Need hotel Pricing help?

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
I have a chain of hotel properties that want me to give them a qoute. I've never done hotels before so I have no idea on what kind of pricing I should offer. Here's a little info on the properties:

There are 4 hotel properties total that need cleaning. Each property has 100-170 units, each approximately 300 sq ft per unit.

If you've worked with hotels before, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I don't do hotels, however, the local guy here that has alot of them wrapped up does them for $10. per room (again this is why I don't do hotels). I bid a 180 unit hotel once for $20. per room and they said I was to high and would I come down, and I said nope. Probably why I still don't do hotels.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I used to do Motels when I forst started my business, was getting $15 per room, well they found someone cheaper, so I no longer do motel rooms.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
My wife just told me they had a bid already for $12 a room. Wow at those kind of prices I think i'll pass. Thanks for the info guys, it really helps.

BillC

I have been called to bid on most of the hotels around here and I bid them at $17 per room but the Indians that own them won't pay more than $7-10 so I passed.. no wonder the carpets look horrible!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
we haven't done any since the early years in biz.
reason being, our experience was the same as others ....poor profits .

The last ones we did were at a negotiated price of $13 pr rm .
and the only reason I agreed to that (down from $20 pr rm) was cause i was brOke ..and we got the halls, lobby and open areas for 18 cents sf (which i can make good money on)

I would of kept the account , 'cept they started only cleaning a handful of rooms at a time spread out on three different floors and hardly ever cleaned the halls lobby/open areas .

i was losing money doing only 10-15 rms at a time .

if you can get the open areas at a decent price, it might be worth while for you.. so don't reject it out of hand.
but if no open areas at a fair price, it's tough eeking out even a small profit at the typical pr rm rates they pay

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We don't normally do the rooms but we have done some hallways for a couple of chains here in town. Good work, wide open spaces and not too dirty except entry ways.

However their isn't much carpet in the rooms that's not covered by furniture. Open areas wouldn't take long to clean maybe 5-minutes a room at most.

IF they had a block of them and access wasn't an issue I think you could make some decent money with them. 12-rooms @$10.00 is $120.00 an hour, if they gave you more of them and you didn't have to move your setup it might be worth it. I wouldn't do one or two on a second floor in the middle of a complex.

I'd want 20-40 at a time or more. somewhat amus

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I just finished one here that pays me $20 per room, $25 for large rooms and $35 for two room suites. $150 per hallway and $75 per stairway. 3 floors. They vacate 1 floor each Monday for 3 weeks so I can do all the rooms on 1 floor each week. It's an AmericInn. Find the ones that aren't owned by Indians and you might find someone that wants honest, reliable quality. GOOD LUCK.

Mike Draper

We have a small 50 room hotel we clean every year. We charge 32.50 a room. The rooms are pretty small and we do about 8 rooms an hour. They used to get them cleaned for half our price, but then they couldn't rent their rooms for 24 hours because of slow dry times. We have them dry in less than 3 hours. You have to separate yourself from the competition in some way in order for them to see value in your service over the other guy.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Is it the Extended Stays Matt?

I've done the hallways a bunch of times back in the early years...They want dirt cheap on the rooms or they won't do them.

I've clean a couple of rooms for my minimum but they were "emergency" type situations.

I did fairly well on the hallways....TMed everything too. PITA...even for the money.

Wasn't worth the money to me to keep the account.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have been working for a guy that owns 2 hotels. We get $10.00 a room, $3.50 for a sm chair, $7.50 for a Arm chair and $12.50 a sofa, but I get $.15 a sq for the halls and $2.00 a step. A two man crew with good equipment working hard and smart can make about $100.00 an hour.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I just bid one out for $25 per. room at "Best Price hotel" and didn't get it (wonder why lol).. I just can't see doing them for less then that.

Jamesh921

Name
James
OK - Don't know about Cali (where you're at) but here in the Midwest (Oklahoma) this is what we can do:

$10 per room
.12¢ per sq. ft. on the hallways

If you can impress them with that, you MAY be able to get the ceramic/marble entries for around .50¢ per sf there.

That's only if you own your own equipment outright (no payments), don't spend alot on advertising (mostly word of mouth) and are now working in the black (able to pay your bills from other jobs without relying on this one - becuase you WILL have to wait for your money).

With that said, you can make well over $1,000.00 PLUS per day cleaning carpet in motels, ESPECIALLY if you can remove red stains.

You'll need "at least" a 3 man crew "probably 4". It ain't bad money, but it ain't easy money either.

Try it one time and see how it goes.

PCCN

BillC said:
I have been called to bid on most of the hotels around here and I bid them at $17 per room but the Indians that own them won't pay more than $7-10 so I passed.. no wonder the carpets look horrible!
Went thru the same thing. Bid $12 and WAS TOLD they would pay $6. DONT THINK SO! Told them they could call the illegals back in to clean for them again.

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
Do them all the time for cheaper than anyone on here has mentioned. Me and 1 other guy running a cimex each can knock out 200 rooms and all hallways, lobby, and meeting rooms in 1-2 days. Decent money and EASY. Once you get to where you are doing 7-10 Hotels each 2-3 times a year it adds up. Plus I clean for a really nice brand of Hotels that has locations in desirable places, and most renovate every 5 years so the carpet is NEVER trashed. I use them as mini paid for vacations. Clean for a day and a half and golf and party for the other day and half! People make money in different ways. No way I would do what I do for the pay I get with a TM. I load up my cimex in my mini van and go to work!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I worked one today that kicked my butt :cry: . I want to start encaping them :twisted: . The issue is that we also have to do the upholstery. If anyone can give me some tips on encappin upholstery, please PM me.

bahrahm

we did 900 rooms Marriott hotel for 12.00 each between 80-90 rooms per day with porty(king cobra) ... carpets and chairs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom