Need help with red graffiti removal from side of our house!

Lora Olson

Some punk kid graffiti'd our home with the f-bomb in red spraypaint yesterday. Our HOA president is being a beotch and says if we put in an insurance claim our HOA will be booted from the policy. Not sure I can trust her.

The kicker is that it's light tan stucco.

We think spraying on steamway 301 and a little scrubbing would work great.

What do some of u think??

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Re: Need help with red graffiti removal from side of our hou

Lora Olson said:
Some punk kid graffiti'd our home with the f-bomb in red spraypaint yesterday. Our HOA president is being a beotch and says if we put in an insurance claim our HOA will be booted from the policy. Not sure I can trust her.

The kicker is that it's light tan stucco.

We think spraying on steamway 301 and a little scrubbing would work great.

What do some of u think??

A pressure washer ...with a fan tip "YELLOW" will peel it right off... :?:

I spent 4 hrs today ...Blowing paint off Stucco... :lol:

You don't need any chemicals...!!! Do NOT dilute the paint..!!! You just need to break
the bond from the existing paint... :idea:

The ..yellow tip..will NOT blow your existing .."cured"...paint off your house...

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

Harper - their house is textured with tiny corn sized stones. Hand scrubbing lightly makes it flake off, so pressure washing at any decent pressure to remove it would probably remove the texture.

joe harper

Name
joe harper

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Harper - their house is textured with tiny corn sized stones. Hand scrubbing lightly makes it flake off, so pressure washing at any decent pressure to remove it would probably remove the texture.

You are going to HAVE to have..some type of aggition...!!!
Chemically removing the paint will also damage existing paint...& possibly the surface itself..

check out this site..lots of ..Vid.s...."good luck".. :!:

http://www.taginator.com/nnewsite/video.htm

ps...You could just..KILZ..over it ...& ...re-paint... :idea:
Probably going to have to paint any way...

Askal

RIP
Name
Al

First tip is don't live somewhere where someone else tells you what you can and can't do. Then take advantage of your homeowners insurance policy to correct the situation and get a new exterior finish? Good luck.
al

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

we use a tremendous product fro graffiti removal , I can't recall the name of it and ain't walking out to the garage right not to look.... :oops:
But I don't think it's what you need given the material you working with.

simple, sure fire solution is to paint the side of the house .
Sherwin Williams will have a paint that will stick and can match the color.
They'll also rent you a sprayer

it might be less than the deductible on your ins too

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator

thats what happens when you have a known bad ass hoodle-um living in your basement.

he probably screwed the perp's BFF.

Fred Homan

Do you live in a "High Risk" part of town?

rhyde

Name
rhyde

Askal said:
First tip is don't live somewhere where someone else tells you what you can and can't do.
al

I've heard plenty of horror stories with HOA's

John Olson

Name
John Olson

Fred Homan said:
Do you live in a "High Risk" part of town?

No. This was some punk kid that got a hold of a can of spray paint. The HOA president thinks she can speak to anyone how she wants. It was ugly. "drywall out" is the HOA responsibillty. She didn't like that. They got her boat and thought since they took care of their boat I shoudl take care of the walls. I less then politly told her "we" the HOA are not responsible for her boat but are responsible for the outside of my house. I'm still really pissed but Lora wants me to shut up and not argue with the BEOTCH anymore.

Lora Olson

Actually our HOA fees are only $150 a month, and that includes all lawn/landscaping, snow removal, insurance from the drywall out and trash and water. I just don't need anymore stress in my life right now. at all...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Sorry Lora!

Pssst John if a person were to get some red paint and spray Mrs Bitchy's wall, Mrs. Bitchy might just think the vandal came back. :twisted:

Of course you would never catch me doing something like that, so just forget I even mentioned it!
:mrgreen:

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman

I am with doc on this one, share the love brother.

Name
Lee Stockwell

If you can't use your insurance then you don't have insurance.

Name
Brad Gouveia

I do graffit removal and use taginator with my truck mount. Works great rustbelt it sit and 5-10 min and blast it off. I just did one on a stucco wall on Monday I got pic if you want to see.

Taginator costs $50 a gallon. You should be able to get it from you local hotsy dealer

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

No. This was some punk kid that got a hold of a can of spray paint. The HOA president thinks she can speak to anyone how she wants. It was ugly. "drywall out" is the HOA responsibillty. She didn't like that. They got her boat and thought since they took care of their boat I shoudl take care of the walls. I less then politly told her "we" the HOA are not responsible for her boat but are responsible for the outside of my house. I'm still really pissed but Lora wants me to shut up and not argue with the BEOTCH anymore.[/quote:fp3rub8j]

go tag her house............bet her attitude will change then....

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member

We pay $400 per month sounds like you got a bargin..

C

cucu

Just paint the rest of the wall red...whats your problem...done ...it will match the prochem you just rebuilt

Lora Olson

I guess I was a little wrong (but please don't tell John), we don't have typical stucco, we have stucco with aggregate pressed into it, so it is really a rock siding, lots of tiny little rocks, mostly white. I got some goof off yesterday, and lightened it to pink, but the red spraypaint is in the porous areas of the actual rock.

I talked to the HOA lady last night (I don't think she wants to talk to John anymore), and they are going to hire someone professional at this point. Problem is, we have a great Karcher heated pressure washer, but it will take that rock right off.

So, don't know what they are going to do, but at this point if they screw it up...then they have to fix it! :)

Thanks everyone for your ideas...except for painting the house red...that's f'd up!! :shock:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Soda blasting would probably work, but setup and tear down would be the biggest part of the expense. It also could lighten the rock enough you might need to do the whole side, but it would like like new again.

Don't blame John, she was the one being unreasonable. She didn't take into account that while it was the same paint as on here boat, removal from the siding material was not going to be as easily accomplished.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Little known graffiti trick:

Oven Cleaner.

It comes in a ready made spray can, that's always nice. It's a little clingy so it stays in place longer than other cleaners. It's cheaper than most other cleaners that you might use for graffiti.

I learned it from a store owner who used to get tagged every weekend.

I am a late comer to this thread and it sounds like you got it handled so I am just chiming in for the fun of it.

Ken Raddon.

Lora Olson

Doc Holliday said:
Soda blasting would probably work, but setup and tear down would be the biggest part of the expense. It also could lighten the rock enough you might need to do the whole side, but it would like like new again.

Don't blame John, she was the one being unreasonable. She didn't take into account that while it was the same paint as on here boat, removal from the siding material was not going to be as easily accomplished.

Well...I just barley had Hoodie finish landscaping right under that tagged area with new beauty bark...so soda blasting is a no go.

...and...

it's no fun to not blame John...that's my JOB!! :lol:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Just have Hooty cover it with some poly sheeting it will make cleanup easier. The bark works in your favor, the soda can kill grass. Where as it will wash right off the bark if any gets spilled.

Go give John hell, no reason......just because you can!
Better yet tell him the HOA lady called and changed her mind, she's not turning it in. :twisted:

Nooo, better not he might not think that's funny!

Lora Olson

I have learned in 3.5 yrs of marriage that you can only pull the tiger's tail so many times before you get bit! thathurts

steve g

Name
steve garrett

don't know if this is a condo, if it is, stop everything your doing this goes for anyone else reading this or if they know of anyone living in a condo. GO CHECK YOUR MAX POLICY CAP FOR YOUR DWELLING!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how many times I have seen condo policies with a 5k or 10k cap max insurance coverage on the dwelling. the condo policy in most cases is framing, roof, ruff wiring, ruff plumbing,and siding, stucco whatever on the outside, basically enough so an ajoining unit can be finished all the way, that leaves you with, drywall, paint, flooring, cabinets, fixtures, lights and faucets, doors and door hardware, you get the picture, if your cap is 5k new flooring will wipe that out.

I just did a job for a guy that has a 10k cap, it was a smallish flood but it had wall damage, needs new base and paint. I haven't figured it up yet but I already know with just reinstalling the old carpet and cleaning, the dryout, painting and repairs, he going to be darn close to the 10k cap. another time a couple years ago I had to cut a bill in half because the condo had a 40k deductible and for whatever reason the dwelling coverage would not pay. I personally think if anyone is faced with way too low of a cap, they should sue their insurance agent for malpractice because the policy was wrote wrong, but this is actually more common than not and why agents are so stupid to it I have no idea, you would think the corporate insurance companies would put a memo out to the agents. one of my friends had a 5k cap but 25k in damage. check your coverage, did that sound clear enough???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom