need help with my 370SS

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't understand.

The machine works great now. I changed the belt and oil. :biggrin:
Thanks for everyone's help- especially @Justin Legend Brands who helped me by TMessage while off duty on a Sunday.
Oh **** off.. come on man what was the problem ?that was not the belt and oil ..fess up you had a kink'd hose or your water supply got turned off..

I'm betting one of the bedazzling bejeeling icons off them goofy pants fell in to your water supply and plugged up something

Last edited:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I think the system suffered a vaper lock of some sort.
The machine shut off when either the waste tank was full or when the water tank ran out of water. Which both happened.
I filled the water tank up, moved the van and began to clean again but the water pressure was low. I was thinking the system had too much air in it. I put a male QC to "drain the air" from the system through the solution outlet.
But I failed to check the inline filter which was clogged and not supplying enough water to the water box.
Everything I did just made the matter worse and was downhill from there.

In hindsight, I should have just checked the inline filter 1st.
This morning after cooling down the system started up and had pressure with no problem-- but I already had the machine apart so changed the belts and oil anyway.
That's why I think it was some sort of vapor lock issue.

Those pants are a chick magnet in this city-- they scream- Good Times Here! :icon_twisted: 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think the system suffered a vaper lock of some sort.
The machine shut off when either the waste tank was full or when the water tank ran out of water. Which both happened.
I filled the water tank up, moved the van and began to clean again but the water pressure was low. I was thinking the system had too much air in it. I put a male QC to "drain the air" from the system through the solution outlet.
But I failed to check the inline filter which was clogged and not supplying enough water to the water box.
Everything I did just made the matter worse and was downhill from there.

In hindsight, I should have just checked the inline filter 1st.
This morning after cooling down the system started up and had pressure with no problem-- but I already had the machine apart so changed the belts and oil anyway.
That's why I think it was some sort of vapor lock issue.

Those pants are a chick magnet in this city-- they scream- Good Times Here! :icon_twisted: 🤣
You need to keep an open ended bleed hose on the truck. I bleed my pump before every job to get the air out. I make up a courtesy hose that plugs in to the outlet with a t connection and ball valve do I can direct water through the solution line or though the open hose.

Name
Justin Johnston
I don't understand.

The machine works great now. I changed the belt and oil. :biggrin:
Thanks for everyone's help- especially @Justin Legend Brands who helped me by TMessage while off duty on a Sunday.
Happy to help!!

Oh **** off.. come on man what was the problem ?that was not the belt and oil ..fess up you had a kink'd hose or your water supply got turned off..

I'm betting one of the bedazzling bejeeling icons off them goofy pants fell in to your water supply and plugged up something
In my defense, the text didn't say he had a problem. He asked how to change the pump belt. I just assumed he was doing it as part of his preventative maintenance. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: hogjowl

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
You need to keep an open ended bleed hose on the truck. I bleed my pump before every job to get the air out. I make up a courtesy hose that plugs in to the outlet with a t connection and ball valve do I can direct water through the solution line or though the open hose.
Doesn't just plugging a male QC (Without a hose) into the female solution outlet do the same?

Opps! :eekk: 🤣

Thanks again. 😍

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Doesn't just plugging a male QC (Without a hose) into the female solution outlet do the same?

Thanks again. 😍
It does but with the hose hook up it's easy to bleed the pump before you start every job and you can refill your sprayers with hot water or make up protector. Use it to wash off your wand before bring it into the house, etc.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
It does but with the hose hook up it's easy to bleed the pump before you start every job and you can refill your sprayers with hot water or make up protector. Use it to wash off your wand before bring it into the house, etc.
when doing my version--I did get a "crotch shot" of water when I started the TM. :eekk: 🤣

Name
Justin Johnston

Thanks again. 😍
No worries. Happy to help where ever I can.
when doing my version--I did get a "crotch shot" of water when I started the TM. :eekk: 🤣
When you have been doing this as long as I have, you learn to stand to the side EVERY time you start someone's machine JUST IN CASE of a leaking quick connect. Nothing like going to have a serious conversation with a customer with wet pants... :eekk:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
You know what assume means, besides talking with a carpet cleaner🤷🏼‍♂️

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom