Need Lowest odor encap product

Name
Steve Lawrence
Hi All,

What are your favorite low odor encap products. We have sensitive customers in an upscale high-rise for which we are cleaning halls with no ventilation.

Thanks,
Steve

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I have had good success with Sapphire Scientific Versaclean as a very nearly no odor encap product for such people.

I will say that you need to have a very clear idea of what they mean by "sensitive people"; do they have specific sensitivities or allergies that have to be taken into consideration? Or is an emotional issue with anything that has a strong smell?

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I will say that you need to have a very clear idea of what they mean by "sensitive people"; do they have specific sensitivities or allergies that have to be taken into consideration? Or is an emotional issue with anything that has a strong smell?
I agree that would be my biggest concern no matter what product. I might even want management to inform them that you are using safe cleaning products that have very low VOC's but if anyone is sensitive to odors they should stay out of the hallways until a few hours after you are done. Then you've done your due diligence and they've been warned.

Name
Andy McFadden
Jim,
I didn't know if versa clean could or should be used for encaping.?

But glad to hear you suggest it , because I did experiment with it for OP and bonnet cleaning and it performed extremely well, as good or better then well known encaps, no smell at all. it was a real good HWE pre spray too.

Surround free, is another good one for no smell, and it works great.

Lefty724

Name
E
I'll second Surround Free. I found a gallon I my garage and am using it this week. I'm very surprised at how well it works! No smell at all.

Name
George Valliant
What's that one Bristor sells? it has absolutely no odor or fragrance at all. Then, he'll sell ya some sweet smelling frangrances if you want.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Thanks so much for the replies, guys.

Yes, no specific allergies have been mentioned, just the PM wants as little odor as possible.

Any more possible products?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Jim,
I didn't know if versa clean could or should be used for encaping.?

But glad to hear you suggest it , because I did experiment with it for OP and bonnet cleaning and it performed extremely well, as good or better then well known encaps, no smell at all. it was a real good HWE pre spray too.

Surround free, is another good one for no smell, and it works great.

Mike Kerner from Sapphire clued me in on Versaclean's other uses, including encap. Mike is a pretty quiet and humble guy, but if you get him going on cleaning chemistry, he's a fountain of knowledge.

I'm grateful to know him.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Steve please look beyond the myth of "encap" actually encasing soil in a polymer shell and releasing so it can be vacuumed up at the next cycle.

But stretch your mind now.

Look into a powdered product called "CLEAN FREE"

No odor, no residue

4 oz per FIVE gallons of water.

Bonnet clean with it..............it says so right on the lable.

It would be perfect for lightly soiled hallways.

About $31 per 7 lb container.

Look on the interlink website

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
BP makes a product called Encapuean Green DS (I think?). I've used it in my Cimex with ok results. I would say that it is low odor. However I felt like it didn't clean like the DS2 which smells like Tea Tree oil.

The Clean Machine

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We really like Harvard's Bone Dry. Really don't notice an odor either. Also, soy based product and has been very effective for us. You can call them and get a free sample to try as well.

We also use it a lot as an upholstery prespray.

www.hcronline.com

I see Harvard is working on updating their website, so I can't really cut and paste links yet. You will find it in the Carpet care section.

Mark Saiger

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I'd second Surround Free.
Support the companies that also offer an alternative to the stinky, obnoxious, fragrance loaded chemicals.

It is ok to offer the fragrance loaded ones, however most manufacturers do not offer a fragrance free products.

I am sure that most detergents will work just fine as an encap. I tried Soap Free and it did great.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Are the fragrance smells that are added to chems a means to mask or cover up the bad smells of the chem and any evidence of emitting VOC ?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
CLEAN FREE or SOAP FREE just about the same.

No odor

A lot cheaper to use than those $40 encap shampoos.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Are the fragrance smells that are added to chems a means to mask or cover up the bad smells of the chem and any evidence of emitting VOC ?

I don't think that's the case. More about masking some of the ingredients smell and partially ignorance.
Seems like most cleaner here and maybe their clients like fragrances, I just wish they also offered more 'fragrance free' alternatives to those of us and our clients that do not like perfumes.

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I don't think that's the case. More about masking some of the ingredients smell and partially ignorance.
Seems like most cleaner here and maybe their clients like fragrances, I just wish they also offered more fragrance free alternatives.

When it comes to the smell game adding fragrances is so 1970s. In my literature I have a quote that says. The best smell is no smell you should only notice a freshness in the air after a carpet cleaning.

Name
Damon
Vacaway Encap Green has little to no odor and does a very good job, imo.

Clean Free as Jimmy mentioned. Also, I think Procyon Encap Extreme is odorless?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Also, I think Procyon Encap Extreme is odorless?

I just received a free quart sample of Procyon Extreme liquid last week.
I have yet to use it.

Crystal clear and absolutely ZERO odor.
The multi-purpose degreaser was exactly the same.
If it said Poland Spring on the bottle, you would not be able to tell the difference unless you drank it.
Kinda surprised.

http://www.soapfreeprocyon.com/freesample.htm

Last edited:
Name
Damon
Yeah, Procyon was at Connections. They were doing some VLM cleaning with all cotton loopy bonnets.

Seemed to do a good job.

I just received a free quart sample of Procyon Extreme liquid last week.
I have yet to use it.

Crystal clear and absolutely ZERO odor.
The multi-purpose degreaser was exactly the same.
If it said Poland Spring on the bottle, you would not be able to tell the difference unless you drank it.
Kinda surprised.

http://www.soapfreeprocyon.com/freesample.htm

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Steve please look beyond the myth of "encap" actually encasing soil in a polymer shell and releasing so it can be vacuumed up at the next cycle.

But stretch your mind now.

Look into a powdered product called "CLEAN FREE"

No odor, no residue

4 oz per FIVE gallons of water.

Bonnet clean with it..............it says so right on the lable.

It would be perfect for lightly soiled hallways.

About $31 per 7 lb container.

Look on the interlink website

Thanks for the tip. I will look into this product myself as we have a Masterblend dealer closeish by. Jimmy, all the sarcasm and bollocks aside, what is the basis of you skepticism toward encap technologies. Genuine straight question, just looking for a coherent straight answer.

Grant

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom