Need a UV urine detection light

Name
Steve Lawrence
Sorry, I've done searches and haven't found enuf info.

What is everyone using these days? Don't want a cheapie.

Thanks,
Steve

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We have two of the $500 lights interlinc was selling last year. They where a Stanley light that was rechargeable. We make so much money with them.

I have not been able to find anything that has the same power. The fact they are cordless makes checking the whole house so easy.

I have had 2 small units and they just don't have the power.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Cobbs light is the shit, and better then the one you are using Tom, at half the price.. I have had mine for like 2 or three years and it has taken MANY drops and still kicking.. When people say FIFI only pissed here or there it's a great tool to show them how bad it really is!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
We have two of the $500 lights interlinc was selling last year. They where a Stanley light that was rechargeable. We make so much money with them.

I have not been able to find anything that has the same power. The fact they are cordless makes checking the whole house so easy.

I have had 2 small units and they just don't have the power.

huh...for once it aint just my posts that sound funky....

Abigail

Name
Stacy
Please confirm the nanometers that are best. I'm reading the 360-380 is much better but I don't understand it all. There is something about the visible light and florescence being better with the lower numbers.
I have a few 4 led stick type light I picked up a few years ago after Halloween to use the following year in the hallway for my kids. I have been using that to detect in my own home. But it only works if I bend down and am in very dark conditions.
Obviously I won't be using this, but I am confused as to what # of LED bulbs and what nanometer to get

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Ideally the power is centered around 385 to 395 nm wavelength. You don't want to see the visible light. That is not the portion of the spectrum that causes the "glow." You can search for more detailed posts on wavelength if you are interested in the science.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I made a long message about cobbs lights a couple months ago.

I have both lights, the 250 one and the 40 one. The $250 one works just as advertised, works without covering the windows and spots are very visible.

The 40 dollar light throws out so much visible blue light that you can't see many spots. So just to see I put on some yellow safety glasses. The safety glasses makes the 40 dollar light nearly as good as the 250 dollar light. So much so I purchased two more and made a kit that contained two pairs of glasses and the flashlight in a small case that I purchased on amazon. Looks very csi and now all my vans have a light.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Abigail;

It is not just the frequency of the light source.

It has a lot to do with the actual UV power that the light delivers.

Our inexpensive LED light ($39) has a 405nm LED which is OK,

but not as effective as the higher-power LED we use in our #DCUV8 light.

The glasses filter out the near-UV light so you can see the fluorescence more distinctly.

Larry

Last edited:

Abigail

Name
Stacy
Forgive my ignorance: the nanometers is the frequency and the led is the power. But the glasses are key to the use of a lower powered light? To compensate for the lack of led's?

Sorry for beating a dead horse, but I'm just trying to fully understand so I don't waste my money.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
no the glasses filter out the uv rays that your eyes might focus on....as I found out, mine pick up the visible light very easy, which distorts my view of the pee spot...

put the glasses on and BOOM...there they are...

Abigail

Name
Stacy
Floorguy, thanks! That's what I needed. Here I thought the glasses were for 'safety' sake only.
Thanks so very much!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom