the blower in place... Is it worth it?

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a 45 blower?

YES it is...worth it... even if you DIDN'T upgrade the waste tank inlet...it is STILL worth it....EASY SWAP

as for mounting.....it you turn the legs IN on a 47..they fit the SAME holes as a 45
every thing else is EZACTLY THE SAME!

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
The standard performer has smaller diameter blower exhaust plumbing through the silencer, vac exhaust HX chamber, and the vac exhaust outlet than the Performer 405. The Performer waste tank also has smaller diameter internal plumbing than a 405. Without opening up these items up I imagine you would not have a significant increase performance.

Just my observation with no knowledge of the vacuum dynamics. Maybe one of the engineering gurus will chime in and answer your question Ben.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
a 47 blower thru 2 1/2"...
WILL put out more CFM...than
a 45 thru the same.....

not ideal...
but a heck of a lot better than buying another 45!

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
That looks like a top post blower. The one on my machine is a side post. Will that make any problems for installing?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
bensurdi said:
That looks like a top post blower. The one on my machine is a side post. Will that make any problems for installing?
unbolt the legs(two bolts apiece) and move them to the side....
so simple that even Marty could do it...
i've bought several items from Frank...and he's a stand up guy...talks a little funny...
PLUS....he's jus outside of Nashville!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I got one sitting on my 405 Performer thats sitting in the garage. It would probably be too pricey to ship cross country. Plus, I'm thinking it needs a bearing.....

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Big HUGE thank you to Joe Harper. The guy knows what he is doing with these machines and helped me out big time yesterday...

Joe: Flushing it made it almost normal. But theres definately something flopping around in there. Seems like it's probably a bearing or something.

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to replace it still. But it improved A Lot after yesterday.

THANK YOU JOE!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Any of these work?

BLOWER LOBE-TYPE
1 1235 CFM TRI-LOBE TL-105 BLOWER
BLOWER LOBE-TYPE
1 ROOTS ROTARY LOBE BLOWER MODEL 412JV RCS WISP AIR
BLOWER LOBE-TYPE
1 SIZE 8 X 24V - 3000 FULLER CO. ROTARY LOBE BLOWER

Latest posts