Need advice

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I have an account where I clean 7 different buildings once per year with an occasional spotting. Keep in mind I only clean the carpet.

Sometime early this year the purchasing guy hired servpro to do the house cleaning in the executive offices only, no carpet cleaning.

When I call on 4-2 to get the go ahead on the carpet cleaning, he tells me not to clean the executive offices, I ask why, he doesn't answer.

I later find out by an employee that works for me part time, said that servpro cleaned the carpets in the executive offices, but the purchasing guy had refused to pay for it since it wasn't in the cleaning contract.

Now the cleaning I missed out on is about $300 bucks, should I call the dick at servpro and ask for my $300, clip the valve stems on his trucks or forget the whole thing?

The more I think about this, the more pissed I get.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
No contract? No gripe. If you have a contract I would ask myself how important is it too me to complain. I would ask to inspect the carpets on the exec floor and point out the problems after hours to the BM

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I think servpro just got his foot in the door for that business.

Did servpro try to charge them for the cleaning or do you think they were just trying to pad their bill?

I would only hope that the building manager would still be mad at servpro .And its your job to further make the manager pissed off at them.

But maybe servpro thought that the carpet had too much build up residue from your cimex SHAMPOO hack job?

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
Create a nice line at the door so they can see the difference between what you cleaned and what they did. Say nothing about the area. Just know that every time they walk through the door they will notice it. Who knows they may have you back to correct the issue. I feel that if you make a big stink you run the risk of losing the whole job.

Tony

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Jimmy boy

No cimex here, pure HWE and next year my new method. But Im not telling, it will sweep the cc industry.

Name
Jesse
Let it go. If they did it and tried to collect they obviously made them selves look bad. As others said just do a better job. As a janitorial service I have accounts that have their own carpet cleaner, and accounts where they have other janitorial services. There have been many times we have cleaned carpets that others had a contract for, free just to make it look good or make the customer appreciate us more. I've never thought of the other guys loss. I assume they might still come in on schedule and get paid and even get credit for our work as we only tell them we did it if they ask. I assume it's not too normal but whenever we have a gap in the carpet cleaning schedule we pick a account and clean for free. I feel it improves the appearance, my guys should get their hours, if you allow employees lag time when it's slow they get used to it, and my janitor won't have to vacuum that night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom