Need car detail advice, preping car so a friend can use is for Urbr, Lyft etc

Name
Lyon
So far I fogged the interior, about to steam it, 2005 Altima and I have a few small dents and dings, hope it passes inspection. I'd like to detail the paint to bring out the best shine. I haven't waxed a car since I had a 64 Impala 20 years ago. Any tips would be helpful.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
While agree with doc above for sure.

Source a product line called duragloss they sell it at parts plus auto parts stores.

They make almost all of zaino products for them and have the same products in their own line for about half of they price.

If you look up on google type duragloss and zaino and you will see countless people who as I, believe it is the same products with slightly different scents and product colors and different bottles. Again at half of the price!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Use a Cleaner Wax and a orbital pilisher. Not a high speed bad assed buffer!

Cheap, Effective and Protective

If it needs buffed and you aint never done it. Take it an have the exterior done.

Reactions: Moser Bros.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
First and foremost the car needs a complete claybar job. THAT will make the surface smooth as showroom cars...your hand will just glide on it...if you toss a dry towel on it, it will not stay- it will slip right off.

After that mabe you can put a coat of pretty much any of the wax produts. But once you see and feel what you can achieve with just claybar and the correct lubrication that comes with it, you will NOT want to wax at all. Inexpensive and easy. BUT you need to be careful not to jack up your clearcoat....or if you dropped the clay on the ground: you HAVE to throw it away. It will have particles sticking to it that will scratch your clear coat like crazy.

Put a large clean towel under the area where you claybaring- when (not if) you drop it it will be safe falling on the clean towel.

This is what I use to keep my vehicles smooth and shiny. http://www.mothers.com/02_products/07240.html

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Clay and all the products are the same. Just half price.

Richard since y'all are avid zaino users you should order the duragloss counter part and see if you see any difference.

Reactions: Moser Bros.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom