need some advice on restaurant kitchen floor.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I have a place we clean carpet at and their guy who cleans their equipment and floor has gone. anyways the grease under the equipment is black thick. I tried a small section with some success but didnt even get to the bad area. this is what im looking for

what chemical

2500 pressure washer and gun to blast out? no way my 1000 psi is going to do it.

and any other suggestions

Thanks

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
go to a pressure washing place and ask them. Using costco chems on this would be a lot like using costco chems to clean carpet. The pressure washing store will have better, faster working chems and may rent machines too.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what kind of floor is it??

stone or VCT?

not sure it would be wise to pressure was VCT..... :shock:

and I'm wondering what kind of mess you'd create in a kitchen pressure washing a floor regardless of the material :shock:

..L.T.A.

F

FB7777

You're gonna make an enormous mess using 2500 psi on a kitchen floor the dirt and greases splatter will go everywhere

An inexpensive degreaser will do fine , you need dwell time , scrappers , doodle strip pads and elbow grease

Bucey

Name
FFA?
its the old 4in tile squares. I think its called stilito? The guy that cleaned it in the past used a pressure washer and dumped in a can. the real bad areas are under the grill. Is purple power to strong?

Name
BradFenstermaker
Scott Rogers gave me this idea last week or so. Buy a electric pressure washer for $100 and plumb in your solution line and attach to your tile spinner tool.

Any high ph degreaser will work with dwell time and agitation. Only prob with using the spinner is clogged vac slots. Just check it often.

You will only have to clean this dirty once right so do it with patience and get em on a more regular full clean schedule.

highsteam

Name
Alberto
A strong degreaser is what i would use too. I heard somebody use lye acid to clean a kitchen floor but that thingy is dangerous, must be done with extra care. You can use a pressure washer but the extraction will be the key factor. Can get a surface cleaner with vacuum and use your TM to extract it. The grease will clog the drain.

Fred H

I think the acronym CHAT would apply here.

Chemical- a degreaser

Heat- mix with hot water

Agitation- scrub with floor machine a 175 with a brush or black pad, you will need a doodlebug or similar brush for the edges, elbow grease.

Time- let the solution dwell to break up the grease.

I would use a shop vac or porty with a squeegee attachment to vac the mess off the floor.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
First, the "guy" cleaning the floors before you wasn't cleaning the floors properly at all. The soiling under the equipment exists worldwide because of poor maintenance proceedures. I have extensive experience with restaurant floors and my biggest piece of advise is continue doing what you're doing for this restaurant (providing it's been profitiable) and don't get involved with the hard surface. This floor you're describing needs a complete restoration and change of maintenance routine. I wish I could impart some of my experience but I'm gonna leave you with run, don't walk.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom