Need Some Input On a "Leave Behind" Idea....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I was throwin' around an idea to market "leave behind floor mats" for your custys. A lot of CC'ers leave fridge magnets, spotters......my idea is a "chamois" walk off mat, 20x27, inprinted with your company name and number, and maybe your logo.....one color, for about $1.50 each, shipped to your business. There's not much mark-up room. (I'm sure we can do a 2 color for the particular cleaners.) Minimum 100. These would be screenprinted, and can be used as a wiping chamois by the custy after the carpet dries. I think it would be great to leave as a walk-off mat from custys carpet to a tile floor. You know that can be a slip hazzard with Mrs Piffelton. I've made a few, and washed them a few times with no problems with logo washing off. They look really cool, and it's different that other leave behinds. You can drop them on the floor right as you enter the custys house.

The chamois are hard to find (German made). Seems only one company in the US handles and imports them. I'm trying to negotiate a decent wholesale price, but they have the market locked up. But on the plus side, I already have the screening equipment, from making the screen, to printing and curing the mat.

I'll send Mike a pic of the one I make for Mikeysboard. He can post it if he wants.

Help me out here, guys.....I gotta know if there is an iterest in this. It'll keep my kid busy!

PS I'm sure that by posting this here, someone can steal the idea. My advantage is that I have the printing equipment. To sub it out would be too cost prohibitive.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
a "chamois" walk off mat

RW...don forget ta put your phone number on it...
so's Mrs Phifts lawyer can CALL YOU...
when she gets her hi heels all twisted up....

jus sayin'!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's a good idea as long as you place a clean one there at the end of the job...you don't want to leave one you've been walking on during the job.

As long as it doesn't bleed and is of thick, good quality material...I think it could be a good idea.

Samples?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
again I have to disagree. A well designed magnet is gold. A mat may not match the design and in my neighborhood who the **** wants an Xtreme Carpet cleaning or anyother company mat. I have done a number of giveaways and the winner has been the magnet and the screen printed microfibre clothe

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
KevinD said:
bob vawter said:
a "chamois" walk off mat

RW...don forget ta put your phone number on it...
so's Mrs Phifts lawyer can CALL YOU...
when she gets her hi heels all twisted up....

jus sayin'!

Did you ever put your phone # on all that 70's
walk paper you put down?
YOR RIGHT Kevin...and SOMETIMES i wouldn't put it down for
cripples and old peeple!
But man them little ol' black ladies LOVES their walk paper........ !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm not sure any leave behind will ever beat the fridge magnet. It's my favorite....remember to put it on the fridge yourself...don't expect the home owner to do it or it may never get there.

The leave behind mats are a good idea for a few reasons

1. Your name and number are on them

2. You care about their safety and the cleanliness of their floors

3. They can be reused by the homeowner for whatever reason

4. Not many companies are doing it so it will add a uniqueness to any home owner who is a "cleaner veteran"

5. It's "free"

Need I say more?

Becker

Name
Becker
The door mats are nice, but only outdoor type mats with small logo in corner about the size of a business card or slightly larger.
The client will use this in one of 2 places, front door, or just outside the entry from the garage.

Either way the small logo will remind them of your company next time they need cleaning.

Refer mags are good, and I use them.
But so many of my clients don't clutter there refers with stuff, or have stainless steel fronts and non exposed sides.

Years ago I had small stickers I'd ask to put on the clients vac.

Labeled bottles of spotters work very very well!

No one thing will suit all your clients, but finding the right give away for the right client will pay off.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If they don't want the magnet on the fridge I ask them to put it on the computer tower of metal file cabinet...etc.

Sometimes you just have to leave the magnet with them....but I almost always can leave it somewhere.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Computer tower is a bad idea. I know the magnets aren't strong, but get them close enough to the CD ROM, or hard drive and you could have a problem.

CDRX

I did a job recently where they still had one of my magnets on the fridge from about 10 years ago.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Magnets are great!! But they can get lost and forgotten on the fridge.

That is why some also leave a sticker on their vac and bottle of spotter.

Remember to get their e-mail address and permission to inform them of any special events, tips and offers and you can also leave the some e-mails along with your regular snail mail mailings.

It takes more that good service and one leave behind to stay top of mind with clients.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Bundy said:
again I have to disagree. A well designed magnet is gold. A mat may not match the design and in my neighborhood who the ACE wants an Xtreme Carpet cleaning or anyother company mat. I have done a number of giveaways and the winner has been the magnet and the screen printed microfibre clothe

Apparently everybody likes the stanley steamer walk offs.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
we buy rolls of butcher paper , cut off 3' and tape it down with blue.. one big smiley face and a thank you. very cheap and nobody else does it. at least here

gene

Back
Top Bottom