Need pressure washer gun info

Motivated

I don't have a pressure washer gun yet. I have still never used my truckmount for any form of pressure washing so I need some schooling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Deluxe-5000-PSI-10- ... 3caa6f210d

Is this gun going to work? I have been price shopping and have found the prices to be all over the place.

I noticed that most of them have a 3/8" inlet. Do most of you get an adapter or do you change the inlet to 1/4"?

Also, what type of nozzles do I need for general use.

I need some schoolin on pressure washing. Send me some links to some good ones. I need the nozzles too!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Motivated said:
0d

Is this gun going to work?

I didn't notice if it was rated for heat too.
My gun on the van is a 4000psi rated to 250 temp.

I have been price shopping and have found the prices to be all over the place.

for occasional use, most any gun will do you.

I noticed that most of them have a 3/8" inlet. Do most of you get an adapter or do you change the inlet to 1/4"?

yep, it comes with a standard open flow QD.
Take it off and screw on a QD that mates with your TM solution line

Also, what type of nozzles do I need for general use.

buy a pack of them.
they'll have different jet spray angles from wide to stream.
The narrower the spray angle, the more concentrated the force .
Use the jet nozzle that best suits the job.
The pop in and out of the QD on the business end of the gunjet

I need some schoolin on pressure washing. Send me some links to some good ones. I need the nozzles too!
[/quote]

you buy jets nozzles anywhere pressure washing equipment is sold.
Farm supply stores, Home Depot, Lowes, etc
You can buy guns there too.

I donno what PSI your TM pump is capable of.
The higher the pressure, the more there is a learning curve to using it.
You can blow siding off a house or cut a deck all to pieces with big PSI if you don't know what your doing.
Conversely, if you're not using the power of the pressure and flow, you might as well just use a scrub brush and garden hose

Learning comes by doing

..L.T.A.

Motivated

Thats some good info. Thanks. I am either considering that ebay one or going to Home Depot tomorrow to see what they have. I checked Jon Don and they had one that seemed the same and was over 100 bucks. If it is worth it I dont mind paying, but it may be the same as the ebay one as far as quality.

I have a powerclean Freedom XT and the manual says I should never exceed 2000 psi when pressure washing.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
You can check Homedepot. Northern Tool has some great powerwashing equipment and alot of selection. One thing to keep in mind is also the flow of the change out pressure tips.. Just like our jet sizing on our wand. When using your pressure washer with a smaller orifice and smaller flow jet you'll get closer to the actual pressure being put out. If you are running a higher flow tip you loose pressure but haver a higher water usage rate.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Motivated said:
Thats some good info. Thanks. I am either considering that ebay one or going to Home Depot tomorrow to see what they have. I checked Jon Don and they had one that seemed the same and was over 100 bucks.

yea, unfortunately many CC'ers pay more than they need to for an assortment of gear

if you want a top quality gun, (or all sorts of goodies) check out this site

http://www.dultmeier.com/catalog/

I have a powerclean Freedom XT and the manual says I should never exceed 2000 psi when pressure washing.

you're not going to be pressure washing regularly with it.
If you are, buy a good pressure washer .
cause it will do better job for a 10th of the price of a TM

for occasional use, just about any gun jet that's rated 4000psi and couple hundred degrees will serve you well for years
(as long as you're not running corrosive solutions)

..L.T.A.

Motivated

I got one more question. to clean vinlyl siding decks etc. I noticed there is a cleaner for almost everything. However, they seem to be set up to run through a pressure washer.

Do you guys run this through your truck mount or use it as a pre spray? It seems to me that dwell time works best on everything. If you use it in your truck mount what do you set your meter at?

I havent really looked. I should go to interlink and see if the make something for my TM.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Motivated said:
I got one more question. to clean vinlyl siding decks etc. I noticed there is a cleaner for almost everything. However, they seem to be set up to run through a pressure washer.

I don't have much real knowledge of all the different juices .
I know they run anything from alkaline to acid to bleaches .

for the little bit of PW'ing we do, I've found that regular ole butyl based all purpose cleaners do a fine job

Do you guys run this through your truck mount or use it as a pre spray? It seems to me that dwell time works best on everything.

we don't.
dwell is a good thing, but you're not going to get much dwell of juice on a vertical surface like the side of house.
For tenacious soils, a scrub brush on a pole and bucket-o-soap 'n water works well, then blow it off

I havent really looked. I should go to interlink and see if the make something for my TM.

Unless this is an add on "while your there" kind-a thing, you'll be farther ahead to buy a real pressure washer and schedule those jobs as needed.
Cause you're not going "add on" 1600sf house siding job or 600sf deck like you would extra rooms or a couple/few pieces of upl

You can buy a 3000+ PSI contractor grade pressure washer starting at around $700
It's WAY more cost effective putting hours on a $700 pressure washer than $15,000 TM
and the pressure will do a better job

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom