Need everyone that has had any issue with flash cuffs breaking to post here.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Seems there has been some breaking on the 2.5" cuffs and reducers and some on the 2". The braking is happening on the female side. Need ANYONE that has had this happen to either post or call me so I can get the information to the right people that can address this if it looks like it is going to be a big problem.

thanks

Reactions: Shorty

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I didn't get them from you John, but I'll post a pic tomorrow. I have a 2" female piece that cracked near the button. I still really like them but definitely not perfect.

The Clean Machine

Mikey P

Administrator
I had the Spring Ring from a 2.5 to 2 reducer fall out of our most used hose just today.

20140107_152341_zps5b91ce68.jpg

a few cracked rims too..View attachment 3619

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Need more pictures I know there are more then this. Going to make some calls to my locals. Sometimes people don't feel it is worth the hassle to "complain" but it isn't complaining and I personally take it serious but I can' do anything if I don't know about it.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
So far so good John.
Love These Things!!!!!

In these Cold temps we are babying them!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
8ama4abe.jpg

Here's my female 2" Flash Cuff. It has cracked in two places, on the rim and the piece that is connected to the release button. It has been stupid cold here this year so maybe that is it? It is also at the Devastator end of my lead hose so this particular piece is heavily used. By heavily used I mean almost daily for about 6 months....so not all that heavily used. I'm careful with my stuff but maybe I got jiggy with it at some point. It still works but I'm glad I ordered a few extra when I outfitted the 2 vans.

The Clean Machine

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Yeah, the honeymoon is over for me too. They have become increasingly difficult to pull apart also. I outfitted both of my vans less than a year ago. I wouldn't exactly call them garbage, but there is definitely room for some improvement. Those female ends are fragile, especially in cold weather.

The Clean Machine

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I said it when I bought the first set for one of the trucks but everyone said I was crazy, that's what tall get for not listening to me!

RDS

I have not had a problem with Joe Bristor. I just like the Cool Cuffs. I have had good luck with them.

RDS

I have bought several items from Joe. everything was quality and no problems . That has been my experience.

Mike Draper

I have one 2.5" cuff that has a cracked rim. After one year they still swivel awesome, come apart with one hand and don't leak air. Truthfully I should be thanking joe. Without his cuff nazi policy this flash cuff prolly would have never come to fruition.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
The flash cuffs are too brittle, make them more flexible like the cuff links were.

Make the plastic softer and they would be great.

Able 1

Name
Keith
WOW, these flash cuffs look like a total PileOS(can I still say that?)!! I'll stick with the cool cuffs.. I ran over a female cuff link with my van and it didn't even crack(it was very deformed though)! Female Cuff Link is chipped, but it still seals(these were the free ones I got for here)..LOL

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Got one or two cracked 2.5". Still use them. Some are hard to seperate. Keep a Wonder Bar handy.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Let a male drag on the road for couple miles.

Still werks : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Name
I'm Rick James
The male cuff cracked right down the middle.. I just figured it was because of the constant dropping from 3-5 feet on the hard cement or asphalt. I will say they sure are a lot better than mytee cuffs.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I ran over a female cuff link with my van and it didn't even crack(it was very deformed though)! Female Cuff Link is chipped, but it still seals(these were the free ones I got for here)..LOL

Looool, I did the same thing! Had to move the van and ran over one of the cuff links. Had no others w/me that day. Bent it back in shape and was able to finish!

The flash cuffs are great, just too brittle. And what's the point of an O-ring that wont stay put?

Reactions: Jeff Madsen

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom