Need help with hose reel

KBRENNY

I just got a new box truck to put all my equipment from my old van in. The only problem I have found is that the rear opening
is not wide enough to put both my unit and hose reel facing out the back of the box. I am trying to avoid putting a side door
in at all cost and would like to find a hose reel that will hold at least 250 feet of 2" vac hose but is as narrow as possible.
The height is not an issue as the box is 6 1/2 feet tall inside. If anyone knows of such a reel please let me know. My current
reel is 22" wide and I only need to gain about 4" to make everything work so a reel with a total width of 18" would be great.
I am also open to any ideas or suggestions to make this work.

G

Here's a suggestion.....

Measure BEFORE you buy your next truck.

KBRENNY

I knew the current reel would not work with most box trucks but planned on putting in a side door.
The opening on my new door is much wider than most of the trucks I looked at ( 92" ).
This is so close to allow putting the reel and unit facing out the back that I have to at least give it some thought.

Trevor Truitt

What you are looking for is probably going to be custom made. Depending on where you are, you might look at buying hubs from a smaller mfgr. and getting it fabed locally.

Trevor

Scott Rogers

How wide is you TM?

Do you have one of those small 10 ft by 6 ft boxes?

How do you plan to get behind the unit to access the storage space?

If my mount was that wide or truck that skinny I would fork over the dough for the side door. You would be much happier in the long run.

With my box truck I can mount my unit and reel in the back door and still have 3+ feet between them.

KBRENNY

My TM is about 35" wide but my propane heater is bolted to the side of the unit and together they are about 49" wide.
My box has a rear opening of 92" but my reel is about 33" wide with the solution hose reel and connection.
I would like to have at least a 24" opening between them so i can fit my dehus inbetween them and put them in the box.
I was also thinking of air flow and with an air cooled engine here in texas I would be better off with a side door.
It would allow for more efficient cooling of the engine so I will now be looking for someone to put in a side door.
I am not crazy about the hinged doors and would like a roll up or pocket door setup.
If anyone out here knows someone in or around the Dallas area who does this let me know.

By the way: I went to Cobb's N.E. location today and after he had read this post the salesman there had a note
to let me know what reels were available in price and widths.

Thanks Larry for your help and customer service.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
can you unbolt the heater???

how about some pics so we can see the issues

danpauselius

Check out the Jon-Don website. They have a high profile hose reel that holds 250 ft of 2 in vac hose (just barely makes it on). I have this reel and think it would work well for you.

GRHeacock

My first Truck Mount back in 1976 came without reels.

I made a reel out of 1 sheet of marine plywood- 2 4 foot circles- and the frame out of 2 x 4s.

Don't remember the cost, but wasn't much.

You could do the same.

Gary

KBRENNY

Because of the summer heat here and air flow issues I am sure I will do a side roll up door now.
Contacted supreme corp and they will install it for $2000 or sell me the kit for a little over $500.
This is probably the best route for me.

Greenie

That 4HT is taking up a fair bit of room on the side like that, won't be an issue if you can side door mount it, might even put the hose reel next to it if the roll up door is wide enough (vortex style), then you ahve teh whole back open for Drying equip.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Could you mount the hose reel on the ceiling? We just did an install for a custy with a custom made reel mounted to the ceiling above his Bluewave in his Dodge Sprinter.

I can email you pics if you would like.

KBRENNY

Decided on going with the side door and have been busy gathering materials and hardware. Will post step by step pics once I am done .

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
My hose reel is mounted in front of my unit and the exhaust is run out the side

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom