Need some feedback on electric/battery sprayers

I want to get a battery sprayer. The mytee big boss looks like a well built sprayer, but my two concerns are it will be a tight fit in my van, and the jug is not interchangeable. If pre-spray is in the sprayer, the juice would need to be dumped and the tank rinsed to use it for applying protector.

The multisprayer looks good for most jobs and jugs can be changed quickly. If I had to choose one sprayer for commercial or larger jobs, it would be the big boss. Another option is I could use it and just keep a pump sprayer for protector, and clean it out daily.

Pump sprayers: I am done using them for any prespray application.

Hydro Force: This will remain my workhorse for most jobs, but in order to speed production a bit I would like to have my helper spray in front of my and scrub etc. while I am cleaning or vice versa.

What do you like using?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Daniel;

The Big Boss is nice to roll around with the big wheels,
and is the best for large prespray jobs.
Since the 5-Gal. tank lifts off, it can be refilled quickly.
Mytee also has a 1 Gal. Sidekick plug-in tank for protector application.

The Multi-Sprayer has best capability for changing spray products.

The TC Multi-Sprayer & Big Boss use the same battery, but you have to carry the Multi-sprayer TC.

Larry

Name
Lee Stockwell
We drop 3 different 1 gallon jugs in ours, and use it mostly for protector. I'll measure the opening tomorrow. It can also be filled without using gallon jugs inside. 12v Dewalt keeps a long charge and we keep a spare battery on the charger in the van.

Regarding your HF for prespray: On big jobs with a helper I sometimes run a second solution line so the HF can be used independently of the cleaning wand. Turn the pressure up a bit to compensate.

Lee Stockwell said:
We drop 3 different 1 gallon jugs in ours, and use it mostly for protector. I'll measure the opening tomorrow. It can also be filled without using gallon jugs inside. 12v Dewalt keeps a long charge and we keep a spare battery on the charger in the van.

Regarding your HF for prespray: On big jobs with a helper I sometimes run a second solution line so the HF can be used independently of the cleaning wand. Turn the pressure up a bit to compensate.

That's what we do for big jobs. One hose cleaning and the other to spray. I keep the pressure about 550. The water stays nice and hot even with all that flow. Sometimes we will just dual wand, but most jobs it is easier to have one persone spray, pull hose, and move things. Let me know if it will accomodate the 2 gallon multi jug. If so, then it looks like a winner to me.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
how much prespray do you use on a job???

i like my 10 gallon old porty...park it at the front door most times, and i have a 50' hose to go where needed....

sometimes ifn i dont need a full 10 it makes me wish for a battery sprayer but not every time i look at the price

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Lee Stockwell said:
http://www.rotovaccorp.com/sprayers-hydroforce.html

can you still find that sprayer?

It's been discontinued for some time now.
I tried to buy an electric one a couple years ago...I couldn't find one anywhere.

IMO, it's the perfect sized sprayer (for us) ...damn near a perfect sprayer

Dan, the Multi-Sprayer is one of the best..bar none

..L.T.A.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
i use an electric multi sprayer for protector and a 8 gallon battery sprayer for prespray, only use 3-5 gallons most of the time though.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
unless the multisprayer has put different pumps in the machine, you will have to put in a new pump down the road

mine went bad, repair guy @ JonDon said they all go bad

I would look at the mytee

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

no offense , John, but they missed the boat with that thing.
Why in the world would they make it so damn big and cumbersome for such a small capacity jug??
near TWICE the size of a Multi-Sprayer for whopping 1/2 gal more juice capacity..... :roll:

all they needed to do was refine/modify the sprayer they discontinued rather than coming up with the Omni.

I'm more and more convinced everyday, the dude's that dream up some of the tools we use have NEVER cleaned carpets for a living....

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve frasier said:

no different with the SurFlo pump, Steve.
They all go bad (wear out) and need replaced eventually .
Just a fact of life

some juices are harder on them than others, as well.
We don't get the same life when using powders compared to liquids either.

..L.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
meAt said:
Lee Stockwell said:
http://www.rotovaccorp.com/sprayers-hydroforce.html

can you still find that sprayer?

It's been discontinued for some time now.
I tried to buy an electric one a couple years ago...I couldn't find one anywhere.

IMO, it's the perfect sized sprayer (for us) ...damn near a perfect sprayer

Dan, the Multi-Sprayer is one of the best..bar none

..L.T.A.

It's still on their website, don't know why if they don't make it.

Ours still going strong, bought two new batteries and a new trigger for it in the last five years. I like that I can put three intact gallon jugs INSIDE it and drop the pickup tube into the product of the moment, leaving the caps on the others. When changing products pop off the top and drop the pickup tube into different product and switch caps. Much prefer it for protector and deo, not quite enough volume for fulltime prespray use.

Thanks,
Lee

ps. If they no longer make it, I will make my own like it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Larry it has been the best battery sprayer I have ever sold period and I've sold them all. Only thing that has ever needed replaced is the battery and that was after 2 years I'd daily use. I wouldn't push a interlink item if it didn't beat everything else.

starrett

I use the Mytee Big Boss rechargable. I have an extra jug for deoderizer, and a white one for protector. Heavy, and takes alot of space, but damn what a nice set up. Recharge weekly and good to go

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Sorry John, but I'm with Larry. I've got both and hardly ever pull out the Omni pos. The original hydro fits in the side door ready to fill and easy to carry in. Perfect capacity for 1 or 2 jobs, Good powerful flow with the proper jet, easy to drop in a gallon of deo or teflon, stays charged all day or 2. Only drawbacks are no holder for the spray wand and the feet don't stay glued on because no glue will adhere to molded plastic (that I've found), then it gets holes worn in the bottom.

TimP

meAt said:
steve frasier said:

no different with the SurFlo pump, Steve.
They all go bad (wear out) and need replaced eventually .
Just a fact of life

some juices are harder on them than others, as well.
We don't get the same life when using powders compared to liquids either.

..L.T.A.

My interlink sprayer pump went out a few months ago. I haven't gotten around to trying to change it. I've about had to rebuild all the wiring due to switches going out and charging systems not working. I've gone to using a regular battery charger from wal-mart (30 bucks) and connecting directly to wires. It keeps it from over charging and charges in about 1-1.5 hours at a 2 amp charge. Anyway I need to get a new pump eventually, upholstery is even more of a pain in the rear without it.

I've wanted to buy a pump that I can keep switched on all the time and sprays on demand, like I think the mytee one does. But I don't know if I can put it on my interlink sprayer.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I really liked my omni sprayer (since I went to it from a pump up), but I was helping a guy out about a month or 2 ago that had a multi sprayer it's way better. The Omni is just too big IMO.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mytee big boss for pre-spray....( best out there hands down)...

Omni for UPH....( just because)..

multi sprayer for protector.... (I like the coverage and the fan pattern )

TimP

Jim Martin said:
Mytee big boss for pre-spray....( best out there hands down)...

Omni for UPH....( just because)..

multi sprayer for protector.... (I like the coverage and the fan pattern )

What happened to your rocket sprayer?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Its buried out in the storage shed somewhere....... Mytees big boss sprayer works much better.....

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have had the multisprayer for many years.
It is a good sprayer, however when something goes wrong it is very hard to fix.
It has a small/fine jet head and a foaming head that works great for upholstery. Those heads will work fine with any sprayer.

The last time I got it fixed they stuck with their original repair estimate and sweetly told me that next time the charge to fix it will be more than the cost of a new one.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

I love you, John, but you don't use them day in and day out like the BD's in the trenches .
Interlink missed the boat by starting with a clean sheet of paper instead of improving the superior design of the old HF

I've about had to rebuild all the wiring due to switches going out and charging systems not working. I've gone to using a regular battery charger from wal-mart (30 bucks) and connecting directly to wires.

Lemmie guess, cause no matter how careful you are, dibbles happen and get on the wiring to corrode?
Same problem the Multi suffers .
The unavoidable problem is due to the pump and wiring in the bottom...below the juice tank.
The HF pump and wiring is above.
Unless a pump or fitting starts leaking, it stays dry!!...FOREVER

it's damn near the "perfect" sprayer ..or was

Here's why;
It's EASY to mix anything due to HUGE wide mouth .

3 gal capacity
which will cover 700-1200 sf depending on soil load.
That makes it well suited for the guys that primarily clean res and empties
Over 3 gal capacity and you need dolly wheels due to the weight when full.
That increases size exponentially .
and who want's to carry 50+ pounds (5 gal solution and sprayer) up Mrs Phiff's stairs?

It's streamline
Takes up less space in the van and isn't cumbersome in the home

wiring and pump ABOVE the tank.
less corrosion of wiring

It's EZ to work on when repairs are needed.
(not busting your knuckles in the bottom of the housing like a Multi)

what they should of FIXED instead of discontinuing and missing the boat with the Omni

Kev mentioned some

It needs a vertical wand holder.
The feet.
Due the pump and plumbing on top, it's easier to tip over (especially when near empty)
Making it tad shorter and slightly wider would ease that and still be thinner/more compact that any wheeled gizmo

It needs a rocker switch instead of that toggle that BEGS to get busted.

needs a seal to prevent sloshing out when full.

Just a few things is all it needed to be the closest thing possible to the "perfect" sprayer for the average BD

anyone that says differNt...DON'T KNOW SHEET!!!! :evil:

..L.T.A.

I love my hydroforce over all other sprayers. I have a good pump sprayer, but I need to get the wand extension sautered as it came apart. I really can't believe how much carpet I can pre-condition with a 3 gallon pump sprayer. As long as the carpet is not trashed I can spray most jobs and get the heavy soiled areas good. I am talking 5-6 room jobs. A lot of jobs I do I have to carry water. The water is shut off with a lock at the street so no turning the water on. With a hydroforce you can go through quite a bit of water before you know it. One of my jobs this morning was a job like that. I had to clean 8 areas of carpet with the water I had on the truck. If I had a working pump, it would not be a problem. If I did have to use the HF, it would only be on a room or two. Then I can just run my machine on low and get through the jobs no problem. I only run into problems when I try to pre-spray and clean with the water in my tank.

On todays job I just sprayed the dirtiest areas and cleaned everything else with slurry. It came out great. With the multi sprayer I can mix up two jugs of solution and pre-spray good before cleaning easier than using a pump sprayer. Also I can have my helper spray while I am cleaning so we can get done faster. If I have access to water, then I will just pull another hundred footer off and let him use the hf.

That is the real reason I want to keep this tank I have. I have even contemplated beefing the shocks on my GMC (which drives like a dream) so I can install this tank. I also wanted to add a propane heater and make this truck a bad ass mother.

Then I think about it like this. We dual wand several jobs each week and that shaves about an hour off a typical job. So really the best solution for me is to just get a little bit bigger truck, install the extra tank, and use the dual wand machine. That is what I plan on doing some time next year. I am closing on my house next week, and if all goes accordingly, I will take the 1500 per month in rent money and use that at least as a downpayment on a better truck sometime next year.

Well that is the plan. I think I am going to get something like Jim Martin just because it looks KILLER.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have the 2 gallon multi sprayer. Mine has the cord on it. I got friends who say the battery powered ones are a pita. I love mine I use it for everything from protector to upholstery. I go in and spray and the chimp sets up the hoses. Love that the solution line aint tied up have not really used the hydraforce since I got mine

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I bought a Omni in 06. Had to replace the battery and the pump is leaking within the pump head, which means replacement. (what's a good pump replacement?)
Its worked pretty good. Looks professional when I bring it in. But I've never gotten the performance out of the battery that they claimed. I might get 4, maybe 5 gallons sprayed with an 01tip and its dying.

I'd like the Dewalt style battery since you can keep one on the charger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom