Need new Iron

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Wagner wallpaper steamer. Approx. $50 at interlink or HD. Black & Decker is more compact, but harder to find. Might be out of production.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I currently use a black and decker and I do like it but I was talking with Jim Pemberton today because I recently had a reaction with heat and a spotter that the customer must have used and it took the color out. He recommended a jiffy steamer because u just direct the steam at the spot but u can still see it cause u aren't covering it up. This way you can immediately see any color loss taking place.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
A Shark Iron and We carry the Wagner Steamer

The Shark has this layer of dried yuck on the platen : )

Looks like a frying pan !

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Both......If I have a lot of red spots I will whip out the wall paper steamer...I can set it down and move around to do other things...you don't have to baby sit it as much.....
If it is just a few red spot then I use the cheap $7 iron....

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Go to Deseret Industries or goodwill and pick up a couple of $1-2 irons. You do not need anything expensive nor do you want to use your wife's as your going to "ruin" the iron for using it for anything else. As for steamers Home Depot always had them on sale for less then what I can buy them for. We have a Home Depot 3-4 minutes from us so it had never made any sense for me to stock them as I would have to charge $10 more then Home Depot to not lose money.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Northern Tool had some Namco steamers on EBay the other day.

They are very similar to the B&D Wallpaper Steamer

Reactions: Able 1

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I bought a steamer to use,. The Wagner. Takes a while to heat up and is bulky. We could not see it working with our system and fitting neatly in our vans. We are just sticking with the cheap walmart irons.

Larry how fast does the one you have heat up?

How about a video post of the whole process so we can see the time it takes. I like the smaller foot print.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I bought a steamer to use,. The Wagner. Takes a while to heat up and is bulky. We could not see it working with our system and fitting neatly in our vans. We are just sticking with the cheap walmart irons.

Larry how fast does the one you have heat up?

How about a video post of the whole process so we can see the time it takes. I like the smaller foot print.

The Wagner is garbage.. If you start with cold water it takes like 15 minuets to heat up. B&D and the one Larry posted will be steaming in 30sec to a min.. You do have to watch them on cheap poly, they will leave a ring..

I would like to get some feedback on the Namco Brad posted.. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200619591_200619591

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Reactions: TomKing

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I have a couple that looked like the ones Larry sells. I couldn't keep them working even though I tried to take gentle care of them. I liked the way they worked though.

Able 1

Name
Keith
They last longer when you also use Larry's proprietary R/O water..:icon_razz:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom