Need healp dog urine smell

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Hey guys need some help. My dog has pissed on my rugs in my bed room a bunch of times. IT smells so bad that its burning my eyes. I used a urine treatment and then steam cleaned it but its still so potent the smell. It is residential carpet but the padding underneath is horse hair. Should I just cut out the affected padding out?

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Funny how guys who have only been doing this a few years write wise ass comments. Stay in business 5 years before you open your traps.

Burtz

no whats funny is your the so called expert and you don't know what to do
what would you do for one of your customers except refund the money you charged?

hire and expert

how far is that goooms guy from you?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I'll come down and take care of it if you like.
I'll even throw in deodorizer, a 19.99 value, absolutely free!!

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Your a bunch of dopes, I have used all different urine treatments. They are not working, I think it is uncorrectable, because it is horse hair. Do you dummies think I have never done a urine treatment job. I am doing this for a while now. The smell wont go away. I am asking for opinion and you guys act like this. I have probally done more jobs and made more money in my carpet cleaning career than the two of you. You are very very disrespectful.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Nylon but it has horse hair padding under it. I used odor x un duz it. I soaked the areas with it. I let it dewl for 30 min to an hour, then I extracted with clean free by bridgepoint. I was thinking of trying to do the same meathod but using osr tomorrow. If that dont work Im going to rip out the padding, but I would rather try to correct the smell.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
My bad, for some strange reason I got the idea that you were too busy building websites to know what you are doing. I guess I was mistaken.

2 things you need to do to fix this.

The horsehair has to go and your dog needs a foot in his arse.

Jtuseo said:
Your a bunch of dopes
:oops:

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
try some OSR by Pro's Choice with a small water claw then lightly deodorize with a lemon scent...works for me most of the time...or remove the pad.. seal back of carpet and floor with Killz, then do the treatment after

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I think I am going to do what the guy from the bronx says. I think the horse hair has to go. I never had much success when urine was in horse hair padding, but the dog is house trained now so she doesnt go tot he bathroom in the house. Tomorrow the padding is getting ripped out, I could only imagine what that pad is gonna smell like.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
because the piss is on the back of the carpet and if you have horsehair pad...then it's on the floor...it needs to sealed with a product like Killz

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Rugs need to be washed to remove all of the contaminants. If it's nylon, hose the thing down and apply the deodorizer on both sides of that thing. Surface cleaning ain't going to cut it.

I like Sapphire's Area Rug Deodorizer, and Bridgepoint's Hydrocide, and I've had luck with several others mentioned here.

The carpet and padding - I'll let the experts of that chime in. But I've seen how absorbent horse hair is... and the thought of it soaked in urine is gross - I'd pull it out for the ICK factor, but that's me.

Lisa

ascrubabove

Jtuseo said:
Funny how guys who have only been doing this a few years write wise ass comments. Stay in business 5 years before you open your traps.

OK, you have cleaned carpet for a year and a half longer than me, and you dont understand how urine travels or the affects it has on protien based fibers, or how to seal the flooring! How have you stayed in biz for five years?
Fill out your profile!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom