Need help with Bluewave starting problem

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I have a Blueline Bluewave. It has approx. 3000 hours on it. When I start at first job in the AM she starts up right away. After it's warmed up and running for a while on a job if I shut it down or when I go to the next job is where the problem is. If the machine shuts down while hot when I turn key to refire it it won't turn over. The fan starts and it "clicks" but won't turn over at all. I have to turn the key about 10 to 20 times and then it will normally fire right up like normal.

I'm afraid I'm going to wear out the ignition or something, or drain the battery because of this. Any idea what would cause this?

FredC

Village Idiot
check grounds/battery/starter/ignition connections

if connections are clean and tight I would guess the starter/solenoid is on its way out

Last edited:
Name
Ron lippold
There is a lot of ethanol in gas, it boils at 160 so when you are in between jobs it vaporizes in the carb. I would bet that's your problem.

try just cycling the key a half dozen to get some fuel in the bowl

Jimbo

Ditto what Fred said...especially if the machine has been sitting around for the last 2 years...fresh gas might help...clean all battery connection with a wire bush...cover them with 'NoLox'...a conductive grease...then give it a try...also spray some WD40 in the ignition key hole.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Same problem with the Genny at one time. Most likely loose or coroded battery terminals, although it may not be noticable. Pull em and clean em up.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Any luck yet Curt?? If the starter solinoid in convenient tap it with small hammer when it wont start. Pour some sprite on batt terminal and check that they are tight.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
My guess is a bad starter and or solenoid but I recently had one bad cell in the battery causing odd cranking issue.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I've tried all of the above, no luck yet. Still only happens when the machine has been running, like after first job. I'll keep working on it

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I had just about the same issue. I would do my first job run fine, go to second job or next day and wouldn't turn over, had to hook up jumpers to finish jobs.

Didn't think it could be a battery it was 6 months old...

Ended up paying 200 bucks to my wonderful disty to find out my new battery(under warranty) had a bad cell. Have the battery checked, take it to a napa or something.

Ignition where the key goes, Go to any autO parts store and get a new ignition with key under twenty dollars .
Although the starter I changed out several timers . That can be rebuilt as well as the radiator.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
could be an ignition module
i had the same thing on my boat drove me crazy
come to find out when some of the elect components get hot
they fail to work properly.
sounds very familiar situation
mine was an ignition module on the side of the distributor give me fits
i bet you have the same problem somewhere in a module somewhere

Latest posts