Need a deal on a Vortex?

G

Actually , I have the round tanks . And I got an even better deal on mine plus 260 - 270 heat with no breakdowns in 3 years.

Having looked at 10 - 12 others while looking to add another truck , I finally settled for a Butler because I couldnt find one in as good a shape as my first.

Chris A

Name
Chris
so you bought yours and had few repairs? I think you are the exeption, although I see it only has 2000 hours.

G

I went right to work with mine , although a month later I didnt notice the pto was leaking fluid and burned up the trans - got it rebuilt for 1800.00 .

I have replaced brakes and thats about it.

James Cooper

Greenie

I know Shawn used to advertise the 56 as the "base blower" but I don't think he ever had one built with a 56, only the 59 on all the older trucks.

Name
BradFenstermaker
That truck looks in exceptional shape.

Have heard the front mounted H2O tanks are very hard on the front end of the UD.

Would be fine if you only went with 140 gals of water.

Greenie

That truck looks to be in really good shape for a 2000.

Note: remove from the tullie weeds before photographing. :shock:

ps: the best thing about those square tanks, is you can mount one of my Dual 2.5" elbow manifolds on the lid easily and unleash that 59.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I just bought one (old ragged out venturi 777 with tank agianst wall ) about a month ago for about $9000 and so far have put about 120 hours of repair labor, and about $4000 in parts. I have replaced the brakes, shocks, all filters, all oils, pillow blocks on the shaft from pto, the shaft from pto, all the belts, all solution fittings, both dump valves and i took out the vaccum hose reel - burned it and powder coated it yellow and black and reasembled then installed. I also added two hannay solution reels and I am currently building a new control panel. The control panel is based off of the 7000HAT control panel and will look almost identical seeing as i purchased the panel from chuck over there at blueline, but i had to change a few of the controls because of application. I also took the POS! old EDV off and had a my welder build me a new one. I am almost finished with the HX that i had built and will hopefully installing it tomorrow. I had it built to the same size and location as the old one was mounted but the difference is it will not be an oil heat transfer unit. Since I am in Texas I do not have freezing issues I decided to go with a direct exhaust exchanger , but just incase will be adding a small engine block heater style element so i can plug it up to an extension cord if needed. I have been reading and searching through post and noticed allot of you are very fond of 2-1/2" hose, so i also wanted to try it. I started by drilling two three and a quarter inch holes in the back of waste tank and welding aluminum threaded couplers with 90 degee elbows pointed down on the inside of waste tank. Then I took two three inch threaded stainless steel 316 nipples and screwed those in. Then I took two runs of 3" 316 stainless and ran it down into a stanless filter basket i had made, it is prochem style, and coming out of the filter box I put two 2-1/2" nipples and plumbed it to the external vac ports, that I also made new 2-1/2" 316 stainless, using 2-1/2" vac hose. If there is anything you guys think I missed please let me know thanks.

Greenie

dealtimeman said:
...I started by drilling two three and a quarter inch holes in the back of waste tank and welding aluminum threaded couplers with 90 degee elbows pointed down on the inside of waste tank. Then I took two three inch threaded stainless steel 316 nipples and screwed those in.

So why the Aluminum on the tank? And then the SS nipples screwed into the alum.?

Is your tank alum?

Name
George Valliant
Hi Dealtimeman,

While you’re at it you might as well throw in dual pressure regulators and a 3000 psi pump.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
What would be the added benefit of going with dual pressure regulators?

And even though it would be nice to have a pump capable of 3000 psi my hx will be rated close to 1600 psi so i couldnt use unless I bypass while at high psi.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I am sure mine was because it has two vinyl wraps and the bottom one is a venturi wrap. Also the throttle system was changed to the ventrui pull stradle type system. At least that is what Vlad at AT told me.

Name
George Valliant
It’s been a long time since I dual wanded but as I recall there was always pressure fluctuation going on. As one tech would release their trigger my pressure would go up and when they squeezed their trigger my pressure would go down. Do you know what I mean?

The XT offers dual pressure regulators as an option and think the new V’s have the option as well.

I feel true dual wand machines should have dual pressure regulators too. But, I don’t do enough dual wanding to really know so I’m sort a talking out my a$$.

Has anybody else noticed pressure fluctuations while dual wanding? Isn’t it a little annoying?

Ps. "Roger that" on the 1600 psi

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I will probably take your suggestion and go with dual pressure regs, i called in to the supply house and there not expensive or complicated to install.

Greenie

I think the way they are plumbed, one of the regulators is actually a reducer, so as long as wand B is running at the same or lower pressure as wand A, all is good.

G

Shawn York said:
That truck is a steal at that price. Even if it needs 5k in repairs.

Suprise,Suprise,kinda like a state worker here not liking a Republican Govenor

Greenie

Is that the same state worker, now making minimum wage? lol

Honestly...I thought that truck was easily worth $16K

G

You know Jeff,the only problem I have with them is when that salesman :lol: first started selling them,the selling point was longevity.15 year life span on the heating oil,well maybe you can use it to keep warm when the rest of it falls apart.I have a system that is from over 20 years ago(refurbished a little)so when they start getting older,we will see if they hold up,then we can praise them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom