Need some guidence on SEO

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Id rather just fork out 100+/month to the Cermaks to do all my SEO Marketing etc...
But any sort of Marketing Dollar$ had has gone to my wife breaking her arm (almost 13k now)

SO... im left with a website that no one can see.

Ive submitted my site to Google using there webmaster tools, Ive also submitted my site map to them.

Done my best with what little I know about meta tags.

Please help :|

Col F

Name
Col Foster
Ashley,
You have very little on your site for search engines to pick up on, only the title tag on your index page.
Create pages for each of your services instead of just listing them.
Dot each page with relevant keywords for that particular service.
View the source of other carpet cleaning web sites to get an idea of how to create "description" & "keywords" meta tags. I'm sure the Coffee Cup software will have a provision for adding these.

When you've done that, do everything that Fred said.

Hope this helps.

Col F

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
FCC said:
Meta tags with the exception of Title are mosly useless for SEO purposes these days. Having said that always make sure they are present and relevant.

Somehow I went to the wrong site earlier :shock: :shock:
Your site lacks the the most important factor good content/copy (next comes links). I would definitely work on that first. Col is right on the additional pages. Before I did anything I would read up at seochat so you have the basics of SEO in mind while designing your site.

What sucks the most, is not that I have no $$$ to put in to this, I have even less time... as I'm actually pretty well booked.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I found this from some ding bat name Tre

Invest in organic SEO.

Examples:

DRY-N-CLEAN targeting 'carpet cleaning chesapeake' 1st page Google, #1 rank and guess whos down the list? Service magic is at the bottom of the page but ********* #1 and pulls in a ton of quality clients. Click here to see results

Same thing with PCS North Alabama, (Click here: Carpet Cleaning Huntsville website has only been up for 3 weeks and targeting 'carpet cleaning huntsville' #1 page #2 rank, ahead of stanley steemer, service magic, yodle, yellowpages and etc. Click here for results (And this is great results since the website has only been live for 3 weeks!

Gotta realize that service magic and other companies are JUST directories, with search engine optimization your website is listed in thousands of directories instead of just 1.

Put your site on many links as possible, take in account a lot cost $$ just Yahoos alone is $299!

We have canceled all print advertising and only do SEO, referrals and repeats.

Tre Allen

Mikey P

Administrator
yeah, but he is still an annoying little ace.

and his dad makes honest men want to rip his f'n throat out.

but do what you have to do to improve your biz.

My Cermack SEO'd site is doing killer.

Every day we get jobs from it.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Ron Werner said:
how are you getting your jobs?
I've been referral only going on 2 years, and the Jobs I have booked are all my regular Commercial accounts... and they take 60+ days to pay.

FCC, I'll PM you. Thanks for all of your input, its opened my eyes to just how complicated and involved SEO can be.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Ron Werner said:
what is your referral program?
or are they just simply calling?

A Magnetic Business card on there fridge.

9 times out of ten my customers call up friends, family, neighbors while I'm at there house, and schedule at least 1 job for me.

aqualux

I'd recommend finding a designer (that won't charge you an arm and a leg), research, check portfolios, etc. If you want to save money, doing it yourself will definitely take a lot of time.. and I do mean a lot, especially if you don't really have experience in design/coding.

$100 a month is not bad - not great either... do you know what they will be doing exactly?

If you're doing it yourself:

1. Use a stylesheet, get rid of the style "hard coded" in the page.
2. Use a descriptive title, instead of what you have now... that title is what people will see when searching.
3. Use h1, h2 and h3 tags.
4. MORE CONTENT!
5. I dunno about the Special, it would be hard to track that i'd recommend just 15% off for a referral or something.
6. Develop your services - let your customers know what they will be getting!
7. Contact Info? Do you have a physical address?* see below if yes.
8. Maybe add Google Analytics to your site (track visitors, get more info on your demographics)

Carpet cleaning is highly competitive, so if your web customers can't compare your service with the other guys... they will pick the guys that have the better information (most of the time),
The main reason for having a site, is for getting new customers and in a sense free "advertising" once you have something established.

*If you do have a physical address, it should be posted on the footer of all your pages, maybe even on a contact page. The reason? LOCAL SEARCH LISTINGS! This is increasingly growing to be the #1 (if not the #1) way to get customers. Say if you do "Carpet Cleaning Seattle" it will post 10 links based on that location. You'll want to at the very least pop up for your zip code and eventually your area... then service areas. So get "citations" or you can pay $30 bucks to a company (Ultimate Business Listing), there are others... just google to have them submit to multiple sites for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom