Need some advise on blood stains

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I'm going in the morning to clean blood stains on a nylon thats probably 10 yrs old. Its been sitting for about a week with no cleaners or water applyed to it, the women is still in the hospital. I was going to try some powermax boosted with more H20 or some oxyblaster? Should I use hot water or cold water to rinse?

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I always start with just a 50/50 mix of cold water and ammonia.
Most of the time this is all that is needed.
If it is tough I will add a little peroxide.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Go to sally's beauty supply and get some 40 volume clear developer.

Put a spray tip on the qt bottle and saturate the blood.

Wait about 10 15 min and extract.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Not much to add to guru Jimmy's fine comments but do not use any heat and if any stain remains after a couple of rounds, try some rust remover.

F

FB7777

yep Jimmy's got the cure

theres a Sally's right next to the Randolph Cinema Complex Dave

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
Thanks for the info. I dont have time to go to sallys, I have a liquid oxygen made for carpets. Will it work with cold water?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
how about just prespray and prescrub. I have had a ton of cancer patient death tosses and just scrub it with the red pad and gone when you suck it out. Peroxide is kinda evil used wrong

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Some situations with large volumes of blood may require replacement of the cushion.

If the blood is only in the face yarns, often an alkaline prespray or protein spotter plus lukewarm water (100 to 120 F) will clean it out just fine. Do a little flushing.

The next step up is an enzyme product such as an enzyme prespray or Bio-Modifier. Allow some dwell time. Flush with luke warm water.

A stain remover with hydrogen peroxide such as Urine Stain Remover will get it if the above methods don't. Or you can skip directly to the hydrogen peroxide product.

As Harry Hides offers, sometimes enough iron in the blood to leave a rust stain after other methods have been used.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
Thanks for all the advise. I ended up soaking the areas with the 02 and flushing with cold water. I had to do it a couple times on some areas but everything came out with no problems. Then I used my normal prespray and rinsed out with hot water. The lady couldn't believe that we got all the blood out. The really bad areas were in the bathroom and bedrooms where there was no carpets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom